Quote Originally Posted by motoguru2007 View Post
    Wont have to wait , this is the Uzzi...
    Not so sure about that...

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Who's got one?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I have had one for a week now. Ive rode it three times now and will have a complete ride report by the end of the week. Waiting on a new wheelset that will be here today.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

New Intense T275 Carbon-image.jpg

I'll be riding it tomorrow
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

New Large Tracer T275

I got my large Tracer T275 almost 2 weeks ago and have had about 6 rides on it at this point. I finally have some ok pics to post as well. I thought I'd offer my perspective on this new ride as I have had pretty much every VPP trail bike that Intense has put out. Starting with the SC Blur, 5.5, 6.6, Tracer VP, Uzzi VP, Carbine 26 and then Carbine 275 and now a Tracer T275. I even had a Uzzi Dh at one time that was a really fun heavy trail bike back in it's day. I like to ride bikes that compromise a little on the climbing efficiency for better cornering, a bike that is easy to manual, more stable DHing and a all around more fun bike. The Uzzi VP that I had was built up very light at 31 lbs. and a very fun bike in the shorter travel mode with a RS Monarch Air and a 160mm RS Lyric Solo Air and a very lightweight wheel set. I say this because I think the Tracer T275 reminds me of the Uzzi VP a little. T275 feels very stable at higher speeds going downhill. It carries speed so well that the bike encourages you to let it go faster. I found myself coming into corners far faster than I'm used to and having to really brake hard. Coming from the Carbine, the T275 feels more like it is leaning more toward the Uzzi VP in short travel mode but much lighter and more efficient. For those of you that are wondering why Intense would release a new frame that is so close to the Carbine 275. I think that the two bikes are very similar but the T275 is a no compromise Enduro Race bike. I think that there is still room in the Intense line up for the Carbine however. Much like the Carbine SL was intended. It would be a good idea for Intense to do some refining of the Carbine much like the T275 with internal routing, stealth routing, dedicated axle, carbon pivot bores instead of alloy(carbine) and last but not least, the beautiful new lines of the T275 frame are simply sexy. The Carbine could be more of a Trail bike, maybe lighter weight with 145mm 150mm. Maybe a little more climbing friendly.
    The T275 climbs well but I would say that the Carbine was pretty much just as capable. Where the T275 really stands apart from the Carbine is when you point it DH. You can feel the slightly longer wheelbase and the lower BB but it does corner like on rails. The frame does feel stiffer than the Carbine but I am also running Industry 9 wheels and I was on Stan's Crest wheels on the Carbine.
    Overall I thought I'd try to compare the T275 to other recent Intense offerings. I hope this helps any of you decide if this should be your next bike.

Here is the build:
    Large T275
    RS Monacrch RC3
    RS Pike Solo Air 160mm
    Industry Nine Trail Wheelset
    Sram XX1, 32T
    Shimano XT Brakes
    Cane Creak HS
    Raceface Carbon bar
    Ergo Pro Carbon seat
    RS Reverb Stealth dropper post
    Schwabe Nobby Nic front/ Razor Rock rear
    Thomson 70mm stem
    Crank Brothers pedals

26 lbs. 14 oz.

New Intense T275 Carbon-img_1203.jpgNew Intense T275 Carbon-img_1209.jpgAttachment 886473New Intense T275 Carbon-img_1206.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Intense T275 Carbon-img_1211.jpg  

mtbr member
    Ride, your bike looks rad! Glad your happy i should have mine finished this morning and hopefully have a ride in this afternoonNew Intense T275 Carbon-image.jpg I'll have some better pics

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Nice T275s

Just one comment about the Carbine in regards to descending is that the right shock can transform that frame into a great descender... for me it was bolting on the BOS Kirk.

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    Ride, your bike looks rad! Glad your happy i should have mine finished this morning and hopefully have a ride in this afternoon I'll have some better pics
    Needz carbon hoops!
    Nice steed you have there. Bring it to Highland!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Needz carbon hoops!
    Nice steed you have there. Bring it to Highland!
    Rims have been ordered Mr STI

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Im sure that a rear shock like the BOS and DB Air would definitely be a improvement from the Fox. I thought the Carbine was a pretty good decender but I think the T275 is better. The lower BB and little longer WB help. The frame is noticeably stiffer as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    So, pedals great, descends better.

I'm seriously considering this bike to replace my 650b heckler.

I really like the heckler, but am doing a full race season w/ the CA enduro series, downieville and xc thur night races.
    so,
    I think dropping some weight and having a more refined rear suspension may pay off this summer.

any thoughts on this bike vs the heckler, and the comments about it squating down into the travel on techy uphill moves, ledges etc in some pro reviews.

Thx!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I guess I can understand these comments from the reviews that you mentioned. I read them as well. In the long travel position, the bike tends to squat a little more than some designs out there especially when standing up and really laying down some power when climbing on techy steep, slow stuff. This is where the bike reminds me a little of the Uzzi VP that I had. It has little longer(wheelbase) so techy, turny climbing is a little tougher than I imagine the heckler to be. But in the short travel mode, the bike climbs much better.
    I'm not sure how many others out there do this, but the rides around here usually start with a long consistent climb and then a long consistent downhill. So I have always started my rides with the sag(rear shock air pressure) set with the bike in long travel mode but then put the bolt in the short travel position. You can then change to long travel mode when you get to the top and have the rear shock setup for the DH. The air pressure will be a little high when climbing but I have found that I barely notice it. Rider positioning is better in the short travel position as it puts the rider above the pedals more which allows for better power transfer whereas int he longer travel mode, you kinda feel like the pedals are in front of you a little.
    I can't speak to the comparison between the Heckler and the T275 but I do think that you would find this ride to be much more efficient and refined. The frame is a work of art as well. I miss the welds that made me a lifer on Intense bikes but there is something futuristic about the way carbon frames flow from front to back. Seamless. I had a Carbine prior to this frame. I thought the Carbine was beautiful but the T275 is on another level as far as looks. The rear triangle alone is a big improvement.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Thanks VG! so does yours. Enjoy the ride! I hope you like to go fast

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridnw/bear View Post
    I guess I can understand these comments from the reviews that you mentioned. I read them as well. In the long travel position, the bike tends to squat a little more than some designs out there especially when standing up and really laying down some power when climbing on techy steep, slow stuff. This is where the bike reminds me a little of the Uzzi VP that I had. It has little longer(wheelbase) so techy, turny climbing is a little tougher than I imagine the heckler to be. But in the short travel mode, the bike climbs much better.
    I'm not sure how many others out there do this, but the rides around here usually start with a long consistent climb and then a long consistent downhill. So I have always started my rides with the sag(rear shock air pressure) set with the bike in long travel mode but then put the bolt in the short travel position. You can then change to long travel mode when you get to the top and have the rear shock setup for the DH. The air pressure will be a little high when climbing but I have found that I barely notice it. Rider positioning is better in the short travel position as it puts the rider above the pedals more which allows for better power transfer whereas int he longer travel mode, you kinda feel like the pedals are in front of you a little.
    I can't speak to the comparison between the Heckler and the T275 but I do think that you would find this ride to be much more efficient and refined. The frame is a work of art as well. I miss the welds that made me a lifer on Intense bikes but there is something futuristic about the way carbon frames flow from front to back. Seamless. I had a Carbine prior to this frame. I thought the Carbine was beautiful but the T275 is on another level as far as looks. The rear triangle alone is a big improvement.
    I have to admit, Ridnw, this post has just about talked me out of this ride.
    seems it may be too descent oriented for me if you like to change travel modes for climbing and descending. in some bikes, my heckler included, I'll change compression from fully open to trail, but many bikes I even leave fully open always (dw bikes).
    a race like downieville, you climb for 1hr, then descend for most of 1.25 to 1.5hrs. no time for changing anything in setup after blasting your lungs for 4k vert.

one question, does changing the travel change the bb height?
    maybe running this one at 150 w/ my 150 travel fork would be a good compromise, but I don't want to lower the bb anymore.

also, I really hate the feeling of being being behind the pedals you mention. that is why I liked the 74 seat angle on this one on paper.

thx,
    Holiday

mtbr member
    May 2013
    "maybe running this one at 145 w/ 150 travel fork would be a good compromise,"

I'm wondering about how this one would perform set up this way. I like the room-ier reach on the frame. I want a little less bike than 160/160 although the option for converting on a rowdier sunday is appealing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I dont think that there is really a need to change back and forth between travel modes during one ride, I am just kinda a nerd like that As is with all Intense frames, they are designed to be used as either a 160mm fork/ bolt in long travel mode setup or 150mm fork/ bolt in short travel mode setup. Not back and forth during the same ride, I just find that I like to climb in the short travel mode better than the long. However, I dont mind climbing in the long travel mode. It's plenty efficient, it's just doesnt climb as well. I think for your purpose, you could do a travel adjust fork or a RS Pike in 150mm and have a $40 160mm travel rod that is really easy to install on hand for most of your riding. The T275 does climb well in short travel mode and a 160mm pike so maybe having a 150mm fork is not all that important.
    I'm pretty sure that there is no change in BB height or HA when changing between the two positions just leverage ratio on the rear shock.

Its good to have options in how you set the bike up.

Just to add to this. I did a ride today that has a lot of ups and downs in it. Short fun, flowy downhills followed by 5 -20 minute climbs. I used the long travel mode the whole time and loved it. It climbed well and the compression in the rear was wide open. I also rode the bike a few days ago on the same trail in the short travel mode and felt like I was faster. I say this because I think the bike is more fun in long travel mode but probably faster in short travel mode unless you intend to do some serious DH. The T275 in long travel mode feels like it can handle some pretty tough Enduro courses like I've seen they have over in europe.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I do like the long top tube on this. It is roomy. Im running a 70mm stem and might try a 60mm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    Ride, your bike looks rad! Glad your happy i should have mine finished this morning and hopefully have a ride in this afternoonClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	886527 I'll have some better pics
    Did you ride your new bike yet? Curious what you think if the ride.

Lord of the Chain Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguru2007 View Post
    Wont have to wait , this is the Uzzi...
    I went from an Uzzi to a Tracer 275. I did not notice much difference in the Tracer 275 at the 6inch travel setting and the Uzzi in the 7 inch setting. This might be why Intense isn't pumping out a 275 Uzzi.
    Uzzi

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridnw/bear View Post
    Did you ride your new bike yet? Curious what you think if the ride.
    Hay ridnwn, i have gotten out on three rides so far. Still dialing my suspension. Forks a little stiff and rear shock is a little soft. My home town trails that I know so well and will be the true test for the bike, are still under snow or really muddy. Hopefully this weekend I'll be riding them to get true brake down of this beauty.New Intense T275 Carbon-image.jpg
    New Intense T275 Carbon-image.jpg

My last ride was a true spank fest, I was riding with a very fast in shape rider on a 29er stumpy. We were riding his home trails that were smooth flowy single track. I have a 32 tooth front ring which was not helping my preseason legs any.

For the most part i could stay with him on the climbs. Only when he jumped out of the saddle he would start to slowly pull away. I couldn't match him riding like that with the way i had the rear shock set up. But I could slowly pull him back if I just stayed seated and put the power to the peddles.

The bike feels longer in the front than the carbine and shorter in back, like 3/5 of the bike is in front of you, instead of being more balanced like the carbine. I could feel the wheel base was longer with the tracer C. I felt myself weighting the front wheel more to get it to steer throw a flat turn. I could have been really tired to. But i do know that feeling pretty well, when i ride my M9.

The bike jumps very well. As well as flying off drops. I hit a few 4 foot drops, that felt much smaller even with the fork being to stiff. I noticed the length of the bike when I needed to low speed wheelie drop the bike, i was a little to far back to pick up on the bars. Something I'm sure I'll get used to.

This thing just screams on the DH! I was riding with 5 guys that knew the trails very well. Two where more DHers than xc guys, I felt I could ride much faster than them, and could easily make up lost ground behind them. Even the fast 29er guy, mentioned how fast the bike was rolling when I stayed with him on trails that his bike should be faster on.

I'll keep updating as I ride. Ones thing for sure this is a high quality bike!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Best bike I've ever ridden. CCDBA-cs on the rear. Pike up front. Pro build - X01 drivetrain, XT brakes, flow ex wheels, answer carbon 780 bar, specialized purgatory grid rear tire and High roller 2 3c tr up front. Setup Tubeless. Large. 29.12 lbs on a park scale. My ccdba-cs adds .45 lbs. Can't imagine those I9 wheels, xx1 and tires are that much lighter to get down to 26.18 lbs like ridenw/bear's is though. 3lbs is a lot!

Either way, I've had a tracer 2 for the past couple years and this thing destroys it on the downs and ups. It's longer than the tracer 2 so I find it climbs better and it seems to make you go faster on the flats and downhill. I thought my tracer 2 jumped great, but this thing propels you off jumps. I was landing at the bottom of the transitions of jumps that I usually have to throw the bike in front of me to make.

Literally the most fun I've had on a bike in the past four years. Past four bikes being: T27.5 L, Specialized Carbon Enduro expert L, Tracer 2 L, Giant Reign 0 L.

As far as the ccdba-cs goes, I have no idea if it's the suspension on this bike, or the shock, but the stock tune mates to this pike perfectly. The 1/2 lb penalty seems worth it to me, however I haven't ridden one with a Monarch plus, so I can't make that comparison.

If you can make it work, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I like to buy and sell a bike every year to stay current, but I can see myself holding on to this one for a few years.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    Best bike I've ever ridden. CCDBA-cs on the rear. Pike up front. Pro build - X01 drivetrain, XT brakes, flow ex wheels, answer carbon 780 bar, specialized purgatory grid rear tire and High roller 2 3c tr up front. Setup Tubeless. Large. 29.12 lbs on a park scale. My ccdba-cs adds .45 lbs. Can't imagine those I9 wheels, xx1 and tires are that much lighter to get down to 26.18 lbs like ridenw/bear's is though. 3lbs is a lot!

Either way, I've had a tracer 2 for the past couple years and this thing destroys it on the downs and ups. It's longer than the tracer 2 so I find it climbs better and it seems to make you go faster on the flats and downhill. I thought my tracer 2 jumped great, but this thing propels you off jumps. I was landing at the bottom of the transitions of jumps that I usually have to throw the bike in front of me to make.

Literally the most fun I've had on a bike in the past four years. Past four bikes being: T27.5 L, Specialized Carbon Enduro expert L, Tracer 2 L, Giant Reign 0 L.

As far as the ccdba-cs goes, I have no idea if it's the suspension on this bike, or the shock, but the stock tune mates to this pike perfectly. The 1/2 lb penalty seems worth it to me, however I haven't ridden one with a Monarch plus, so I can't make that comparison.

If you can make it work, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I like to buy and sell a bike every year to stay current, but I can see myself holding on to this one for a few years.
    Mine came in at 28.12 I have a max HR front and back and race face C bars but same build and size as you, i dont see why Ridens bike cant be that much less. The first thing i learned in drug dealing school is grams add up to pounds

How does the T275 comprare to the C endro?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast