mtbr member
    Jun 2004

New question here. Push a Float AVA or new shock?

I've got a Float AVA on my Spyder. I've been pretty happy with the shock, but it has developed a leak at any pressure over 100-110 lbs. Would those that have sent their shocks to Push suggest this to fix the leak and improve the performance or upgrade to a newer Fox rear? Anybody sent in an AVA to Push?

Thanks

Scott
    Seattle, WA

mtbr member
    This isnt exactly answering your question but...

I have an 03 AVA on my TRACER. It developed a leak so was debating on getting it PUSHed. I ended having my local bike shop rebuild it. New seals and o-rings and all that other stuff. No more leaks and fees brand new!! All for $40

This would be your cheap alternative! If you do buy a new shock, get an RP3
    Intense Tracer

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I have one

I have a Pushed AVA on my 5.5 and I love it.

Do It Yourself
    You can probably fix the leak yourself. Plenty of threads on that in the shocks forum. Basically, pump it up to around 250psi and dunk it under water to check for bubbles. The seals are one possible cause but sometimes it can leak out around the schrader valve. The dunk test will help diagnose the problem.

But if your shock is due for service anyway (about once a year), PUSH will be a good upgrade and less expensive than a new shock. The PUSHed AVA would perform better than the stock new Float however the newer Float R and RP3 shocks are quite a bit lighter than the AVA. And of course a PUSHed 06 RP3 would be optimal yet pricey.
    Long Live Long Rides

Members who have read this thread: 0