mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Offset bushings with DB Coil on Tracer 2?

Anyone tried or know if it will work?

Thanks
    Last edited by JimEG; 01-26-2013 at 07:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Have a search for this topic or contact intense.

An off set head set will be better. I have read that the offset bushes change the sag point and it doesn't pedal as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by big bear View Post
    Have a search for this topic or contact intense.

An off set head set will be better. I have read that the offset bushes change the sag point and it doesn't pedal as well.
    I've tried search, and I have an email in to Intense.

I am already running a -1.5 headset with 556 AC fork. This combination came out at 65.8 HA and a 14.25 BB. I am surprised it did not come out slacker. And it is too tall now as well. Both tires are the same size.

I'd like to run one or two off set bushings to get the HA at 65 degrees and the BB closer to 13.5.

I'm not too concerned with a compromise in the pedaling department - I am intending to run a coil and this frame is already pretty porky to begin with. The down hill part is the priority.

Anyone else? Or, offset bushings with any coil shock for that matter. I've already tested the RC4 and a Marzocchi WC and they will not work.

Thanks
    Last edited by JimEG; 01-27-2013 at 09:23 PM.

mtbr member
    I know it's not a Tracer but I've just put some offset bushes on my 6.6 and am really pleased with the outcome. Slackened HA by 2 degrees and dropped BB by 1/2".