Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Preproduction Uzzi eye candy

2009 Uzzi set up in trail mode
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I've already put a deposit down last week at my local dealer I was trying to decide between the Tracer or the Uzzi, but my decision has been made.

the refurbished one
    jeff do you already have the numbers for the upcoming XL frame?
    Sokrates is dead, Galilei is dead, Newton is dead, Einstein is dead, Pantani is dead and i am feeling sick too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Mr Intense, are the silver links and drop out going to be an option? or just a pre-production item.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Looking goof Jeff..
    when will the final product be relesed?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sticarl
    Mr Intense, are the silver links and drop out going to be an option? or just a pre-production item.
    Those links are just raw machined finish , most likely stock production will be the black ano & maybe we will do a special edition with the Electroless Nickel links.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hball
    jeff do you already have the numbers for the upcoming XL frame?
    HB,effective TT on XL will be 25" , the WB w/ 160 fork in the short drop out setting would be in the 46.5" range and increase @ 1/4" increments in middle & long settings & of coarse WB will grow with longer forks.I will have a full geometry chart soon as the adjustability of this frame allows many combinations of HA, BB, WB/CS.
    The BB has a machined in ISCG 05 mount so mates up perfectly with the HS.

the refurbished one
    Quote Originally Posted by mr intense
    HB,effective TT on XL will be 25" , the WB w/ 160 fork in the short drop out setting would be in the 46.5" range and increase @ 1/4" increments in middle & long settings & of coarse WB will grow with longer forks.I will have a full geometry chart soon as the adjustability of this frame allows many combinations of HA, BB, WB/CS.
    The BB has a machined in ISCG 05 mount so mates up perfectly with the HS.
    thanks!
    can you tell seattube and headtube length too?

cheers
    Sokrates is dead, Galilei is dead, Newton is dead, Einstein is dead, Pantani is dead and i am feeling sick too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Good god that is gorgeous!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    each shot is getting better and better...the new line up is shaping up very well...
    you must be very proud...

mtbr member
    Jeff, What build kits will be available for the New Uzzi?- From Intense. What kind of wheel sets would your DH/FR kits have? The Uzzi is looking very good. Thanks.
    2011 Santa Cruz TallBoy carbon & 2013 TallBoy LT carbon - S/C All the Time !!!

mtbr member

Whats the $$$

Whats the msrp $$$ for the Uzzi?? shock size?? custom color options??

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

so, how much this build weigh?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mr intense
    Those links are just raw machined finish , most likely stock production will be the black ano & maybe we will do a special edition with the Electroless Nickel links.
    Please do a special edition in red. That color looks so great, I have seen one of Your prototypes with red links and dropouts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by amnonis
    almost 32 lbs

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    anoyne know frame weight on its own with the Air can on ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sticarl
    I've already put a deposit down last week at my local dealer I was trying to decide between the Tracer or the Uzzi, but my decision has been made.
    I had the same dilema and also went with the UZZI. Now its sit back and wait.....

Ideas Above My Station...
    Weirdest thing is, the intense red / yellow graphics on the tires have changed to Blue, which is exactly what happened when fiddling with different colours in photoshop changing the colour balance - (when i wanted to see what works blue would look like when all i had was a pic of a works red......?)

With all due respect, is this GENUINELY a photo of a works blue Uzzi? And if so, where can i get those intense tires with blue graphics? They look cool!!
    Its All Downhill From Here....!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange-Goblin
    Weirdest thing is, the intense red / yellow graphics on the tires have changed to Blue, which is exactly what happened when fiddling with different colours in photoshop changing the colour balance - (when i wanted to see what works blue would look like when all i had was a pic of a works red......?)

With all due respect, is this GENUINELY a photo of a works blue Uzzi? And if so, where can i get those intense tires with blue graphics? They look cool!!
    The tires are some prototype 2.35's with dual compound and a new lighter casing .

Ideas Above My Station...
    Ahhhh-nice. And theres me getting all suspicious!!! Thanks for the feedback!

Are they going to production at all? (With the cool blue graphics?)

I love the look of this bike so much, i think you've nailed the look of the '08/'09 range, and i think this Uzzi might just be the next bike for me. I currently ride an '08 SS and have started to do more and more trail / DH riding, and am thinking the extra travel would be great. What are main differences/benefits over the SS (Besides new better VPP)?

Huge thanks for the feedback. J
    Its All Downhill From Here....!

Underweight Rider
    Mr.Intense, any rear flex issues runnin those XT-776 wheelsets(Intense seems to run them quite a lot on other prototypes) as the rear are QRs.

mtbr member
    Jeff, Build kits? For the New Uzzi DH/FR and XC what will you guys offer-Intense Factory build Kits and what will be in the kits? Thanks
    2011 Santa Cruz TallBoy carbon & 2013 TallBoy LT carbon - S/C All the Time !!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Jeff, how is the monarch shock working with a longer travel frame like uzzi?

rain rain go away...
    when i'm looking at that bike I'm seeing a strong, very capable frame on xc parts. seems like jeff made a mistake of grabbing the Uzzi frame when he meant to really reach for the Tracer.

what's with the seat post? i thought this frame can take a seat post slammed all the way down.
    Last edited by peachy-B; 01-05-2009 at 05:15 AM.

mtbr member
    I predict the new bike will be called "Uzzi"

Do I win a free one?

*crosses fingers REAL HARD*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast