Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by trojans1993 View Post
    Here's a Fox Float 32 with a 650b Pacenti NeoMoto - same rubber I'm running and very happy with. I was looking at Nobby Nic or HD but read the NeoMoto was a bit more clearance friendly. Since I last went tire shopping I have seen a whole new fleet of 650b options hit the market.

Fox 32 Float RLC - 650B?
    I've decided to go for the 650b, and went for the new Mavic Crossmax Enduro.
    It comes with Mavic's own set of tires (AKA Michelin).

The front is 2.4 (Charge) the rear is 2.2 (Roam).
    The clearance seems limited on a Float 160 RC2....
    I'll try to upload photos later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan972 View Post
    I've decided to go for the 650b, and went for the new Mavic Crossmax Enduro.

The clearance seems limited on a Float 160 RC2....
    I'll try to upload photos later.

I did the 275 conversion a few months ago, at the time i had a 2014 float 36 running HD tires, i rode it for a few weeks with my 36, it "worked" but some of the places i ride are chunky rock, after hearing repeated rocks bashing under the arch of my 36 decided to sell it and picked up a 2014 27.5 34 talas ctd trail adjust kashima(damn that was long). Overall im glad i made the swap, i sold my used 36 and it covered the cost of my new 34, im sure if i wanted to run a smaller tire the 36 would have done fine but im just used to 2.35 hds. Ill have to post a pic up, any one else have a xl tracer 275 haha, im (6'4) out of all the bikes iv rode the tracer has been my favorite bike iv had.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

The Mavic Tyres are made by Hutchinson, not Michelin. I was slightly disappointed to hear this when I picked up my set as I'm a huge Michelin fan, but this diasppointment was cast away after riding these tyres. Although very heavy, they work beautifully!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    PROJECT:  Tracer 2 converted to 650b-img_20140214_085043.jpg

mtbr member
    Says "Invalid Attachment.." On my pad. How you liking it so far?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Says "Invalid Attachment.." On my pad. How you liking it so far?
    You're quick... I'm still struggling with the picture attachment interface.
    Its heavy raining here for now and expected to be that way for the next 24hr,
    But.....
    Going for desert riding in 1/2 hr ...
    It's a 45min drive to here:
    Desert Singletrack: Israel Part 1 - Pinkbike
    Last edited by Jonathan972; 02-15-2014 at 04:17 AM.

mtbr member
    Your quick... I'm still struggling with the picture attachment interface.
    But.....
    Right on looks super fun. The pic works on my laptop but not the ipad for some reason. Looks great, hope you dig it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Extra set of drop outs for the conversion

If anyone needs the drop outs to do the conversion, i got an brand new extra set I can sell. Just shoot me a reasonable price. I'd prefer to sell locally (SO CAL) because I'm not familiar with the paypal/shipping etc. I was gonna put them on my T2, but then opted for the Intense Bling Kit and got the gold drop outs.

PROJECT:  Tracer 2 converted to 650b-867926d1391788865-tracer-2-converted-275-d03xksa.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Cool-blue Rhythm

The main reason for going 650b for me, was my wheels needed replacement.
    Going for a good quality set means shelling out nearly 1/4-1/5 the cost of the bike.
    It would be a pitty not to be able to take these to the next bike, which the chances of being a 26" are not too high.

Riding in the desert on some familiar singles, strewn with baby heads and small rocks, small and medium bumps compliance was much improved, which is quite diffrent from my previous expirience with the T275, but this could be the result of the much higher quality wheels.

I was worreid about the T2 handling given it wasn't originally designed around the 650b, however I couldn't be any more wrong than that.
    If anything the bikes handling has somehwat improved in stability and on par with the agility of the 26" wheels.

I used a Maxis Hardent 2.25 on the front, and did not felt reduced traction in comparison to the 2.35 Hans Dampf that usually resided there till now.

With the desert's powdery soil there was heft traction, which is quite contrast to what I've read on magazines WRT to the Mavic's rear Roam tire - how it handles on "normal" terrain remains to be seen.

Standover hight was another issue which kept me worried, being on the low side of the M size frame - however I didn't notice it, so it's a non issue I guess.

BB and ground clearance has somewhat improved and I did not notice any ill behavior from the increased BB height.
    Last edited by Jonathan972; 02-15-2014 at 01:12 PM. Reason: add ground clearance and standover

mtbr member
    PROJECT:  Tracer 2 converted to 650b-img_0717.jpgI just made the switch too. Had my hope Pro II's laced onto Stans Arch EX hoops and a new 34 Talas 160 up front. Only a few rides on it but so far so good. I loved my T2 but I think the T2(75) will be even better. I'm taking it on a trip next week & should have a more complete ride report

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0717.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	165.3 KB 
ID:	888790I just made the switch too. Had my hope Pro II's laced onto Stans Arch EX hoops and a new 34 Talas 160 up front. Only a few rides on it but so far so good. I loved my T2 but I think the T2(75) will be even better. I'm taking it on a trip next week & should have a more complete ride report
    Looks great, I'm pretty sure you won't have any regrets after your trip. Have fun.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Thanks for all the information from everyone. Although I don't have a t2 (I've got a tracer vp and a carbine) they look promising to the true do it all bike.
    I just wanted to add my 2 cents about the 27.5 conversion. I bought a carbine 26" thinking it was close to the vp. Nope...so I eventually converted it to the 27.5 and I noticed an immediate improvement...obviously it changed the bike but compared to the 26 wheels it seems the larger wheels just don't get caught up in every nook and cranny on the climb. It was pretty amazing. I felt like I was climbing faster and not using as much body English to propel the bike. However on the dh it was very similar to the 26 but I felt they muted the trails a bit too much. Still very fun and flickable Thanks for all the posts and I almost want a t2 but my shocks won't convert over.

mtbr member
    Ride Report:
    If you are thinking about upgrading to 275, you should do it! I loved my T2 26" but the 27.5 has made a great bike even better with no noticeable bad differences. It is all good. I have about 35-40 hrs on it and a bunch the past two weeks on my local trails so the comparison is real. It rolls over chatter so much easier, no hang ups at all. Rolls through big rock gardens both up & down without a care in the world. It even seems faster on the dh not to mention holding a line a bit more easily. I haven't noticed any difference on steep climbs or switchbacks and here in central VT, we have a lot of both. For the money it was a no brainer and feels like a new bike. Go For It if you can!

mtbr member
    Right on Pure, glad to see there are others that are as stoked on their conversion as much as I am. I have taken it on on everything from mellow XC to light DH and some techy skills type riding on boulders/logs and it seems to handle everything really well

Just packing up now for 4 days of trail riding up at the cabin - can't wait.

Ride on!

GOD SPEED # 58 RIP
    You're quick... I'm still struggling with the picture attachment interface.
    But.....
    Holy Land of Mountain bike. Israel it is off the wazzu .......Now I've to convince my wife and kids we need to go to Israel.

Awesome trail really epic!And to think what may have walk these trail a few thousand years ago??? It blows my mind.

Keep the rubber Upside Down brotha
    GOD SPEED # 58 YOU'LL BE MISSED

GOD SPEED # 58 RIP
    Right on Pure, glad to see there are others that are as stoked on their conversion as much as I am. I have taken it on on everything from mellow XC to light DH and some techy skills type riding on boulders/logs and it seems to handle everything really well

Just packing up now for 4 days of trail riding up at the cabin - can't wait.

Ride on!
    Timbo what's Up? Have fun up in the cabin give M a shout one of these days and lets go ride. Peace !!!!
    GOD SPEED # 58 YOU'LL BE MISSED

mtbr member
    Just for reference - the new 650b WTB Vigilante 2.3 tires are TOO BIG and will not work with a T2 conversion. Ask me how I know.....

mtbr member
    I have been using them all season and haven't had a problem. I think I like them better than trail kings! They are a real pain to mount on the Arch EX rim.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure View Post
    I have been using them all season and haven't had a problem. I think I like them better than trail kings! They are a real pain to mount on the Arch EX rim.
    I got them mounted up nicely on Flow EX's, but I can't even roll the back wheel because of rubbing on the lower rear arch. How can that be? Did you do anything different in your dropout conversion?

I'm bummed because they look like great tires.

PROJECT:  Tracer 2 converted to 650b-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Mine fit fine. 2.35 Vigilantes, which I really like a lot. I'm on the original rear triangle with the Carbine 650b drop out. I'd post a pic but the MTBR uploader is a piece of crap and I don't have the time to resize.

mtbr member
    That's pretty odd since it sounds like we have the same setup - glad they work for you though. Maybe different wheels or something?

Oh well, Anyone want to buy a pair of heavily discounted Vigilantes ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

PROJECT: Tracer 2 converted to 650b

Hi, just want to share mi T2 conversion, hope U like it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by David Acosta View Post
    Hi, just want to share mi T2 conversion, hope U like it.
    Right on, looks great. I hope you dig it as much as I do

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have a conversion dropouts and brake adaptor(s) set available for sale. Two drive side dropouts, one non drive side dropout plus both the 160mm and 180mm brake adaptors. 142x12 through axle only. $150 shipped within North America. Hit me up with a PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SRALPH View Post
    I have a conversion dropouts and brake adaptor(s) set available for sale. Two drive side dropouts, one non drive side dropout plus both the 160mm and 180mm brake adaptors. 142x12 through axle only. $150 shipped within North America. Hit me up with a PM.
    PM sent. Thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast