Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Robin View Post
    Isn't the Tracer the same as other Intense frames for non stealth? Route the housing through the headtube which then comes out under the top tube and have to secure it with zip ties?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    I wondered about that route but am worried about using zip ties on my nice new shiny frame and also getting the hose caught in the linkage!

mtbr member
    Are you using a front derailleur? I routed my cable through that port, and only use a zip tie for the plastic guide. If you're concerned about the finish, get some clear bra scraps and apply it around the areas of concern. Also, I haven't had any problems with with mine getting caught in the linkage.

Extended:

Slammed:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Aha! I am running a front mech (soon to be removed) but have noticed that there's another set of external cable stops too..

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thanks btw!

WheelBanger
    Jun 2010
    I had a Stealth KS integra on my Carbine, when I switched to the T275c I didn't like how the dropper cable was run on the downtube. So I bought a KS with the external cable and used the front der. cable routing to keep things a little more stealth. Cable housing doesn't move and is quiet, I also replaced the bolts on the downtube with black boltheads to eliminate the shiny silver.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Intense T275 Carbon-dropper-post.jpg  

mtbr member
    That's how I'd ideally run mine, but it's hard to justify when my post works perfectly.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeboardorblade View Post
    I'd say the pike would be number 3, but I'm hesitant to really consider it because of the Charger issues. Not necessarily problems but issues. I haven't read a single report of someone preferring the Pike to the Stage yet, and I like the loooong service intervals of the Stage.

What did you like about the Pike over the 36?

what charger issues? im on pike #3 (first pike was one of the first on the trail) and zero complaints or issues.

mtbr member
    From talking with a few local buddies, the damper needs to be bled every few rides to really maintain its peak performance. It's easy to get used to the drop in performance, and having run coil for as long as I have, I think I would miss the simplicity and the consistency in performance.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hi Folks,

I've got a little budget build going on a 2014 Tracer 275 carbon and am pulling the XT brakes from my other bike (Devinci Spartan). On the Spartan, they were routed externally. I want to route them internally on the Tracer and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best way to do it without getting brake fluid everywhere. Will i need to replace the barb and olive?

Buildwise is going to look like the following:
    Frame: Tracer
    Fork: Pike
    Wheels: Stans/dt swiss 350
    Tires: Specialized Butcher (fr)/Specialized Purgatory (Rr)
    Brakes: XT (Spartan takeoff)
    Drivetrain: XT 11 speed
    Pedals: Chromag Contact
    Seatpost: Reverb 150mm (maybe 125m due to the taller seat tube)
    Saddle: WTB Volt
    Stem: RaceFace Atlas 35mm
    Bars: Chromag BZA carbon
    Grips: ODI Rogue

All in all i'm about $2k into the bike. Frame, fork, and wheels were used and I got awesome deals on them. Some parts came off of my Spartan and some are new.

I haven't sourced cranks yet. I got a set of carbon SRAM cranks from a friend, but it turns out they are bb30 and I don't have that.

Attached is a pic of it so far. (edited with new less fuzzy picture)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Intense T275 Carbon-20160729_134041.jpg  

Last edited by jojotherider; 08-01-2016 at 02:12 PM. Reason: picture was blurry

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Nice build you have going there. You will likely need a new olive and barb because you have to get the threaded fitting off of the hose to get the hose through the internal routing guides. The routing is easy as you just have to push the hose through the bottom hole by the BB and it will come out the front hole on the left side I believe. Then put the new olive and barb, dust cap and threaded fitting back on.

mtbr member
    Nice job jojo! Nothing wrong with buying a used bike on the cheap and riding the heck out of it. It's funny the bikes I've bought used off my buddies over the years I've almost had more fun riding them right away doing stupid stuff that I might not do on a brand new bike that I just put down huge coil over. I definitely ride them like I stole them showing little to no respect leading to lots of laughing and high fives, because of the silly shanagins. Can't wait to see it built up and get your ride report, the tracerC is one of my favorite bikes of all times.
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks guys. I haven't bought a new bike yet. There are always good deals to be had in the used market that it hasn't made sense. Nor have I had the money to buy new. I actually really really enjoyed my Spartan frame, but my buddy was selling the frame super cheap and I couldn't pass it up. My only worry is that its a size large. I typically ride a medium, but at 5'10" I can go either way. Figured it was worth a shot. I generally run a 50mm stem so I'm hoping the 35mm stem helps with fit. The difference in the reach measurement from my Spartan is 30mm, so it might work for me.

What are folks using for frame tape? Is there a good matte finish tape? I'd like to stay away from the glossy finish since the frame has a matte finish.

I'm really excited to throw a leg over this. The worst part is that I'm nursing a knee injury and won't get a chance to really flog it until this winter or next spring. I'm hoping to get some easy xc rides in this fall though. The build is my way of staying connected to the bike since I can't get out on the trails.

-joel

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Just finished building up a tracer palmer. Shake down ride tomorrow.

New Intense T275 Carbon-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    ^^ so sexy

Captain One Lung SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by wingerdinger View Post
    Just finished building up a tracer palmer. Shake down ride tomorrow.
    ]
    Very nice! A magic eraser is your best friend with that bike.

mtbr member
    That's some good advice, white mat finish must be always dirty. Well it is the Palmer edition after all

Captain One Lung SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    That's some good advice, white mat finish must be always dirty. Well it is the Palmer edition after all
    Good point! Hahaha

mtbr member
    I just bought invisiframe tape for my frame, fork and cranks. check them out. not cheap but well worth it! Bicycle Frame Protection | Invisiframe

I ordered this past thursday and it was delivered today!!! 3 days from the UK!

updated post with pics after the build and the install of the invisiframe tape. took quite a long time to do the tape but oh so worth it. this build also has the '16 Fox 34 internals installed on the '15 34 fork that came with the bike. no rides on it yet since I just built it up a couple of days ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Intense T275 Carbon-img_1363-1-.jpg  

New Intense T275 Carbon-img_1362.jpg  

New Intense T275 Carbon-img_1361.jpg  

New Intense T275 Carbon-img_1360.jpg  

New Intense T275 Carbon-img_1359.jpg  

Last edited by bigbird; 08-09-2016 at 09:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Make sure to post pictures once your done

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the advice. Still need to dial in a few things but new bikes are always fun.

Here's a photo from yesterday's ride.

WheelBanger
    Jun 2010
    Thanks for the advice. Still need to dial in a few things but new bikes are always fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	422.9 KB 
ID:	1085448
    That bike is sexier than you my friend.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	422.9 KB 
ID:	1085448
    Love that colorway
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesrider View Post
    That bike is sexier than you my friend.
    Yea, that's for sure. It has a zero stack lower headset cup with a 1.5 degree Angleset making the head angle 65. BB is at 13 3/8". Crown is at 37mm. Low and slack ftw.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I will definitely be getting a picture of my Tracer up here. It has been a labor of love to transform it from the '15 275C Foundation into the animal it is now. I'll wait until I have the new wheels to show up before I take fresh pics though. Only other plans I have for changes now are to go Fox 36 instead of the Pike. I love this bike!

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

Here is my '15 Tracer 275C Foundation as of today. The new wheels showed up today from prowheelbuilder, and they are incredible. Stan's Flow Mk3s with DTSwiss 240s hubs (plus black spokes and red nipples).

I also set it up tubless on the new wheels so I am excited to try that for the first time tomorrow. Plus, the stock Sun Inferno wheels were a fair amount narrower than these so the ride should feel much different, I think.

So far, the only stock item left is the Pike and headset.
    Last edited by cgdibble; 08-20-2016 at 02:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Looking good! What do you think of the X2? I went back and forth between that and the coil variety (I went coil).

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Looking good! What do you think of the X2? I went back and forth between that and the coil variety (I went coil).
    I absolutely love it. It is so smooth and dialed I forget about the damn thing. I really recommend it to folks with the tracer, it has been an incredible addition to the bike. The last thing will be a fox 36 and I am hoping it will make as big of an impact on the feel of the squish up front.

I take you did the fox dhx2 (the coil) then? How is it? The float is absolute butter even churning through rocks and all kinds of chop.

mtbr member
    The dhx2 is awesome as well. I've been very happy with it, though I've never known the bike with any other shock. The traction it generates really is incredible.

I'm tempted by the float or the Topaz, but I love the consistency, predictability, and not having to think about/carry a shock pump. Highly recommend as well.

Come winter I may send it to Bikeco or Avalanche for a JS/VPP tune.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    The dhx2 is awesome as well. I've been very happy with it, though I've never known the bike with any other shock. The traction it generates really is incredible.

I'm tempted by the float or the Topaz, but I love the consistency, predictability, and not having to think about/carry a shock pump. Highly recommend as well.

Come winter I may send it to Bikeco or Avalanche for a JS/VPP tune.
    For what its worth, the shock pump has sat at home since the dialing in. It is just a great shock. I am tempted to pick up the climb switch and see if I even start using it if I had the option.

How much do the tunes change the feel?

mtbr member
    I honestly have no idea. I'm working on finding someone who's had it done, the thought with Avalanche primarily is that it's tuned specifically for my size and riding. When it's time for service I figure I might as well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Yeah, I have heard of it being done and folks loving it, but nothing specific about the improvements. I would be very interested in finding out, that's for sure.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    New Intense T275 Carbon-image2-1-.jpgNew Intense T275 Carbon-image3.jpgNew Intense T275 Carbon-image1-1-.jpg

Anyone experiencing this cable rub? Will this be a safety issue?

I saw this picture online and it looks exactly the same as mine:
    New Intense T275 Carbon-img_7354.jpgNew Intense T275 Carbon-img_7352.jpgNew Intense T275 Carbon-img_7351.jpgNew Intense T275 Carbon-img_7353.jpg

I feel worried knowing that this is a carbon frame. This is my first carbon frame bike so not sure if this is a safety issue. Can you please share your thoughts and if anyone is experiencing the same. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Anyone experiencing this?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Wanted to share my finished build. Sorry its dark. Finished it earlier and just wanted to grab a quick snap of it. So far I've ridden it around the block a bunch of times and just on pavement. I'm going to take it on some easy trails tomorrow. I'm still recovering from a knee injury back in June so all I can muster is some easy XC. It should give me an idea of fit though. There's a nice and smooth downhill portion. I'll be able to gauge the fit.

Just to repeat the build from a couple posts up:
    Frame: Tracer
    Fork: Pike
    Wheels: Stans/dt swiss 350
    Tires: Specialized Butcher (fr)/Specialized Purgatory (Rr)
    Brakes: XT (Spartan takeoff)
    Drivetrain: XT 11 speed
    Cranks: SRAM carbon
    Pedals: Chromag Contact
    Seatpost: Reverb 150mm
    Saddle: WTB Volt
    Stem: RaceFace Atlas 35mm
    Bars: Chromag BZA carbon
    Grips: ODI Rogue

Its been fun to build this up over the summer. It was a way to keep me loosely connected to mountain biking while i was unable to ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Intense T275 Carbon-20160913_201401.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Posting with a better pic and a finishing touch. Picked up one of those YAWYD top caps from niner.
    New Intense T275 Carbon-20160916_183452-2.jpgNew Intense T275 Carbon-20160917_190538-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Any thoughts on a Float X vs. a Debonair for the 275? I'm quite happy with the DHX2 I have now but always curious to try something else out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Here's my baby, had her since march and get more stoked every time I get to ride it.

New Intense T275 Carbon-screen-shot-2016-10-15-9.19.29-pm.jpg

mtbr member
    Hi Guys,

May I know if Intense T275c can use Sram GX crank BB30 ? apreciate so much for the feedback.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Intense T275 Carbon-bb30.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2009
    In my research over the summer I found the answer to be no. Which was a bummer because i got some carbon bb30 cranks that i couldnt use.

You may want to confirm with intense directly though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojotherider View Post
    In my research over the summer I found the answer to be no. Which was a bummer because i got some carbon bb30 cranks that i couldnt use.

You may want to confirm with intense directly though.
    thanks for your reply

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Great looking red rig above! Here's mine. I'm liking it more that my Switchblade.

beer is good

T275 carbon

Here's mine out in the wild.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Intense T275 Carbon-20161126_13492820161126_134928tracert275.jpg  

New Intense T275 Carbon-20161126_13503120161126_135031tracert275.jpg  

Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Nice looking bike ^^^, Nels!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hi all.

Got a lot of inspiration from this thread while building my T275C back in 2014/5. Putting in some images here so you can watch my beauty

I got a question for you. I'm running High Roller II 2.4 with a good amount of clearance. I do wonder if there are enough room for the new smaller 27.5+ tires. Running EX471 rims with a 25mm inner width. I've heard rumors of Nobby Nic 2.8 beeing too big for the rear, but that Maxxis Icon+ would stay clear.

Have anyone tried any 27.5+ tires?
    Please report back with sizes and photos
    A day in the mountains with a bike is like paradise only better
    My web page (in norwegian): http://sykkelhjulet.no

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Not sure if it would fit, but I think anything bigger than 2.4 will be too big for that rim. The + tires need something wider to support the sidewall. That's my impression anyhow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I tried the Specialized Butcher 2.6" tires on my Tracer above and they fit in the front but rubbed the lower linkage in the rear - this was on the i9 Enduro 305 wheelset pictured. I'm currently running the E13 2.35" tires - best tires I've ever run on this bike. They are much lighter than the Butchers and have amazing grip!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ryknown View Post
    I tried the Specialized Butcher 2.6" tires on my Tracer above and they fit in the front but rubbed the lower linkage in the rear - this was on the i9 Enduro 305 wheelset pictured. I'm currently running the E13 2.35" tires - best tires I've ever run on this bike. They are much lighter than the Butchers and have amazing grip!
    Thanks for the info. Did you messure the width of the Butchers when mounted on that rim? And what about the E13s?
    A day in the mountains with a bike is like paradise only better
    My web page (in norwegian): http://sykkelhjulet.no

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    You're not allowed to mix Intense and products from the Evil S.

2000 Giant DH Team
    2003 Balfa BB7
    2004 Nicolai Nuclean ST
    *break*
    2011 Intense M9
    2014 Intense C29
    2015 Intense 951evo

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by nyzeta View Post
    Thanks for the info. Did you messure the width of the Butchers when mounted on that rim? And what about the E13s?
    Nope. The tires were much heavier than what I was looking for and; like CR says below, I should never mix products from Specilaized and Intense.

I can measure the width of the e13 tires when I'm home and post the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Robin View Post
    You're not allowed to mix Intense and products from the Evil S.

New Intense T275 Carbon-img_20170114_082851_zpsjwmclton_edit_1484408442081_zpswmien6td.jpgNew Intense T275 Carbon-img_20170114_082825_zpsbzqtsx23_edit_1484408347051_zpsxocmw6ay.jpg

Last edited by ryknown; 01-14-2017 at 12:57 PM. Reason: added photos of e13 2.35" tires on i9 Enduro 305 wheelset.

Tribe member
    Anyone tried to fit a 26+ size tire on their bike? I would think a 2.8" would fit, not sure if a 3.0" would though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Running 2.5 WT Minion on 35mm inner width wheel for the front. 2.35 aggressor rear. Minion fits fine in the front but would probably rub in the rear. Never felt the need to go wider for a rear tire, especially with how well the aggressor works.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by z4cky View Post
    Hi Guys,

May I know if Intense T275c can use Sram GX crank BB30 ? apreciate so much for the feedback.

Thanks
    Raceface makes a bottom bracket to Accommodate 30mm crank spindles

Race Face Cinch BB92 - Mountain Bottom Brackets | Competitive Cyclist
    2016 Intense Tracer 275 + PUSH Factory Tuned 2017 FOX FLOAT 36 / 160mm, RC2 fork

http://www.strava.com/athletes/2227702

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1976 View Post
    Running 2.5 WT Minion on 35mm inner width wheel for the front. 2.35 aggressor rear. Minion fits fine in the front but would probably rub in the rear. Never felt the need to go wider for a rear tire, especially with how well the aggressor works.
    I have the Maxxis Aggressor on my Switchblade and like that is rolls faster than the E13 on my Tracer, but the grip on the Aggressor is not nearly as good as the E13 and I spin out on some loose, technical climbs.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Does anyone know if the Ohlins STX 22 will fit the 16' T275C? I know they make the right size, just wondering if anyone has tried mounting one up and if there are any clearance issues.

mtbr member

T275 Fresh out of the box

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster1200 View Post
    Come on guys! Too much chatter and not enough pics!
    Just arrived & Fresh out of the box...,

New Intense T275 Carbon-badge2.jpg Awesome Head Tube badge!

New Intense T275 Carbon-intenset275a.jpg

New PUSH Factory Tuned 2017 FOX FLOAT 36 / 160mm fork is on the way..,

New Intense T275 Carbon-intenset275d.jpg

Intense - For Sure!

Let the fun begin!
    2016 Intense Tracer 275 + PUSH Factory Tuned 2017 FOX FLOAT 36 / 160mm, RC2 fork

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Peddlin' Fool View Post
    Just arrived & Fresh out of the box...,

Name:	badge2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	1116845 Awesome Head Tube badge!

Name:	IntenseT275a.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	1116846

New PUSH Factory Tuned 2017 FOX FLOAT 36 / 160mm fork is on the way..,

Name:	IntenseT275d.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	1116847

Intense - For Sure!

Let the fun begin!
    Congrats on the new sled. Fix the fork travel in your sig line before you endo and hurt yourself
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomFL View Post
    Congrats on the new sled. Fix the fork travel in your sig line before you endo and hurt yourself
    Thanks for the heads up - The last time I went OTB, I landed in a rock garden & dislocated my ring finger..,

Name:  DislocatedFinger.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  22.5 KB

Seven months later & only about 80% healed. I'm hoping the slack head angle and beefier suspenders keeps me right side up!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    The red looks good. It's so bright in person.
    Here's my recent updates - decals and wheelset.
    Last edited by ryknown; 01-21-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Tribe member

My T275!

I just traded a guy my '15 Norco Range c7.3 frame for his '15 T275c frame. Got it in yesterday and built it up as much as I could. My previous rear derailleur was a direct mount and not compatible on the Tracer. Also, my rear brake line was too short. So I have some replacements ordered. Hope to get it finished being built next week when they are delivered. I rebuilt my pike and put fresh stealthy decals on it last weekend. Decided to nickname the bike Deadpool. Can't wait to murder some trails this spring/summer!

New Intense T275 Carbon-img_20170124_122821_673.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peddlin' Fool View Post
    Raceface makes a bottom bracket to Accommodate 30mm crank spindles

Race Face Cinch BB92 - Mountain Bottom Brackets | Competitive Cyclist
    Thanks for the info but unfortunately my SRAM BB30 crank spindle not wide enough, so I am end up by buying GXP crank for my built

mtbr member
    Swapped the Vengeance Coil out for a Lyrik in time for a southern Utah trip. I'm surprised that there wasn't more of a weight forums between the two, but the Lyrik is significantly better. Could be personal preference, but I liked the more progressive nature of air vs spring, I think it saved my face a few times during some steep roll ins. The bike also felt significantly poppier, an attribute the coil definitely detracted from. All in all I'm very, very pleased with it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The red looks good. It's so bright in person.
    Here's my recent updates - decals and wheelset.
    What water bottle is that? I'm ditching the pack and going the bottle route. Need suggestions on what will fit with Monarch Plus. I was looking at the Camelbak Podium, but not sure it will fit after seeing that picture.

mtbr member
    Looks like a storage bottle. You'll be hard pressed to find any bottle that fits. Maybe the YT one that's made for the Jeffsy, but that's about it.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'm on a large frame so that might make a difference. Not sure what size frame that one is. Don't you have a similar setup as in that picture? thought I saw a pic you posted with a bottle.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I was using something similar. Got tired of hearing rattling around in it though, now I just use a beverage koozie. Perfect size for a tube, two levers, a multi tool and possibly c02. I'll have to take a pic sometime. Here's the old setup on a medium frame.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    What water bottle is that? I'm ditching the pack and going the bottle route. Need suggestions on what will fit with Monarch Plus. I was looking at the Camelbak Podium, but not sure it will fit after seeing that picture.
    It's a Specialized "Keg." Here's a link to it. I have, on very hot days, used it as a water bottle, but it mostly sits full of tools and a spare tube. The frame is a size large.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks for the confirmation. I was thinking of going that route for shorter days (<10 miles). I think I need a squeeze bottle to regulate though. I'd end up chugging from something like that.

This is where I'm at now. When the bike is unweighted, its pressing against the shock pretty hard. When I'm sitting on it however its not as bad. What do you think? Think it'll rub the shock raw like a cable does to frames?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Intense T275 Carbon-0425171806.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Thanks for the confirmation. I was thinking of going that route for shorter days (<10 miles). I think I need a squeeze bottle to regulate though. I'd end up chugging from something like that.

This is where I'm at now. When the bike is unweighted, its pressing against the shock pretty hard. When I'm sitting on it however its not as bad. What do you think? Think it'll rub the shock raw like a cable does to frames?
    Expect it to rub. I'd ride with it if I really needed water and I didn't care about my shock.

mtbr member
    I'm looking at buying at 2016 intense 275c frame and building it up. I'm a little concerned with how the tracer climbs. I read one review that talked about the tracer have some decent pedal feedback when climbing and hitting small bumps. I'd be putting a cane creek DB air with the climb switch on it so I'm sure that would help. But I want to get some feedback from people on these bike in the real world. Thanks for any help

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I wouldn't be concerned about pedal feedback with this frame. I've been riding one for 2 years and I don't notice any feedback when climbing. Get ready to shred the down hill! It likes to go fast!

mtbr member
    The frame I'm looking at doesn't come with a shock. What works well with this frame. Not sure if I can demo one before I'd buy. It looks like you can run a coil? I'm thinking either Cane creek DBAir or DBcoil iL. I really want to be able to have a full sized water bottle. I do a lot of sub two hour rides and I don't like having a pack on those

mtbr member
    May 2009
    If you want a water bottle, you're gonna need to get the inline. Theres just not enough room in the triangle if your shock has a piggyback reservoir. Look at my picture a few posts up with the monarch and water bottle. That bottle was my neighbor's kids bottle. I couldn't find anything smaller.

mtbr member
    If you want a water bottle, you're gonna need to get the inline. Theres just not enough room in the triangle if your shock has a piggyback reservoir. Look at my picture a few posts up with the monarch and water bottle. That bottle was my neighbor's kids bottle. I couldn't find anything smaller.
    Did you try to run the shock the other way around, piggyback back/down? It should move away from the bottle when the suspension compresses.

Other than that, did you see YT released a special bottle for their Jeffsy. Maybe this fits better?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I did not and have never seen anyone running the shock in the opposite direction. does it fit the same?

YT didn't have that bottle available for a long time. $50 is pretty crazy for a water bottle if you ask me.

I've also moved on to another bike and water bottle clearance isn't something I have to worry about anymore. For the record, that's not why I moved on to another bike...

mtbr member
    I did not and have never seen anyone running the shock in the opposite direction. does it fit the same?
    Fit depends on shock and frame, so I can't answer this. I run a Vivid Air on an old Uzzi VPX that way, it wouldn't fit otherwise. To test you have to switch the shock reducers around as they normally have different lengths and cycle the shock through it's stroke w/o air in it to make sure it doesn't contact the frame.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Call Chad at Intense

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by buddiesconfusion View Post
    The frame I'm looking at doesn't come with a shock. What works well with this frame. Not sure if I can demo one before I'd buy. It looks like you can run a coil? I'm thinking either Cane creek DBAir or DBcoil iL. I really want to be able to have a full sized water bottle. I do a lot of sub two hour rides and I don't like having a pack on those
    Call Chad D at Intense

mtbr member
    Thanks I spoke to Chad yesterday, great guy. He recommended coil over shock. I might look at the CC coil iL since I would be able to fit a water bottle.

One other question, are there any differences in the suspension and linkages from 2015 to the 2016 frames?

mtbr member
    I'm still loooking for a shock for a XL 2016 tracer 275C I've narrowed it down to these four and I'd like some feedback

1. DVO jade
    2. RS monarch plus RC3
    3. CC dbcoil iL with CS
    4. CC DBair with CS

I'd like to be able to have a water bottle but not sure if that's going to work with these shocks. Thanks for the help

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I'm still loooking for a shock for a XL 2016 tracer 275C I've narrowed it down to these four and I'd like some feedback

1. DVO jade
    2. RS monarch plus RC3
    3. CC dbcoil iL with CS
    4. CC DBair with CS

I'd like to be able to have a water bottle but not sure if that's going to work with these shocks. Thanks for the help
    I have #2 above... A water bottle does NOT fit. I don't think one will fit for any shock that has a reservoir on the Tracer 275C. I'd also consider the DVO for my type of riding but I'd never touch a shock made by Cane Creek.

mtbr member
    I'm not a fan of CC air shocks very much but I've had good luck with their coil shocks. But I see no reason not to get a fox X2 or DHX they are so good! I always wanted to see how a coil would feel on the old tracer, hopefully I'll get to order one for the new tracer

mtbr member
    What tune is on the stock RS monarch plus shocks?

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    What tune is on the stock RS monarch plus shocks?
    M M = Medium for both options

mtbr member
    Anyone try e13 TRS tires in the rear? Is there clearance? It's a very generous 2.35.

mtbr member
    Anyone try e13 TRS tires in the rear? Is there clearance? It's a very generous 2.35.

It fits but I'm sure the other consideration would be your rim's width.
    On a 28mm wide E13 TRSr rims, the E13 tire fit on my old T275c.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016

The e13 tires fit fine on my 2016 Tracer with i9 Enduro 305 rims.
    New Intense T275 Carbon-e13.jpg

mtbr member
    Awesome. Thanks guys!

mtbr member
    is yours a '16? I have a '15 in XL frame size and was thinking of getting the dbcoil IL. how long have you been riding with it and what did you have on it before? spring weight? did you try fitting a water bottle on the frame with the IL? thanks in advance for your insight/comments.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234