mtbr member
    Mar 2008

New Intense owner

Hey all, I am the proud new owner of a 2003 M1. I wrote a big intro on the DH/FR forums, so i'll spare the length and show you the pics:

The frame is beat up, scratches and all that. I'd like to eventually strip it down and get it painted up again, so that leaves me with a couple questions. I think i'd like a more subtle bike to match my riding skill/style.. I'm new to DH. I was hoping to go for all black.

so, question 1: silly, but what's a good black? does intense have a nice black, or should I look at auto paint.

question 2: where can i get new decals, maybe more understated ones.. just something that says Intense perhaps.

if anyone with sick photoshop skills feels motivated feel free to illustrate my ideas.

Thanks everyone! I love this bike so far.
    Student @ Northeastern University
    DH ride - 2009 Commencal Supreme DH
    XC ride - 2007 FSRXC Comp

mtbr member
    Congrats on your lovely downhiller!!
    For decals,check out ebay.uk . There are some decals on right now...hurry.

mtbr member
    As you are in the USA you can get decals from Competitive Cyclist. Click on the link.

As for paint, Intense bikes are finished with powder coat. Any good powder coater could do it for you in your color of choice but it would be better if you found someone in your area that has experience coating bikes. Ask a local bike shop if they can recommend someone. Otherwise you could send the frame to Spectrum Powder Works. They do incredible work. They are not to expensive either. $155 for a frame in a singe color. You would have to ship it though.

Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I found a highly recommended local powdercoating shop, and I have the frame all ready to be stripped and coated. Still not sure on the color scheme though, I was hoping someone could do a quick chop job on my picture.

I have got two ideas
    1) All black, frame, rear swingarm/chainstay and whatnot

2) black frame with black linkage, and the rear bits silver (like the fork)

thanks so much!
    Student @ Northeastern University
    DH ride - 2009 Commencal Supreme DH
    XC ride - 2007 FSRXC Comp

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanged
    I found a highly recommended local powdercoating shop, and I have the frame all ready to be stripped and coated. Still not sure on the color scheme though, I was hoping someone could do a quick chop job on my picture.

I have got two ideas
    1) All black, frame, rear swingarm/chainstay and whatnot

2) black frame with black linkage, and the rear bits silver (like the fork)

thanks so much!
    INTENSE RED!!!!!!!