Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Uzzi protos

mtbr member

New Uzzi protos

This is the latest Uzzi prototype (P3) shown with a coil & air shock. I built this one up with the Fox 36 so I could get some trail riding in on it.
    Travel is 6.75" and 7.5" with the adjustable travel link.
    Also on this one is the three way adjustable drop out that has three location adjustments at 1/4" change in chainstay lenght & BB height.Adds a bit of weight but makes the bike more versatile and that is what I am going for these days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Three way adjustable drop out system. Changes are made by moving bottom CR bolt to one of three holes, top bolt pivots. Would be avail in 150 or 135mm.

mtbr member
    We have been riding P2 with a custom valved RS Monach in a AM build and also with the Totum & coil.
    the Uzzi uses the new gen VPP 2 like the new Tracer vp and climbs as well as the Tracer but is a whole different animal when you point it down or get in the rough stuff.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Work of art Jeff, lovely bit of kit!

mtbr member
    Looks great, what are you looking at for frame weight with coil and/or air?

mtbr member
    Love the adjustable dropouts. Beautiful bike. what are the angles on version 3?

mtbr member
    In the middle setting on the adjustable DO with the Fox 36 HA is@67 and BB@ 14" and CS@17.25
    +or- 1/2 degree or 1/4" in CS and BB in long and short settings.
    Totom 180 HA is@66 and BB@14 1/4".
    Again changing the travel does not affect the numbers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I hate the look of the Uzzi recently until I saw this one, GORGEOUS.
    I am really becoming a fan of Intense.
    Great Job
    Is there a timeframe for release of these?
    RUFUSPHOTO
    Action Sports Freelance Photographer
    www.ryancathrall.com

mtbr member
    Damn those look good.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

legal alien
    Jun 2007

Bent Downtube- Why?

Why is there a bend in the down tube near where it meets the BB area? I don't think any of the other protos had it. Is it functional or just for looks?

Edit: I think I see why it's there. It looks like a change that was made for this version was to provide more clearance for the shock so I'm guessing that the bend was needed given the angle of the down tube? At any rate, the bike looks fantastic.
    Last edited by Resident Alien; 11-26-2008 at 08:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Alien
    Why is there a bend in the down tube near where it meets the BB area? I don't think any of the other protos had it. Is it functional or just for looks?

Edit: I think I see why it's there. It looks like a change that was made for this version was to provide more clearance for the shock so I'm guessing that the bend was needed given the angle of the down tube? At any rate, the bike looks fantastic.
    You are correct as I did not want to put a hump in the top tube to get more clearance for the shock. The production tube will have less of a bend as I made up this tube in the shop and went a little to far.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rufusdesign
    I hate the look of the Uzzi recently until I saw this one, GORGEOUS.
    I am really becoming a fan of Intense.
    Great Job
    Is there a timeframe for release of these?
    Production is scheduled for January so delivery in Feb 2009.
    Next proto I build will be a pre production model as I am pretty happy with the results so far.

Fragilie
    Looks like my not yet built Highline might be short lived . I'm really diggin P3, geo sounds perfect.
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Wow P3 is amazing. Good work. Any planned changes for the socom? Just asking...

mtbr member
    I like the direction you're going with the P3 version especially with regards to the adjustable geometry. With that said do you think you will incorporate the same adjustable dropouts on future Socom and M6 frames?

Last and most importantly, keep up the good work!!

mtbr member
    Sick.

This bike will be replacing my beefed up 05 Enduro. Now my trimmed down 5.5 will have a worthy stable-mate. Only questions are when, how much and what color!?! Until then, I'll be glued to this forum as to when orders can start being made.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Maybe too early to answer this, but...

Any idea what the shock length/stroke will be? It would be sweet if the Evolver ISX-6 I already own would fit this thing.

As I look at the P2/P3 versions, I have a hard time knowing which sounds better to me. My current bike has a 150mm thru-axle rear end on it, and it is SOLID, but I'm trying to end up with a slimmed-down, more "trailbike" type ride. Probably 135mm rear is all I need. Maybe 135 with a thru-axle or bolt-on hub....

mtbr member
    ahhhh crap i was all sold on a tracer and now i think i'm back to the uzzi

Lopen is sneller....
    Oct 2003
    Just cancelled my Tracer order. It found a new owner before I could ask if it was possible at all to cancel my order...

Have now ordered the Uzzi instead as it is probably more my kind of bike. I like it that it has moved slightly more towards the Enduro class of bikes...at least that is what it looks like to me... Frame looks not half as burly as my current VPX which I love but some times find a bit sluggish and too heavy up the long climbs. It looks more nimble then the current Uzzi but still big enough to handle the rough stuff.

Fragilie
    Quote Originally Posted by bridog
    Maybe too early to answer this, but...

Any idea what the shock length/stroke will be? It would be sweet if the Evolver ISX-6 I already own would fit this thing.

As I look at the P2/P3 versions, I have a hard time knowing which sounds better to me. My current bike has a 150mm thru-axle rear end on it, and it is SOLID, but I'm trying to end up with a slimmed-down, more "trailbike" type ride. Probably 135mm rear is all I need. Maybe 135 with a thru-axle or bolt-on hub....
    Sounds like you'd be better off on a Tracer. I would like to think the Uzzi will be geared more towards the freeride/dh guys utilizing a 150mm rear spacing and hopefully at least a 73mm bottom bracket.
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

Botox User
    Aug 2008
    Looks sweet jeff! btw, I'm loving my Tracer but i'm eyeing this one... haha
    09 Tracer VP - "wtf, am I hovering?"

NOJ
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Size Large Spec's...

Just awesome. The bike a lot of people have been waiting for.

One question: Seat tube length on the large. How long? Hoping for 19", so us 6 footers
    with 33+ inseams can run our gravity dropper posts for the climbs...

suspension whore
    hello my next bike.

Happy thanksgiving jeff... Is this the shck mount configuration you have decided on? Not on the Top tube any more?
    Has shock size been decided yet?
    Intense 6.6..... Demo 9.

Mammoth MTN downhilling - check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb_m_pb0Ns0

legal alien
    Jun 2007

Question About the Drop-Outs

The adjustable drop-outs are a very cool idea. That said, do the adjustable drop-outs + the additional holes in the metal compromise lateral stiffness? I'm sure you guys are doing FEA analysis and will do what is needed to mitigate this, but I thought to ask since I'm curious if they do and to what extent. Also, will a maxle-specific rear be an option?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Great GEO....
    I like the looks of the P3 also.
    Question about TT sizing.
    Will the L be somehow larger than regular (meaning ST around 19-ish) and eTT around 24.5 to 25-ish.
    Or will there also be a XL?
    Us 190-ish CM large riders would like to know

Quote Originally Posted by mr intense
    In the middle setting on the adjustable DO with the Fox 36 HA is@67 and BB@ 14" and CS@17.25
    +or- 1/2 degree or 1/4" in CS and BB in long and short settings.
    Totom 180 HA is@66 and BB@14 1/4".
    Again changing the travel does not affect the numbers.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast