mtbr member
    May 2009

question for Jeff? What is head angle of 2013 T29 in 5.5 travel mode?

Hi there,

The Intense website says 70 degrees, but before it was 69 for 5.5 and 70 for 5".

Has this changed for the 2013 run of this frame? It would be awesome to know, and I'd really appreciate if you or anyone maybe with a new frame could confirm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'd like to know this too, in my case, with a 140 Fox 34's and ann external lower headset cup.

Also, my shock is currently in the upper position, is that the long travel mode? I can't find anything on the Intense site that says which position is which.

PVGNA PRO PATRIA
    Quote Originally Posted by transporterman View Post
    I'd like to know this too...
    There is an app for that!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I emailed Intense (Sam) and got this response which has left me even more confused. I don't know how going from 5'' to 5.5'' can have no impact on head angle or bb height.

'Changing the travel on the Tracer 29 between the upper and lower holes does not affect the bike’s geometry at all.'

I fix your broken ****!
    Quote Originally Posted by Naveed View Post
    I emailed Intense (Sam) and got this response which has left me even more confused. I don't know how going from 5'' to 5.5'' can have no impact on head angle or bb height.

'Changing the travel on the Tracer 29 between the upper and lower holes does not affect the bike’s geometry at all.'
    Changing the travel settings on ANY of our bikes will not affect the geometry at all. The only thing that changes is where the shock sits in the link- not the position of the link itself. This means no change to the geometry of the bike. The headangle remains at approximately 69 degrees, depending on the fork you are using.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    So which is the long travel position, and which is the short?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Upper hole is long travel.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-IntenseCustServ View Post
    Changing the travel settings on ANY of our bikes will not affect the geometry at all. The only thing that changes is where the shock sits in the link- not the position of the link itself. This means no change to the geometry of the bike. The headangle remains at approximately 69 degrees, depending on the fork you are using.
    HI Sam,

The website states the head angle is 70 degrees with a 150mm fork. Is this incorrect? Should it say 69 degrees with a 140mm fork?

I also noticed the TT length states the xl model as being 25.5 but the equivelant in mm is 635mm which equals a TT of exactly 25". Would really appreciate it if this could be cleared up. Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Cheers dude.

mtbr member

Mine is 69

I'm running a Fox 34 140 on my Tracer 29 with the bike in the 5.5 setting and my inclinometer reads with the needle resting on the high edge of 69 degrees with the same tire on both ends.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider View Post
    I'm running a Fox 34 140 on my Tracer 29 with the bike in the 5.5 setting and my inclinometer reads with the needle resting on the high edge of 69 degrees with the same tire on both ends.
    thanks man, really helpful! stuff like tis is what I need to know when considering dropping the cash on an expensive frame.