mtbr member

Recommend me a new shock for my 6.6 please..

Hi guys
    I'm looking to change the rear shock on my 6.6 and was wondering what you guys recommend.
    Currently running a 5th Element coil but want something lighter for general riding.
    I do enduro type riding with some big climbs and fast , Rocky descents. Also do some DH but will keep the coil shock for those days..
    Like the look and tune-ability of the CCDB air but open to other thoughts and ideas.
    What's worth a look?
    Cheers
    Steve

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by deesta View Post
    Hi guys
    I'm looking to change the rear shock on my 6.6 and was wondering what you guys recommend.
    Currently running a 5th Element coil but want something lighter for general riding.
    I do enduro type riding with some big climbs and fast , Rocky descents. Also do some DH but will keep the coil shock for those days..
    Like the look and tune-ability of the CCDB air but open to other thoughts and ideas.
    What's worth a look?
    Cheers
    Steve
    I have a CCDB Air on my M9 and its great. If you go that route check with Intense or Cane Creek to see if they recommend the Air as a good option for the 6.6. It didn't play nicely with the 951 and Uzzi due to the suspension curve.

I have a BOS Kirk on my Carbine and it is absolutely fantastic. Best shock I have ever used. Lots of tuneability and it made the bike come alive on the descents.