mtbr member

Putting grease in the Tracer Vp

Just some info about the whole grease fitting thing. Today I put grease in my Tracer Vpp for the first time.It took about two to three pumps of the grease gun- the one that came with the Tracer Vpp. You could feel it going in and when full both fittings grease came out the sides.I would make sure before using the grease gun that the air is out of it and give it a couple of pulls to make sure the grease is coming out of the gun before trying to put grease in the fittings.

mtbr member
    what, no from johnny G ??

mtbr member
    quick question, are the fittings the ones that press in or are they the proper ones like Turner uses that screw in?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    press...****

legal alien
    Jun 2007
    I think Turner did a great thing by moving to the screw-in Zirks. I wonder if its possible to buy screw in zircs and then drill some threads in the current holes... Or better yet, if Intense would move in this direction and then perhaps offer a retro-kit. :-)

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    screw in seems the way to go...Mr. Intense?

mtbr member
    Ya what you all said! The press in ones on my pre '09 turner's pop out, I'm going to buy some '09's from turner and tap them in myself.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    sounds like screw in is the way to go, then?

legal alien
    Jun 2007
    I think so. Like Bikesinmud said, the ones on the Turners will pop-out and in my experience, after a few times, the bore gets sloppy to the point where you can easily pull the zercs out.

Even if Intense doesn't move to threaded zercs, it looks like you can buy threaded ones from Mc-Master-Carr; they even have self-threading zercs:

http://www.mcmaster.com/