Lets ride

New Intense owner! Tracer VP

Well I finally finished the build after about a week of getting the right parts and tools to git’er done. The build went pretty well, I did need a new headset, front derailleur and seat post. The cable routing was done a few times, I had to look at photos of other builds to see the best routing and I think I got it.
    One issue I noticed when tuning it is that the chain rubs on a bolt at the VPP link, I read on this site that there is a flush option that I have to get through my LBS. If anyone has done this can you post a link, it should be pretty easy, but it would be nice to go into it knowing how.
    I have not had a ride on it, I am in the Seattle area and we have been hit with an unusual amount of snow this year. It should be clearing in the next day or two so I should have a report this weekend. Oh, I am coming off a ’05 Kona Coiler, 6” coil trail bike. I wanted to lighten things up a bit for climbing and still have a great descending bike – hope this is it!
    So far the bike looks and feels great, the only negative so far is the paint or powder coat, it scratches pretty easy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    congrats!

It looks awesome!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    congrats!

It looks awesome!
    It sure is a beauty!!! Congrats,have fun on it,

nerfherder
    Nice, I like how it's on your bed.

mtbr member
    To get the flush bolt just call Intense, they will ship it to the store you bought the bike from. At least that's what I did.

If you can, post some pics of your cable routing. I'll be starting my build in the next few days and have also been looking at how others have done theirs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Nice build.

When you get your flush bolt, you will also get detailed instructions on installation (at least I did). It is pretty simple, get some blue loctite or thread locker from your local home depot (or whatever you have) for a couple of bucks. Unscrew the set screw on the left hand side of the swinglink (very small allen wrench to unscrew), pop off the c clip with a flathead screwdriver (very easy to do) and back out the old bolt. I held the link inplace so I did not have to realign things. Put a bit of blue loctite on the threads of the new flush bolt, push it through and tighten it to Intense's specs which will come with the bolt (I forget the torque spec but its pretty tight like 15ftlbs or something like that). Retighten the set screw and go riding (I think you are supposed to let loctite set for 12 hours or so before riding but I am not sure if this really matters). I am technically inept and it took me all of two minutes to do.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Looks awesome man! I'll be stoked to give that a demo ride, I'm sure it's kick-@ss.

Is the color "iron glimmer"?

Looks like you got some other new blingy bits on there too, nice.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bog-one
    Well I finally finished the build after about a week of getting the right parts and tools to git’er done. The build went pretty well, I did need a new headset, front derailleur and seat post. The cable routing was done a few times, I had to look at photos of other builds to see the best routing and I think I got it.
    One issue I noticed when tuning it is that the chain rubs on a bolt at the VPP link, I read on this site that there is a flush option that I have to get through my LBS. If anyone has done this can you post a link, it should be pretty easy, but it would be nice to go into it knowing how.
    I have not had a ride on it, I am in the Seattle area and we have been hit with an unusual amount of snow this year. It should be clearing in the next day or two so I should have a report this weekend. Oh, I am coming off a ’05 Kona Coiler, 6” coil trail bike. I wanted to lighten things up a bit for climbing and still have a great descending bike – hope this is it!
    So far the bike looks and feels great, the only negative so far is the paint or powder coat, it scratches pretty easy.

Beauty.
    What was the final weight as pictured?
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

OnTheTrailAgain
    Quote Originally Posted by bog-one
    Sweet bike!
    Beautiful!
    I can get arrested in at least 14 states for what I just did in front of my screen while looking at your bike!

Seriously though, clear coat your frame (making sure nothing gets into the cranks, fork, pivots, etc...).

I've seen some clear "tape" products that you can line the frame with (at least that would be great for underneath the downtube).

OnTheTrailAgain
    Quote Originally Posted by scruffylooking
    Nice, I like how it's on your bed.

Yeah, I caught that too!

Fruedian slip maybe?

Ahhh...true love!

Ain't she grand?

nerfherder
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndgen
    Ain't she grand?

No, she's hawt. Haha.

OnTheTrailAgain
    Quote Originally Posted by scruffylooking
    No, she's hawt. Haha.
    Flame on!

Lets ride

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW
    To get the flush bolt just call Intense, they will ship it to the store you bought the bike from. At least that's what I did.

If you can, post some pics of your cable routing. I'll be starting my build in the next few days and have also been looking at how others have done theirs.

I will give Intense a call this week and get the on the way.

I will take a few more pics of the cable roughing this week and get them posted.

Lets ride

This week

Quote Originally Posted by bpnic
    Beauty.

I plan on taking into the shop I got the frame from and I will put it on the scale to get the final weight! It's a lot lighter than my old bike.

Lets ride

Final weight

Quote Originally Posted by bpnic
    Beauty.
    Thanks.

Last night she weighed in at 31.6lbs. I might look into different tires, I don’t think the Maxxis UST are the lightest.

Just roll it......
    LB,

Holy crap dude.....that looks sick! Love to hear your ride impressions after you get some time on the rig.

You get that locally?

Cheers,
    EB

Lets ride

Ridin' good

Yo EB, I have had only one ride so far, the weather has been shite! It felt good, but I have been tweekin the RP23 and I think I have it in a good place now. The first ride I had a liitle too much air in the shock.
    Let me know when B'ham is clear of snow and standing water so can giver a real test!

I got if from Zeb (Fluidride).

LB

Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    LB,

Holy crap dude.....that looks sick! Love to hear your ride impressions after you get some time on the rig.

You get that locally?

Cheers,
    EB