Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mr intense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    578

    Preproduction Uzzi eye candy

    2009 Uzzi set up in trail mode
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    146
    I've already put a deposit down last week at my local dealer I was trying to decide between the Tracer or the Uzzi, but my decision has been made.

  3. #3
    the refurbished one
    Reputation: hball's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    703
    jeff do you already have the numbers for the upcoming XL frame?
    Sokrates is dead, Galilei is dead, Newton is dead, Einstein is dead, Pantani is dead and i am feeling sick too.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    146
    Mr Intense, are the silver links and drop out going to be an option? or just a pre-production item.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    12
    Looking goof Jeff..
    when will the final product be relesed?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mr intense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by sticarl
    Mr Intense, are the silver links and drop out going to be an option? or just a pre-production item.
    Those links are just raw machined finish , most likely stock production will be the black ano & maybe we will do a special edition with the Electroless Nickel links.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mr intense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by hball
    jeff do you already have the numbers for the upcoming XL frame?
    HB,effective TT on XL will be 25" , the WB w/ 160 fork in the short drop out setting would be in the 46.5" range and increase @ 1/4" increments in middle & long settings & of coarse WB will grow with longer forks.I will have a full geometry chart soon as the adjustability of this frame allows many combinations of HA, BB, WB/CS.
    The BB has a machined in ISCG 05 mount so mates up perfectly with the HS.

  8. #8
    the refurbished one
    Reputation: hball's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by mr intense
    HB,effective TT on XL will be 25" , the WB w/ 160 fork in the short drop out setting would be in the 46.5" range and increase @ 1/4" increments in middle & long settings & of coarse WB will grow with longer forks.I will have a full geometry chart soon as the adjustability of this frame allows many combinations of HA, BB, WB/CS.
    The BB has a machined in ISCG 05 mount so mates up perfectly with the HS.
    thanks!
    can you tell seattube and headtube length too?

    cheers
    Sokrates is dead, Galilei is dead, Newton is dead, Einstein is dead, Pantani is dead and i am feeling sick too.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,816
    Good god that is gorgeous!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    209
    each shot is getting better and better...the new line up is shaping up very well...
    you must be very proud...

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JohnnyG 1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    777
    Jeff, What build kits will be available for the New Uzzi?- From Intense. What kind of wheel sets would your DH/FR kits have? The Uzzi is looking very good. Thanks.
    2011 Santa Cruz TallBoy carbon & 2013 TallBoy LT carbon - S/C All the Time !!!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Downhilldoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    243

    Whats the $$$

    Whats the msrp $$$ for the Uzzi?? shock size?? custom color options??

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    16

    so, how much this build weigh?

    so, how much this build weigh?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by mr intense
    Those links are just raw machined finish , most likely stock production will be the black ano & maybe we will do a special edition with the Electroless Nickel links.
    Please do a special edition in red. That color looks so great, I have seen one of Your prototypes with red links and dropouts.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: giap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by amnonis
    so, how much this build weigh?
    almost 32 lbs

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    176
    anoyne know frame weight on its own with the Air can on ?

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikesinmud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by sticarl
    I've already put a deposit down last week at my local dealer I was trying to decide between the Tracer or the Uzzi, but my decision has been made.
    I had the same dilema and also went with the UZZI. Now its sit back and wait.....

  18. #18
    Ideas Above My Station...
    Reputation: Orange-Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,506
    Weirdest thing is, the intense red / yellow graphics on the tires have changed to Blue, which is exactly what happened when fiddling with different colours in photoshop changing the colour balance - (when i wanted to see what works blue would look like when all i had was a pic of a works red......?)

    With all due respect, is this GENUINELY a photo of a works blue Uzzi? And if so, where can i get those intense tires with blue graphics? They look cool!!
    Its All Downhill From Here....!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mr intense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange-Goblin
    Weirdest thing is, the intense red / yellow graphics on the tires have changed to Blue, which is exactly what happened when fiddling with different colours in photoshop changing the colour balance - (when i wanted to see what works blue would look like when all i had was a pic of a works red......?)

    With all due respect, is this GENUINELY a photo of a works blue Uzzi? And if so, where can i get those intense tires with blue graphics? They look cool!!
    The tires are some prototype 2.35's with dual compound and a new lighter casing .

  20. #20
    Ideas Above My Station...
    Reputation: Orange-Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,506
    Ahhhh-nice. And theres me getting all suspicious!!! Thanks for the feedback!

    Are they going to production at all? (With the cool blue graphics?)

    I love the look of this bike so much, i think you've nailed the look of the '08/'09 range, and i think this Uzzi might just be the next bike for me. I currently ride an '08 SS and have started to do more and more trail / DH riding, and am thinking the extra travel would be great. What are main differences/benefits over the SS (Besides new better VPP)?

    Huge thanks for the feedback. J
    Its All Downhill From Here....!

  21. #21
    Underweight Rider
    Reputation: AznRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    439
    Mr.Intense, any rear flex issues runnin those XT-776 wheelsets(Intense seems to run them quite a lot on other prototypes) as the rear are QRs.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JohnnyG 1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    777
    Jeff, Build kits? For the New Uzzi DH/FR and XC what will you guys offer-Intense Factory build Kits and what will be in the kits? Thanks
    2011 Santa Cruz TallBoy carbon & 2013 TallBoy LT carbon - S/C All the Time !!!

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    94
    Jeff, how is the monarch shock working with a longer travel frame like uzzi?

  24. #24
    rain rain go away...
    Reputation: peachy-B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,195
    when i'm looking at that bike I'm seeing a strong, very capable frame on xc parts. seems like jeff made a mistake of grabbing the Uzzi frame when he meant to really reach for the Tracer.

    what's with the seat post? i thought this frame can take a seat post slammed all the way down.
    Last edited by peachy-B; 01-05-2009 at 05:15 AM.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: honourablegeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    871
    I predict the new bike will be called "Uzzi"

    Do I win a free one?

    *crosses fingers REAL HARD*

  26. #26
    Ideas Above My Station...
    Reputation: Orange-Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy-B
    when i'm looking at that bike I'm seeing a strong, very capable frame on xc parts. seems like jeff made a mistake of grabbing the Uzzi frame when he meant to really reach for the Tracer.

    what's with the seat post? i thought this frame can take a seat post slammed all the way down.
    The point in the dropper is that you can drop it when you need to for descents, but flick it back up easily for climbing, this being a capable FR/Trail bike means you get the best of both worlds.
    I think that building it like this shows, that it can have a relitively lightweight build if need be, but theres a Fox 36 on there, wouldn't call that XC, and the XT parts and wheels are great FR/Trail equipment. With the tracer, this is the heaviest you'd wanna build it, but the Uzzi will take a far beefier build to take it to freeride heaven, Totems, DHX/Vivid etc, whereas the tracer is not suited to that.

    Showing this build without a Freeride/DH build does confuse the crossover with the Tracer a bit, but they are definitely different bikes for different purposes!
    Its All Downhill From Here....!

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tkblazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange-Goblin
    The point in the dropper is that you can drop it when you need to for descents, but flick it back up easily for climbing, this being a capable FR/Trail bike means you get the best of both worlds.
    I think that building it like this shows, that it can have a relitively lightweight build if need be, but theres a Fox 36 on there, wouldn't call that XC, and the XT parts and wheels are great FR/Trail equipment. With the tracer, this is the heaviest you'd wanna build it, but the Uzzi will take a far beefier build to take it to freeride heaven, Totems, DHX/Vivid etc, whereas the tracer is not suited to that.

    Showing this build without a Freeride/DH build does confuse the crossover with the Tracer a bit, but they are definitely different bikes for different purposes!
    alll great points, plus the geo of the uzzi is a lot more in tune with aggressive downhill riding that some of us prefer. i was looking at getting a tracer at first but would have to run an external headset and even than the HA would be about 67*. with the uzzi you can run a flush headset and get the 67* or run the rear DO in slack mode for 66.5* like the ss. plus the ability to run a 7" fork and the adjustable dropouts is a huge plus

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Burak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    267
    I'm lost between the SS and now the New UZZI.
    They seems to do exactly the same and they have the ability to practice enduro and freeride. Now what will direct my choice to one or to the other !!!! ????

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tkblazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,425
    imo i think the uzzi is more all around since it will have a longer seat tube so you don't have to run a long seat post in order to get full leg extension for climbing... plus the vpp2 rides better

  30. #30
    Ideas Above My Station...
    Reputation: Orange-Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,506
    My thinking is that the SS has a shorter top tube, lower BB, Slacker HA, older VPP version, Lower standover, shorter chainstays (I think!?).
    The uzzi is probably a better Freeride biased trail bike whereas the SS is more biased to short DH, Jumping and ariel trickery i think, although i love mine for most things, and its my only bike.
    I'd possibly be interested in an Uzzi, and hoped Jeff would be able to confirm / answer my earlier question -
    "I currently ride an '08 SS and have started to do more and more trail / DH riding, and am thinking the extra travel would be great. What are main differences/benefits over the SS (Besides new better VPP)?"

    Be good to know where the crossover with the slopestyle is. I love my SS and am loath to risk anything else if i'm not sure its going to be better - if it ain't broke!!!
    Its All Downhill From Here....!

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    47
    i think the new Uzzi will have the same low BB and the same slack HA as the SS when mounted in the lowest position but the benefit (in my opinion) is the top tube.
    i considered buying an SS for a bit trail riding but the TT was to short for me in Medium whereas the Large would be to long. the medium Uzzi's TT would be great for my demands..

  32. #32
    on a routine expedition
    Reputation: Marshall Willanholly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,568
    I was pretty set on getting a Slopestyle for my next trail bike as I really like the slack HA and low BB. This thread has got me thinking about going for an Uzzi instead. One concern I have is the BB height. I know it's listed at 14" with the dropouts in the middle position, but the specs on my old Uzzi said 14.125", and with the 170mm fork I had on it, the BB was closer to 14.75". Too tall for me (and many others, based on the new dropouts thread).

    My plan would be to set it up with a Lyrik in front, zero stack HS, and keep the travel in the shorter setting. I'd probably run Maxxis 2.5s and hope the larger tires don't bump up the BB too much. Are the Intense tires on the protos small for a 2.35?

    Decisions, decisions...

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tkblazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,425
    eric, i've seen you lurking in the uzzi threads so i knew this bike has piqued your interest. i have ridden just about every proto uzzi that was built and i can tell you that the bb is legit at 14" with a 180mm fork. i'd clipped the pedals a few times leaning into turns and it feels dialed geometry wise. the intense 2.35s are fat! they measure the casing width, not the knobs like other brands.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtnbikerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,231

    Jeff, Jeff, Jeff .....

    This is just building bikes not creating "Art pieces" fer Chrissakes, you have to stop this!
    Esq, you got the order in for my works red Uzzi, right?
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    475
    Really like the new uzzi, but is hitting the lower link a concern? It appears to drop below the bash ring.

  36. #36
    外国人
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    400
    any pics of the new uzzi being hucked?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •