Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    mtbr member
    I also picked up a T275 recently and am loving this bike! I'm not an enduro guy - more XC oriented and wanted something to complement my 29er HT for techy terrain (and replace an older Turner 5-Spot). Funny, the LBS was telling me this was way too much bike and tried to steer me to something like a SB5C or SOLO instead.

I didn't want too much overlap with the HT and am really glad I picked up the T275C! It climbs so well - why wouldn't you want the extra travel? I've only gotten a couple of rides on it, but recently did a bigger ride - 35 miles, 5000vert. Its efficient and I didn't notice the front end wandering on steep climbs (unlike the Pivot M6). Descending, I haven't had a chance to push it yet. But on the few rock gardens I have hit, it excels at speed. The bike is stable and can clearly handle as much as I can throw at it.

Someone (in this thread I think) was asking if this could be a do it all bike. Absolutely!
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

mtbr member

Re: New Intense T275 Carbon

Just picked mine up today! Was only able to do a quick ride but so far this thing is fast! Not sold on the climbing yet compared to my 66c. But probably need to dial her in a bit more. Here's a picture need to get an official weight hoping around 26-27. These are also custom carbon wheels with I9 hubs. New Intense T275 Carbon-uploadfromtaptalk1418269298680.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mantra27 View Post
    I'm working out the details (money) to build up a T275c soon, however I was wondering if I may be too heavy for the leverage ratio and/or the suspension design? Assuming a pro or expert build. I'm exactly 6' and weigh roughly 215-220lbs geared up. That doesn't mean fat, rather just a bid dude whose in decent shape. Any T275 owners my size have issues pushing the limits on the suspension or PSI in their tune that hurts the bikes intended performance? Thanks..
    Perfect scenario for the CC upgrade.
    Can't wait for the snow to melt and the dirt to dry

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by jselwyn View Post
    Just swapped out my 2015 Nomad for a T275 and after two rides, I'm super happy. Had one of my best days of riding ever on the Nomad, but typically I didn't really enjoy the bike on my local trails in the Grand Junction/Moab area. T275, however, what a ripper! Combines the best of a Bronson and Nomad. Handles tight switchbacks great, chunky stuff is no problem, goes up very well, rips dirt jumps, and is all around a fun bike to ride. It'll def let you make the most of the trail.
    Only downside is that silly pressfit BB
    So liking it for climbing up Petekes as well as coming down Holy Cross? Good for everything on Horsethief Bench besides the initial descent from Mary's?

mtbr member
    Oh yeah, a little late to this party but glad to have caught the eyes of the guys at VitalMTB

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas -pull the trigger.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    New Intense T275 Carbon-image.jpg

Great bike! I could live with this as a single bike in the quiver (but I won't).

mtbr member
    Question for current owners. I have a few rides in and so far I've noticed I'm way more fatigued on climbs then my 66c. My thighs burn out very quick. Could this be due to the steeper seat angle then what I'm used too?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DLd View Post
    So liking it for climbing up Petekes as well as coming down Holy Cross? Good for everything on Horsethief Bench besides the initial descent from Mary's?
    Really been liking it on all those trails. Much better maneuverability thanks to the steeper headtube and shorter wheel base. I've done all those trails 100% clean on a couple of different bikes (including the drop-in on Horsethief) and found many areas to be more difficult on the Nomad. I haven't really pushed hard timed runs on the Intense yet, but it is much more enjoyable on the trails and takes less effort to ride.

Dude, got any schwag?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew8404 View Post
    Question for current owners. I have a few rides in and so far I've noticed I'm way more fatigued on climbs then my 66c. My thighs burn out very quick. Could this be due to the steeper seat angle then what I'm used too?

Saddle position & over all fit could be the culprit.
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSchwagman View Post
    Saddle position & over all fit could be the culprit.
    Thanks, I moved the saddle back as far as I could and seemed to help a little but still not anywhere near my old ride. Maybe I'm using different muscles then I was before since my legs are more over the bottom bracket?Anyways, the dh is awesome on this bike just hope I can get the leg burning sorted out!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks, I moved the saddle back as far as I could and seemed to help a little but still not anywhere near my old ride. Maybe I'm using different muscles then I was before since my legs are more over the bottom bracket?Anyways, the dh is awesome on this bike just hope I can get the leg burning sorted out!
    Are you riding with the 1x11? if so try using a smaller front ring. I use a 28 tooth and it helps a lot on the climbing.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbasa View Post
    Are you riding with the 1x11? if so try using a smaller front ring. I use a 28 tooth and it helps a lot on the climbing.
    My 66c was 1x11 with a 34 so I went with a 32 for the bigger wheel size. Both bikes weight about the same too. I'm sure it's just getting adjusted to the new bike and position.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Saddle position should be determined by the relation of your knee to the spindle of pedal. Effectively, there should be a straight line from immediately behind your knee cap down through the pedal spindle with the crank arm in the 3 o clock position. Here is an illustration.

http://twentynineinches.com/wp-conte...4/dscn4308.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2006

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    anyone feel like this bike 'rides big'?
    coming off a 29er i'm looking for something that doesn't feel like you're riding way up on top of the bike.

All bike, all the time
    imo VPPs tend to feel high in the saddle, don't have that barcalounger sink-in of the Spesh or even DWL (as on the new Ibis HD3). VPP makes it feel like a faster bike, and maybe it is, but not quite as all-around versatile.
    Quote Originally Posted by michihir0 View Post
    coming off a 29er i'm looking for something that doesn't feel like you're riding way up on top of the bike.
    All bike, all the time

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    thanks, how's the bike on climbs?
    Last edited by michihir0; 12-16-2014 at 07:52 AM.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinarybikes View Post
    We have very similar builds! How do you like the ibis wheels? I almost ordered those but got tawaian carbon with i9 hubs instead.

Dude, got any schwag?
    I thought I was all GO for a Carbine 29. I have a Carbine SL currently. I've ridden the C29 a few times & even on my local trails with the Demo crew. Then @ Interbike I rode the C29 & Tracer T275c back to back. First ride was the C29, & I loved it! Even bought a set of Conti's in 29 for my future build. Then I rode the T275c. Dear Lord what a bike. I don't know how to describe it, but I felt at home on the T275. Bombing down the trail was comparatively much more playful, plus the bike just felt accurate to where I was picking spots like rocks & inside/ outside of berms & NAILING them. I traded my Conti's back for 27.5s & though I haven't pulled the trigger, I will have the T275 by spring. To directly address your question, 29ers have always felt tall to me, but the T275 really hits the sweet spot.
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    thanks, how's the bike on climbs?
    I think it climbs fantastic for a bike with this much travel. It could easily be your everyday bike. My other bike is a Spot 29er HT and I'm starting to wonder if I'll get many miles on it next season.
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Sounds like your seat is low. My quads tire out quick when my seat is too low. I'm guessing you measured the distance from your bb to your seat and matched it on the new bike? When the seat moves forward though, you have to move it higher. The more forward position should actually be more efficient for pedaling once your seat is back at the correct height and you get used to it. If moving it back helped, that would be because you also made the distance between your seat and pedals longer. Try making it centered again, but raising it till you're getting proper extension.

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Really been liking it on all those trails. Much better maneuverability thanks to the steeper headtube and shorter wheel base. I've done all those trails 100% clean on a couple of different bikes (including the drop-in on Horsethief) and found many areas to be more difficult on the Nomad. I haven't really pushed hard timed runs on the Intense yet, but it is much more enjoyable on the trails and takes less effort to ride.
    Thanks, I'm gonna have to try one out this spring.

mtbr member

Sounds like your seat is low. My quads tire out quick when my seat is too low. I'm guessing you measured the distance from your bb to your seat and matched it on the new bike? When the seat moves forward though, you have to move it higher. The more forward position should actually be more efficient for pedaling once your seat is back at the correct height and you get used to it. If moving it back helped, that would be because you also made the distance between your seat and pedals longer. Try making it centered again, but raising it till you're getting proper extension.
    Awesome, thanks I will try this out this afternoon.

mtbr member

New Intense T275 Carbon

I think you hit the nail on the head with this. Even though my dropper was the same height as before it needed to move higher due to the steeper seat angle. I raised it about a half inch and it made a world of difference. Thank you so much! I may even go a tad higher. No more thigh soreness which is much relief!

mtbr member
    DLD is right.
    I have ridden the DEBONAIR AND THE CCDB on this bike. I am only 172 lbs and I prefer the DEBONAIR. THE CCDB works better for my buddy who is 230lbs. The CCDB inline has better mid stroke support. Both are awesome but I prefer the plusher feel of the DEBONAIR.

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Another quick question if you don't mind. What fork and wheels are you running? Also what tires do you like for around here. Maybe not the ones you use for racing enduros, but good for both the up and down at Lunch Loops?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Another quick question if you don't mind. What fork and wheels are you running? Also what tires do you like for around here. Maybe not the ones you use for racing enduros, but good for both the up and down at Lunch Loops?

Thanks
    Using the MRP Stage currently, having ridden on the Pike since it's release. Great fork with performance better than the Pike. Plus, MRP makes the fork in town. Wheels are the Stans that came on the bike. I prefer DT240s and have had good luck with both Stans Flows or WTB i23 or 25s. No carbon, literally everyone I know with carbons has broken them more than once.

I like a high roller II front and rear or HRII front and an Ardent rear. Specialized butchers are good, but don't hold up very well. Tend to run slightly higher pressures, too. 28-30f/32-35r

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I have a complaint about this bike. The cable solution for the dropper post is weak. Without cutting some length of the cable, it's been hard to mange all the rub spots. I fix one and the cable jumps to another area. Pain in the ass on an otherwise well thought out bike.

Also, where is an online source for the 3M-like helicopter tape? The stuff on Amazon has mixed reviews.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Turn your seat clamp around and use the quick release to guide your cable.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I like the wheels so far. I ordered some Minion DHF's to run on the 741's. They're a little lighter than the Schwable MM & RR combo. I also have some I9 Torch Classic hubs en route. I plan on rebuilding the 741's with the I9 hubs.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I find that the climbing performance is okay, but I still use my Climb Switch Lever a good bit on smoother fire road climbs to increase efficiency. Have you tried running the rear shock in the 145mm setting. I've read that you don't really need to use a climb switch in the shorter travel setting.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Inter71 View Post
    Turn your seat clamp around and use the quick release to guide your cable.
    It's more of the area between the remote switch and first cheesy clip on the downtube. It's a stealth dropper so the cable is well hidden as it makes its way up the seat tube. I ended up finding some real 3M tape to make cable bumpers out of.

Colorado
    I've had mine for about a month. 24 and change w/o pedals and with a Stealth Reverb. Couldn't be more pleased with everything about this bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Intense T275 Carbon-img_0343.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ltspd1 View Post
    I've had mine for about a month. 24 and change w/o pedals and with a Stealth Reverb. Couldn't be more pleased with everything about this bike.
    Dayum! I have a pretty top shelf build with tubeless Enve's, XX1, stealth reverb, etc and it's still running 27 lb 10 oz with pedals and a bit of dirt. Nice job....

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Nice job!
    What did you do to get your bike so light?

mtbr member

How the heck did you get yours down to 24 pounds? I have the pro build with next cranks, renthal carbon bars, and carbon wheels, granted the wheels are 1700ish grams but mine still weights 27 without pedals. Must be running light tires! Would love to see the build

Colorado
    Medium size frame
    RS Revelation RCT3 fork
    Fox Float CTD shock
    Stans Crest rims/hubs
    1 x 11 with XO shifter/derailleur, SRAM X1 cassette 10 x 42
    RF Next SL carbon cranks w 28t RF chainring
    XTR brakes
    Cane Creek Forty headset
    Maxxis Ardent Race 2.2 rear, Ardent 2.4 front, both tubeless
    Loaded X-Lite bar
    Thomson X4 stem
    Fizik Aliante VS saddle
    ESI grips
    Intense QR seatpost collar
    And, as I mentioned, a Stealth Reverb post

Hats off to Mike at Timberline Cycles here in CO Springs. He's the best I've seen at giving his customers exactly what they want.

From my cold, dead hands
    24 pounds--that's impressive! My expert build is about 30lbs.

mtbr member
    Mine should be 25ish lb with my new I9 wheelset and Ikon tires. I think anything under 30 lb is nice. Im still going to rock the stock Flow/Stans wheelset and Highrollers on the rough stuff though.

Colorado
    If you go to the Timberline Cycles Facebook page you'll see a small frame built up to 22.9lbs w/o pedals.

https://www.facebook.com/timberlinecycles

mtbr member
    If you go to the Timberline Cycles Facebook page you'll see a small frame built up to 22.9lbs w/o pedals.

https://www.facebook.com/timberlinecycles
    Cant find it.

Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr View Post
    Cant find it.
    Scroll down a ways; it was posted on 10 July

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbasa View Post
    Nice job!
    What did you do to get your bike so light?
    +1. Pics and build specs please?
    EDIT: N'mind, saw the follow-up posts.
    Last edited by DLd; 01-02-2015 at 02:24 PM.

Sedona, Az USA
    nevermind

The GOAT
    Sep 2012
    New Intense T275 Carbon-int-1.jpgHad my T275C pro out about 6 times now. Very Impressed with the climbing ability and the speed of this thing in the forests and downhill is fantastic. BUT the major issue I'm having at the moment is clearance of the wheels. Went out last night and yes it was very muddy and sticky. This jammed up the rear with the mud collecting in front of the rear wheel and also the front wheels locked up with mud through the fork brace. Im running maxis ardent 2.25 on the rear and a high roller 2.3 on the front. This is not good because here in North Yorkshire this time of year everywhere is muddy.. I'm running bos suspension front and rear too...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by THEDOCTOR46 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	int 1.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	262.6 KB 
ID:	953387Had my T275C pro out about 6 times now. Very Impressed with the climbing ability and the speed of this thing in the forests and downhill is fantastic. BUT the major issue I'm having at the moment is clearance of the wheels. Went out last night and yes it was very muddy and sticky. This jammed up the rear with the mud collecting in front of the rear wheel and also the front wheels locked up with mud through the fork brace. Im running maxis ardent 2.25 on the rear and a high roller 2.3 on the front. This is not good because here in North Yorkshire this time of year everywhere is muddy.. I'm running bos suspension front and rear too...
    This wouldn't be one of Greg's (Peddlers) would it? I've taken his own T275 out a few times and noticed the clearance issues but to be honest Intense have always been like this, our mud and filth is a little bit different to the California dirt that's for sure...

Lovely bike though!

The GOAT
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    This wouldn't be one of Greg's (Peddlers) would it? I've taken his own T275 out a few times and noticed the clearance issues but to be honest Intense have always been like this, our mud and filth is a little bit different to the California dirt that's for sure...

Lovely bike though!

I too took Greg's out a few times and was about to order a brand new one from him but then this came up on PB so I bought it. Having a few issues with the rear Shock but just booked it in with JTECH this morning so hopefully James can sort it out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Hi guys iam writing from Greece and since the local dealer wont stock bikes to try one i need some help on sizing.I am 179cm tall and i used to ride a carbine 275 with 50mm stem and 800mm enves.On the climbing felt good but on the descends and jumps felt long to me.I couldnt even manual the bike.I ordered the medium tracer knowing that i am in the middle between large and medium.What do you guys think should i change my order or stay with the medium? By the ay i also ride a medium m9 which is perfect for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by don corleone View Post
    Hi guys iam writing from Greece and since the local dealer wont stock bikes to try one i need some help on sizing.I am 179cm tall and i used to ride a carbine 275 with 50mm stem and 800mm enves.On the climbing felt good but on the descends and jumps felt long to me.I couldnt even manual the bike.I ordered the medium tracer knowing that i am in the middle between large and medium.What do you guys think should i change my order or stay with the medium? By the ay i also ride a medium m9 which is perfect for me.
    By my conversion you are 5'8" and I am 5'10" I am riding a large with a 35mm stem and 30mm rise bars.
    After three months of struggling with sizing I am finally comfortable.
    I would definitely go medium.
    I am currently selling my large in the ads section.

From my cold, dead hands
    I'm about 5'11" (almost 180cm) and I ride a large but honestly it feels just a little long even with a 50mm stem. This doesn't bother me at all though and it hasn't affected my riding any. I think you made the right choice going with a medium. By the way, my dad's family is from Lefkada.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast