Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aliikane View Post
    My guess is that they are gonna close out the Carbine that has some issues and made the new Tracer 27.5 that has the necessary corrections.

For example, I just got my Carbine 27.5. 3 rides on it and I already have tire clearance issues. Running a 2.3 Maxxis Minnion DHR tire which should be a standard tire for this rig and it is rubbing when I bottom out. So, I took the air out of the shock and compressed the suspension and the tire touches the seat tube. Now, I have to run it at 5.5" (low travel 140mm) which makes the ride unbalanced with a 160mm fork or get a small tire with less tread. Not good.
    I'm running a 2.25 Hans Dampf which is a bigger volume tire and no issues at full travel that I can see.

Grams Light Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster1200 View Post
    Apparently the "reviewer" [advertorial writer] wasn't paying attention.

- The travel is adjustable to 145 mm, not 140 mm.
    - This bike does not have G1 dropouts.
    - The bottom bracket was not raised to 13.5". Heck, if that's actually correct, the bottom bracket was lowered to 13.5".
    - The explanation of the brake forces applied to the rear mount is made-up BS.
    - Yes, Intense refers to this bike as the Tracer T275, not Tracer 275C as the 'author' described.

If you want a more accurate and meaningful review, check this out: 2014 Intense Tracer T275 Carbon Pro ? Reviews, Comparisons, Specs ? Mountain Bikes - Vital MTB
    I had mistakenly put the G1 dropouts, in there that was my error. Before they officially launched their new web site the spec I was given the 140mm travel figure. I had corrected both of those values 2 days ago. And the normal alloy Tracer 275 has a 13.3" bb height while the 275C has a 13.5".

As far as the braking info, I can't vouch for that, that was the info I was given from the engineers at Seed Engineering, who said they tested the forces.

Again, they altered the name of the bike from the press camp info, I was originally given the naming of 275C. Notice the same issue with Pinkbike?

Grams Light Bikes
    The Carbide 275 Carbon is a 150mm bike, while the T275 is a 160mm bike.

Grams Light Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePigMatt View Post
    Anyone else noticed the geometry chart in the intense site is slightly different to the ones on pinkbike/nsmb etc? Mainly slightly longer reach and wheelbase measurements, as well as an extra large size! Anyone know which geo chart is correct?
    Intense gave the press some early specs and geometry charts, and after we published our articles on the bike, their new web site had different numbers. They also changed the name on us from 275C to T275.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    One of the articles touted a "industry leading" stand over clearance of 28". For me this a huge spec and I've been waiting/hoping for the 31.4 on the site to change. Any ideas on which is true?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zootsuitbass View Post
    One of the articles touted a "industry leading" stand over clearance of 28". For me this a huge spec and I've been waiting/hoping for the 31.4 on the site to change. Any ideas on which is true?

I measured 28"

I fix your broken ****!
    Sam Wilson
    Jack of All Trades
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

mtbr member
    I liked the roots.....and the doxies!

Trail Ninja
    I like the new rear swingarm and how the stealth routing is now out the seat tube. The carbon designs are getting better with each generation. Looks a bit more like a Santa Cruz, though on one of the last gen carbon Intense frame, the inside didn't look very smooth. Hope that was improved this time. Hopefully less chance of creaking in the new rear triangle too.

I gotta say, the basic 1 solid color Intense decal, especially the font chosen for it, look lame. The Tracer T275 decal looks nice though. I don't have a prob with red or grey, but either the camera and lighting sucked or those are dull/soft shades of red and grey. The red scheme looks good in general, especially with the subtle contrast of white text, but I wonder if it would be better if it were a deeper red. Whoever's behind these decals, and other decals such as the Spider 29 Comp top tube decal (Blk/Gold version), is/are an embarrassment to Intense; I'd rather have a nude frame than those decals. Considering the $3199 asking price for the frame, 10% of that could've bought a much nicer finish.
    Last edited by Varaxis; 03-21-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Not Bad
    Love the look of the new bike, can't wait to give it a go soon!
    2015 Trek Remedy 9.9 27.5" on the way!
    2015 Trek Farley 8
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2014 Cove Hummer 650bj29

Code:

Instagram

Old school BMXer
    Quote Originally Posted by pastajet View Post
    Intense gave the press some early specs and geometry charts, and after we published our articles on the bike, their new web site had different numbers. They also changed the name on us from 275C to T275.
    Yes, I don't doubt they changed the name...and the specs. And as such, Intense's claimed specs have commonly been off from the actual specs. For example, you mentioned that the Tracer 27.5 had a bottom bracket height of 13.3", but I don't think any bike actually had a BB that low. Unless they had 26" wheels in the 27.5 dropouts.
    May the air be filled with tires!

Old school BMXer
    I recently saw some pics of the complete bike, and while the internally routed cables - or most of them - look great, the dropper cable is routed right down the top of the down tube. Looked like hell. How the hell could they have screwed that one up so badly. Was there some engineering issue that prevented them from doing that properly?

Not Bad
    I recently saw some pics of the complete bike, and while the internally routed cables - or most of them - look great, the dropper cable is routed right down the top of the down tube. Looked like hell. How the hell could they have screwed that one up so badly. Was there some engineering issue that prevented them from doing that properly?
    Yes apparently the angle near the BB would be too tight for cable actuated dropper posts to function correctly.
    2015 Trek Remedy 9.9 27.5" on the way!
    2015 Trek Farley 8
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2014 Cove Hummer 650bj29

Code:

Instagram

ride
    ...you mentioned that the Tracer 27.5 had a bottom bracket height of 13.3", but I don't think any bike actually had a BB that low. Unless they had 26" wheels in the 27.5 dropouts.
    My Tracer 27.5 measures just a hair over 13" with a Pike 150, High Roller II 2.4 front tire and Vigilante 2.3 rear tire.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Old school BMXer
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr View Post
    My Tracer 27.5 measures just a hair over 13" with a Pike 150, High Roller II 2.4 front tire and Vigilante 2.3 rear tire.
    Interesting.
    What's different on your bike than the ones described in this thread? (I know, most are Carbines, but aren't those about the same height?)
    What is the true Carbine 275 BB height with a Fox 34 150 and a Fox 34 160

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 7pointme View Post
    i'm just hoping that these geometry tweaks and the niceties like internal cable routing make their way to the aluminum tracer. I guess it's a little different because they're still selling through back-stock of the current tracer 275, but can sam or anyone comment on when we might see the updates to the aluminum tracer?
    x2!
    2009 Intense Tracer VP / On-One 456 / '99 Homegrown Factory

ride
    I'm running a Pike on the front. Little bit shorter fork than the Fox.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I've ridden all formats of both bikes, all size mediums - Tracer VP, Tracer 2, Tracer 275, Carbine SL, Carbine, and now the T275.

This bike blows everything out of the water! Light, low, true sizing, short chain stay, excellent shock rate, the right head angle, bb is low (sick, but took a ride to get used to), easy to build (internal routing was a breeze). The bigger wheels have more advantages and didn't notice any disadvantages.

I loved the Tracer 2, but the small bump and mid-stroke wasn't nearly as dialled as the T275.

Just try it. Then make a statement

Old school BMXer
    Quote Originally Posted by big bear View Post
    I've ridden all formats of both bikes, all size mediums - Tracer VP, Tracer 2, Tracer 275, Carbine SL, Carbine, and now the T275.

This bike blows everything out of the water! Light, low, true sizing, short chain stay, excellent shock rate, the right head angle, bb is low (sick, but took a ride to get used to), easy to build (internal routing was a breeze). The bigger wheels have more advantages and didn't notice any disadvantages.

I loved the Tracer 2, but the small bump and mid-stroke wasn't nearly as dialled as the T275.

Just try it. Then make a statement
    Good to hear!

My last Intense trail bike was the Tracer VP, and that thing was horrible, so I'm glad to hear they finally built a good frame again (the SlopeStyle was my favorite geometry-wise, but had lots of other issues - at least the second one was straight).

mtbr member
    What is the shock size and stroke?
    7.875 x 2.25 ? or 7.875 x 2.2?

Grams Light Bikes
    20057 mm (7.875 x 2.25 )

mtbr member
    Hmm, 200 x 57 (7.875 x 2.25)
    I hope so, that would mean my Bronson's CCDB Air CS would fit.

However If I check Cane Creeks web page they claim its 200 x 55 (7.875 x 3.5)
    but 55 mm isn't 3.5 inches....
    So I'm confused.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradical View Post
    Hmm, 200 x 57 (7.875 x 2.25)
    I hope so, that would mean my Bronson's CCDB Air CS would fit.

However If I check Cane Creeks web page they claim its 200 x 55 (7.875 x 3.5)
    but 55 mm isn't 3.5 inches....
    So I'm confused.
    Cane Creek has a typo on their site... its definitely 200 x 57, so your CCDB Air will fit.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Just waiting on a bottom bracket for my Next SL cranks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Intense T275 Carbon-bikepic.jpg  

Old school BMXer
    /\ Nice build!!!

Could you measure the bottom bracket height?

I was looking at Jenson's website, and they're showing the chainstay length as effective instead of actual. Sam, could you clarify if the 17" measurement is effective or actual? I believe Intense has always measured actual, but I don't recall.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast