Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Vicegrips, both our bars are carbon and ~ the same weight, and the tires weigh about the same, so maybe I read the scale wrong if yours is a pound lighter. Do you have the ccdba on there too? If everything else is the same, a pound variance just doesn't make sense.

Feels stiffer than the enduro. I have a fox 36rc2 on the enduro with 2013 crossmax sx wheels. The t27.5 carries more speed through the same sections with less input to the handlebars. On the enduro, I had to really compress my bike before I hit a jump and use a lot of body english. The T275 not so much. Really just easier to ride all around. I'm running 780 bars on the intense, and had 750's on the Enduro. Not sure if that affects it.

Trying to figure out what can be heavy on mine. Hanging from park scale at bike shop came in at 29.12lbs, on my bathroom scale 29lbs
    ccdba-cs
    standard "time" pedals
    stock seat
    Maybe I put 1/2 lb of stans sealant in?? doubt that though

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I'll echo Mark's thoughts, the bike is incredible.

Mine comes in at 28.0 lbs, medium with a 785 Raceface SixC bar, 50mm Atlas stem, Raceface Next SL cranks, MRP AMG, and Derby rims on Hope Pro II Evos with A 2.3 DHF 3C EXO TR up front and a 2.25 Ardent EXO in back. I was hoping it'd be a bit lighter with all the carbon but it's a respectable weight especially compared to my Tracer2 at almost 33lbs.

Sick bike, believe the hype!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    Best bike I've ever ridden. CCDBA-cs on the rear. Pike up front. Pro build - X01 drivetrain, XT brakes, flow ex wheels, answer carbon 780 bar, specialized purgatory grid rear tire and High roller 2 3c tr up front. Setup Tubeless. Large. 29.12 lbs on a park scale. My ccdba-cs adds .45 lbs. Can't imagine those I9 wheels, xx1 and tires are that much lighter to get down to 26.18 lbs like ridenw/bear's is though. 3lbs is a lot!

Either way, I've had a tracer 2 for the past couple years and this thing destroys it on the downs and ups. It's longer than the tracer 2 so I find it climbs better and it seems to make you go faster on the flats and downhill. I thought my tracer 2 jumped great, but this thing propels you off jumps. I was landing at the bottom of the transitions of jumps that I usually have to throw the bike in front of me to make.

Literally the most fun I've had on a bike in the past four years. Past four bikes being: T27.5 L, Specialized Carbon Enduro expert L, Tracer 2 L, Giant Reign 0 L.

As far as the ccdba-cs goes, I have no idea if it's the suspension on this bike, or the shock, but the stock tune mates to this pike perfectly. The 1/2 lb penalty seems worth it to me, however I haven't ridden one with a Monarch plus, so I can't make that comparison.

If you can make it work, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I like to buy and sell a bike every year to stay current, but I can see myself holding on to this one for a few years.
    My build came in just under 27 lbs. @ 26 lbs. 14 oz.
    I think the weight difference between my bike and vice grips or markcjr's is in the wheels, tires, pedals, stem and seat. And obvisiosly the CCDB is a little heavier as well.

Industry Nine Trail wheelset is 1460 grams. This is the trail wheelset, not the enduro wheelset. I'll bet most of the weight difference is in the wheels/ tires. I am also running a 6" rotor in the rear and a 7" rotor in the front.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridnw/bear View Post
    My build came in just under 27 lbs. @ 26 lbs. 14 oz.
    I think the weight difference between my bike and vice grips or markcjr's is in the wheels, tires, pedals, stem and seat. And obvisiosly the CCDB is a little heavier as well.

Industry Nine Trail wheelset is 1460 grams. This is the trail wheelset, not the enduro wheelset. I'll bet most of the weight difference is in the wheels/ tires. I am also running a 6" rotor in the rear and a 7" rotor in the front.
    Wow, yeah, stans flow ex 27.5 are 1850g, so that's 390 grams for the wheels alone. Don't think I could run those at 200lbs without a pack.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Hey markcjr and beaterdit,
    There is a picture thread for the T275. Where are the pics???
    Do either of you have a black/ white frame?

mtbr member
    Vicegrips, both our bars are carbon and ~ the same weight, and the tires weigh about the same, so maybe I read the scale wrong if yours is a pound lighter. Do you have the ccdba on there too? If everything else is the same, a pound variance just doesn't make sense.

Feels stiffer than the enduro. I have a fox 36rc2 on the enduro with 2013 crossmax sx wheels. The t27.5 carries more speed through the same sections with less input to the handlebars. On the enduro, I had to really compress my bike before I hit a jump and use a lot of body english. The T275 not so much. Really just easier to ride all around. I'm running 780 bars on the intense, and had 750's on the Enduro. Not sure if that affects it.

Trying to figure out what can be heavy on mine. Hanging from park scale at bike shop came in at 29.12lbs, on my bathroom scale 29lbs
    ccdba-cs
    standard "time" pedals
    stock seat
    Maybe I put 1/2 lb of stans sealant in?? doubt that though

Yup I Have ccdb, i know its more lbs than RS. I'm still working out the kinks out the rear shock(settings), i have XT peddles. I know the scale is on, the same as the post office scale in weights of stuff that i ship out. I am build up some derby rims with some hope evo 2s, hopfully it drops some more weight. Im not sure how much but i think this bike weights less than my XT carbine, and yes we need to see some pics
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Yep I do, i'll throw some up later. Vicegrips, I just went with the stock tune that cc recommends for the t275 and it's awesome. I'm 200lbs dry, 212 with riding gear. I think I ran it at 182 psi to get 17mm sag. Plush almost all the way through, and then it just ramps up perfectly right at the end for hitting any shape kicker I could find. At lower speeds though, it just tended to suck stuff up as opposed to pop off small rocks on the trail. I'd rather have it mach down rocky sections then perform perfectly on a transition than pop off little rocks and buck me off a gap jump. I probably won't try to fix that though, as I hate fiddling with things. I ran 17mm sag and never ended up bottoming out, even when I cased one transition. No matter how hard I smashed into something, I couldn't get the o ring to the end of the shaft - do the ccdba have a built in bottoming out feature? My buddy bought one with monarch plus rc3, so I'll try that in a couple weeks. I figured since I had never tried the ccdba, I'd give it a go, and if I like the monarch just as much, I can always sell the ccdba and buy the monarch. Gotta love no interest credit cards.

Edit: The bike is poppy.....when you are going fast! I was going slow down a few fire roads and it was just sucking up the rocks on the side of the trail. But as soon as you open it up and let it plane out, the bike takes off. It rewards you more the faster you ride.
    Last edited by markcjr; 05-07-2014 at 06:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Yep I do, i'll throw some up later. Vicegrips, I just went with the stock tune that cc recommends for the t275 and it's awesome. I'm 200lbs dry, 212 with riding gear. I think I ran it at 182 psi to get 17mm sag. Plush almost all the way through, and then it just ramps up perfectly right at the end for hitting any shape kicker I could find. At lower speeds though, it just tended to suck stuff up as opposed to pop off small rocks on the trail. I'd rather have it mach down rocky sections then perform perfectly on a transition than pop off little rocks and buck me off a gap jump. I probably won't try to fix that though, as I hate fiddling with things. I ran 17mm sag and never ended up bottoming out, even when I cased one transition. No matter how hard I smashed into something, I couldn't get the o ring to the end of the shaft - do the ccdba have a built in bottoming out feature? My buddy bought one with monarch plus rc3, so I'll try that in a couple weeks. I figured since I had never tried the ccdba, I'd give it a go, and if I like the monarch just as much, I can always sell the ccdba and buy the monarch. Gotta love no interest credit cards.

17mm of sag, is that enough? Think I'm running over 20mm. If you're not getting full travel use a little less high speed compression.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    17mm is what they recommend for our bike and I get full travel for sure. The o ring is about 1/3 of a centimeter from the end. The stock tune they speced from intense/ccdba works great for me. I don't think I'll be changing anything besides air pressure/sag depending on my weight (if I go with a pack or not)

Old school BMXer
    Come on guys! Too much chatter and not enough pics!
    May the air be filled with tires!

Master
    Aug 2009
    Anyone on the new T275 Carbon that is 6'2" or taller? Wondering how the Large fits you. I don't want to wait for the XL to come out and I'm having trouble finding a Large to try before buying. I welcome your input.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I have exactly the same question..
    I'm 6'2'' with 35'' inseam and wonder if the Large is ok for me..

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I am 6'3" with a 34" inseam and am on a large. It does have a long top tube that makes the bike feel very roomy. I have a Rock Shox Reverb and unfortunately I purchased the shorter one that barely allows for the correct leg extension while climbing. Reverbs only have a minimum post insertion of about 3 1/4" which just doesnt seem real safe as far as seatpost insertion. So, I would make sure to get a longer Reverb if going that route. Other than that, I dont feel that I need a XL at 6'3". I have also had a 5.5, 6.6, Socom, Uzzi VP, Tracer VP and a Carbine all in large and have never felt that I needed a XL. I hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster1200 View Post
    Come on guys! Too much chatter and not enough pics!
    There is a picture thread

Master
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridnw/bear View Post
    I am 6'3" with a 34" inseam and am on a large. It does have a long top tube that makes the bike feel very roomy. I have a Rock Shox Reverb and unfortunately I purchased the shorter one that barely allows for the correct leg extension while climbing. Reverbs only have a minimum post insertion of about 3 1/4" which just doesnt seem real safe as far as seatpost insertion. So, I would make sure to get a longer Reverb if going that route.
    Thanks for the input on sizing! I currently ride an XL Sultan but the top tube length is the same as the Large T275.

Great point on the Reverb. Do you have the 100MM or the 125mm? Also, any chance you could tell me the length from the center of the BB to the top of the saddle when fully extended? I want to make sure to get the right length Reverb. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ish View Post
    Thanks for the input on sizing! I currently ride an XL Sultan but the top tube length is the same as the Large T275.

Great point on the Reverb. Do you have the 100MM or the 125mm? Also, any chance you could tell me the length from the center of the BB to the top of the saddle when fully extended? I want to make sure to get the right length Reverb. Thanks!

I have the 125mm Reverb but it has the 380mm post and I should have got the 430mm post for more insertion. I am at work now but I will measure it tonight and get back to you with that length.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ish View Post

Heres the measurements you wanted.
    Top of Reverb seatpost clamp(125mm drop/ 380mm length of post) to center of BB: just under 31"

Center of BB to top of Specialized Phenom Pro seat(I would imagine this differs from seat to seat): 32"

Definitely get the 430mm post if getting the Reverb

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Anyone know if you can fit a water bottle on the down tube if you have a ccdba-cs? Maybe using one of those side opening cages?

I fix your broken ****!
    Anyone know if you can fit a water bottle on the down tube if you have a ccdba-cs? Maybe using one of those side opening cages?
    You'll have to find a really low-profile bottle to be able to clear the reservoir on the CCDB Air.
    Sam Wilson
    Jack of All Trades
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

mtbr member
    Hay Sam, i was going to call/email Andrew but I'll ask you. Have any of you guys tried the new DB shock on the T275? and how did it ride?

I fix your broken ****!
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    Hay Sam, i was going to call/email Andrew but I'll ask you. Have any of you guys tried the new DB shock on the T275? and how did it ride?
    Cane Creek came out to do some testing with us on the DB Inline a few months ago and I was able to ride laps with it. Pretty crazy how well it rode! Tracks well, super supple small bump sensitivity and resists bottom out very well. The climb switch also works great, very similar to the CS on the DB Air. Absolutely my favorite shock at the moment.
    Sam Wilson
    Jack of All Trades
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Sam, have you had a chance to ride the T275 with a Monarch+ Debonair? Thinking about a switch from the ccdba-cs to the inline or Monarch+ Debonair. The inline sounds sweet because I could lose my pack and ride with a water bottle for shorter rides.

I fix your broken ****!
    Sam, have you had a chance to ride the T275 with a Monarch+ Debonair? Thinking about a switch from the ccdba-cs to the inline or Monarch+ Debonair. The inline sounds sweet because I could lose my pack and ride with a water bottle for shorter rides.
    The perfect setup would be to have the DB Inline for regular riding and then have a DB Air for more aggressive riding, bike parks, etc.
    Sam Wilson
    Jack of All Trades
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-IntenseCustServ View Post
    Cane Creek came out to do some testing with us on the DB Inline a few months ago and I was able to ride laps with it. Pretty crazy how well it rode! Tracks well, super supple small bump sensitivity and resists bottom out very well. The climb switch also works great, very similar to the CS on the DB Air. Absolutely my favorite shock at the moment.
    Thanks Sam, does the DB inline have a stronger climb switch mod for climbing than the CS? Trying not to sound to much like a xc nerd but my weak knees and poor fitness hasn't left warm fuzzy feeling when I get to a long super steep climb. I may get rid of my M9 and use the T275 as my do it all dh/trail bike and get an other carbine or spider comp as my xc trail bike, or dare I say it a SC solo

I fix your broken ****!
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    Thanks Sam, does the DB inline have a stronger climb switch mod for climbing than the CS? Trying not to sound to much like a xc nerd but my weak knees and poor fitness hasn't left warm fuzzy feeling when I get to a long super steep climb. I may get rid of my M9 and use the T275 as my do it all dh/trail bike and get an other carbine or spider comp as my xc trail bike, or dare I say it a SC solo
    The CS on the DB Inline had a very similar feel to the one on the DB Air in my opinion. Maybe just slightly better, maybe I was just overly excited to ride it, who knows! haha

If you buy a solo Andrew and I will not forgive you!!!
    Sam Wilson
    Jack of All Trades
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast