mtbr member
    Dec 2009

New lower link for old uzzi y.2010 ?

Will this :

Intense Cycles Lower Box Link - For Alloy Bikes - Fanatik Bike Co. - Bellingham Wa fit in my old frame (y.2010) .

I have new swingarm and I could love this frame but troubles with lower link make me crazy!

I see to 2 problems with this new bearing system in my frame:
    1) how to grease bearings but I could make new grease ports in a frame (2x) and swingarm (2x);
    2) how to remove old bearing. These round plates Intense Cycles Lower Main Pivot Bolt Kit - Cup & Cone For Alloy Bikes - Fanatik Bike Co. - Bellingham Wa cover channels for removal tools

Is this new bearing system worth it to spend so much money (180$ with shipping costs) ?

Sorry for my EN

topick

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    topick:

1) You can grease the bearings by removing the collet bolts (M6) and the locking collets and then back out the axles with an 8mm allen key. Once the axles are removed and the linkage is dropped out and side covers removed you can easily grease the bearings from the inside. I do this every few weeks when the bike gets really muddy or wet to clean up the pivots.

You could probably get the grease fittings from Intense through Fanatik and add them to your frame by having a machinist drill the holes and threading them for you. It's one port on the frame and one on the swingarm. You can get the fittings here too:

Zerk Fittings / Grease Fittings

2) Once you remove the old linkage and bolts you can use a bearing puller tool (BEARING TOOLS FROM REAL WORLD CYCLING) or just hammer the old bearings out with a drift (punch). The new bearings should be inserted with a press tool but I've done it carefully with a vise and hardwood blocks.

Call or email the guys at Fanatik, they know what parts you need for the 2010 Uzzi.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I see that I dont understand how to install new link and how it work:|

these plates
    Intense Cycles Lower Main Pivot Bolt Kit - Cup & Cone For Alloy Bikes - Fanatik Bike Co. - Bellingham Wa are installed outside bearings?

Are sure this link will fit to my Uzzi. Fanatiks are not sure...