mtbr member

Now that the grease gun issue is resolved,,,

I have a more important (at least to me, I have my grease gun ) question. When running the cable housing for the front derailleur are you running it from the rear stop, through the upper link and into the seat tube cable stop or did you go up and around the upper link?

I went through the link for now, clearance seems ok and it looked like I would have a more severe bend in the cable going up and over. Just curious what everyone else is doing and perhaps what Intense recommends.

mtbr member
    i called the guys at rbike and they told me they told you how to run the cable housing. stop hiding behind your keyboard, stop being a tool and become a stand up guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    i called the guys at rbike and they told me they told you how to run the cable housing. stop hiding behind your keyboard, stop being a tool and become a stand up guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, thanks for the help qbert2000 (although I think that's not your real name)

ride
    I ran mine up over the link. It's quite a bend but has been friction free so far. There's also clearance to run thru the link. I've set them up both ways. Most of the pics from Intense show the cable going thru the link.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    I am running mine the same.- Over the link. NO problems with it so far.
    2011 Santa Cruz TallBoy carbon & 2013 TallBoy LT carbon - S/C All the Time !!!

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, through the link feels smooth I'll just watch for any rubbing.

suspension whore
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000

LOL.....LOL....LOL...WIPE AWAY TEARS....
    Intense 6.6..... Demo 9.

Mammoth MTN downhilling - check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb_m_pb0Ns0

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i'm running mine inside the link with a nokon housing and it clears a hairline. no rubbing between the link and the cable housing. no movement at all.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    The demo bike I borrowed had it running inside the linkage. It kept getting trapped between the linkage and frame though and the cable outer has worn through quite a bit.

I will run mine over the link when it arrives