Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,480

    Paging Drumstix...

    Where are the pics of that new 6.6?
    Nothing to see here.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drumstix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,291
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Where are the pics of that new 6.6?

    Funny, I live about 60 miles from Intense yet the frame is traveling about 6000 miles to get here. Im guessing that I will see it sometime this week, remember that the first part of its journy through up-State Maine will come by covered wagon.
    Yamaha & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

  3. #3
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,480
    So.......................................pics yet?

    or did Esquire use the wrong zip on your package too? (j/k esq.)
    Nothing to see here.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtnbikerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,231
    remember that the first part of its journy through up-State Maine will come by covered wagon

    What! You city guys all have the same image of Maine! The big stuff is a b!tch to fit on the dog sledge for the first part of the trip, but we put that long haul stuff on the train now. Covered wagons, HAH!
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drumstix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,291
    Yeah, and its harder to reach esquire this time of the year, I guess its not his fault, I would hate to half to climb up a pole to use the phone too in the winter!
    Yamaha & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: esquire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,653

    Uh oh...

    I've got "Delivered on 1/10/06" on the tracking. Drop me an email.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtnbikerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,231

    Omg

    Esquire -- you told me my frame would take until spring to get! And it's here already; small, 6.6 -- and I thought you were BS me. I got it built up already with the '03 Psylo and my old biopace crankset. I was sure Drumstix would get his first but gee whiz, thanks (and no bill either -- yer such a good bud)




    Not funny???
    Last edited by mtnbikerx; 01-17-2006 at 07:53 PM.
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,559
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerx
    Esquire -- you told me my frame would take until spring to get! And it's here already; small, 6.6 -- and I thought you were BS me. I got it built up already with the '03 Psylo and my old biopace crankset. I was sure Drumstix would get his first but gee whiz, thanks (and no bill either -- yer such a good bud)
    Man you are making my day! If Esquire is as fast on my order as he's been on yours I think I'll have to drive down to Maine and kiss him in person! Ho well, maybe I shouldn't say that, he might be afraid that I do kiss him and cancel my order! hahaha

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drumstix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,291
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerx
    Esquire -- you told me my frame would take until spring to get! And it's here already; small, 6.6 -- and I thought you were BS me. I got it built up already with the '03 Psylo and my old biopace crankset. I was sure Drumstix would get his first but gee whiz, thanks (and no bill either -- yer such a good bud)




    Not funny???

    Boy Im really starting to see the light now with esquire and his underground bike club. First it was the red clay and the general lee/mopar stickers left on the frame, then it was the Canadian customs stamps as it entered then left Canada with also what looked like Moose droppings under the bottom bracket and then I take some unknown fur found buy the rear dropout to the local lab and find out its from an elite team of Maine Mallamutes owned and operated by some grazy coot way up in the hills near the White Mtns!

    Still, yet the box says, "has not been dropped", Hmmm, rather funny wouldnt you say?
    LOL's
    Yamaha & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: esquire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,653

    Lets get one thing straight here........

    Quote Originally Posted by drumstix
    Boy Im really starting to see the light now with esquire and his underground bike club. First it was the red clay and the general lee/mopar stickers left on the frame, then it was the Canadian customs stamps as it entered then left Canada with also what looked like Moose droppings under the bottom bracket and then I take some unknown fur found buy the rear dropout to the local lab and find out its from an elite team of Maine Mallamutes owned and operated by some grazy coot way up in the hills near the White Mtns!

    Still, yet the box says, "has not been dropped", Hmmm, rather funny wouldnt you say?
    LOL's
    I have to disagree with your post, we didn't write "has not been dropped" on the box. We are a lot of things, but we don't lie.....

    Seriously, I have the signed slip from Fed Ex that the frame was delivered. Can't read the hen scratchings though.

  11. #11
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,480
    hey, I took all the stickers off except for the 01. I thought it looked good on there.
    Nothing to see here.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerx
    Esquire -- you told me my frame would take until spring to get! And it's here already; small, 6.6 -- and I thought you were BS me. I got it built up already with the '03 Psylo and my old biopace crankset. I was sure Drumstix would get his first but gee whiz, thanks (and no bill either -- yer such a good bud)




    Not funny???
    Can I see a pis of that baby? How tall are you?

    Thanks,

  13. #13
    Just another FOC'er
    Reputation: .Danno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,222
    Quote Originally Posted by FastTimes
    Can I see a pis of that baby? How tall are you?

    Thanks,
    He's just screwing with drumstix, he rides a large VPX

    Drumstix, what's the word?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drumstix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,291
    Quote Originally Posted by .Danno.
    He's just screwing with drumstix, he rides a large VPX

    Drumstix, what's the word?

    Well bro, Ive been so "flip-floppy" about this frame, more so than anyother frame Ive had. I question its geometry, then I question its size and then I question its abilities. I have had it in the garage now for 2 weeks and its still in the box! I guess I will build it up for the heck of it. My friend has had his now for several weeks and just yesterday after lots of adjustment changes, he now really likes it.
    Yamaha & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

  15. #15
    Just another FOC'er
    Reputation: .Danno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,222
    Quote Originally Posted by drumstix
    Well bro, Ive been so "flip-floppy" about this frame, more so than anyother frame Ive had. I question its geometry, then I question its size and then I question its abilities. I have had it in the garage now for 2 weeks and its still in the box! I guess I will build it up for the heck of it. My friend has had his now for several weeks and just yesterday after lots of adjustment changes, he now really likes it.
    I know the feeling man! I agonize over the size and geo of every frame I buy, even some I'm only remotely thinking of buying. I do love the way the Pack turned out though, except in the super steep stuff, but of course a Marz 66 would fix that

    A friend I ride with a lot has the 6.6 #1 on his list of next bikes. Last weekend a group of us rode "Ted William's" down in Poway. Beyond Bikes is right there so we stopped in to check out the bikes. Tons of Intense frames. My friend spent quite a bit of time fondling a small 6.6. Beautiful bike.

    BTW, I'm surprised how slack the 6.6 looks in esku's pics So just how different is the 6.6 from the Uzzi?




    small voice: pssst, don't forget about the Nomad

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drumstix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,291
    Quote Originally Posted by .Danno.
    I know the feeling man! I agonize over the size and geo of every frame I buy, even some I'm only remotely thinking of buying. I do love the way the Pack turned out though, except in the super steep stuff, but of course a Marz 66 would fix that

    A friend I ride with a lot has the 6.6 #1 on his list of next bikes. Last weekend a group of us rode "Ted William's" down in Poway. Beyond Bikes is right there so we stopped in to check out the bikes. Tons of Intense frames. My friend spent quite a bit of time fondling a small 6.6. Beautiful bike.

    BTW, I'm surprised how slack the 6.6 looks in esku's pics So just how different is the 6.6 from the Uzzi?




    small voice: pssst, don't forget about the Nomad


    I just might know of a "clean one owner hardly ridden, actually never ridden small 6.6"


    BTW, how does your bud like the 66 lite on the IH 7point7?

    I think from other posts that a 66SL would be just too sweet on your Packster!
    Yamaha & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

  17. #17
    Just another FOC'er
    Reputation: .Danno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,222
    Quote Originally Posted by drumstix
    I just might know of a "clean one owner hardly ridden, actually never ridden small 6.6"


    BTW, how does your bud like the 66 lite on the IH 7point7?

    I think from other posts that a 66SL would be just too sweet on your Packster!
    He loves the fork! He uses that bike for everything now including the Fontucky race series. He'll be up there this coming weekend racing it again. I may try and make it up there too, but I've got a killer flu right now that's completely zapped me.

    Do you really think the small is gonna be too small? That medium I rode felt really good and I'm 5'11". He had a 7" Boxxer on it with the Romic integrated stem, and the stem was probably around 50mm. I know I wouldn't like the feel with any more than 68 degree HA though. With that much rear travel it's gotta be 68 or less for anything steep or it just gets too twitchy for me.

    I'd really like to try one out with front and rear coils, especially if it had a CCDB on it Hey aapBLING72, are you ready to move on from teh 6.6 yet?

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •