Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

New Intense mtnX/DJ frame

mtbr member
    Finally!!!!!!!!!!! I think I have to retire my old DJ frame

mtbr member
    Intense's product line has really exploded in the last few months. The new DJ looks awesome.

mtbr member
    Sweet! If I had the money I would own every type of Intense frame I could. I am looking to pick up the new road frame this year sometime! As for this DJ machine, the ol' Santa Cruz suddenly looking old!

I think the top/down tubes near the headtube really make the 6.6/socom/dj frame look extra sexy.

i might as well ask since someone is bound to... Can I put on a trail fork, get full seatpost
    extension so i can use it as a trail bike??

it would be sweet if intense made a trail/FR 5lb aluminum hardtail.. something that can rock on the downhills, be jumped, and climbed and take a 150-160mm fork. ie sinister ridge, sc chameleon, evil sovereign, etc etc.

mtbr member
    Bye Bye STP....... hello INTENSE hardtail.........it's been a loooooooong wait. Looks awesome.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I Want One!

mtbr member
    The only problem I see is that the tire clearance is a bit low on the chainstays. But I assume Intense will replace the tubes behind the BB with a beautiful machined part!
    BTW: I was kind of surprised to see the hardtail not having the Tazer VP front monocoque. Maybe monocoque can dent to easy when the bike is crashed?

mtbr member

Super cool

I thought i was going to have to buy a SC Hard tail to do BMX/ 4x Riding. Now i can kill My wimpy single speed and put the parts on a Intense DJ/4x bike i am stoked ! Great job Mr.intense your really hitting the market with just the coolest frames for shizzle. By the way what price point and when available??

One of the Many
    Looks like my Jackal will be for sale soon!

If the 2.25 tyre is clearing the frame, how much more room do you need anyway?

mtbr member
    crap, i was going to save up for a DH bike, but this my bring me back to the intense camp!

mtbr member
    PLEASE MAKE THESE!!!!!! I will then have an Intense for all uses, and I could get off my GIANT once and for all. E2

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Pricing?

One question we all have here at Intense is;
    What type of price can the market accept for this frame? They are not cheap to make so we need to be careful before going to production.
    What would you pay?

One of the Many
    If it is around the same price point or a little higher than either of the SC jump bikes, no contest. I'll buy the Intense everytime. If you go much higher than that, it is heading into custom cromoly price territory and if it is a choice between cromoly and alloy, the steel will win everytime.

Tough job to get it right.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pecusick
    What type of price can the market accept for this frame? They are not cheap to make so we need to be careful before going to production.
    What would you pay?
    If production costs are X and your margin is Y and the dealer's margin is Z, then I would say X + Y + Z = final asking price!
    Just give us a ballpark figure based on that. I don't think it needs a coolness surcharge!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pecusick
    What would you pay?
    I would think that most loyal INTENSE fans could/would swing upwards of 7-800 dollar range. When compared to brands like Ventana w/ their hardtail Mountain frames this wouldn't be unreasonable. Ride On- E2
    P.S. put me down for 1.

Recovering
    Look at other aluminum dirt jump frames handmade in the USA, like the Sinister DNA at $700. Beyond that price, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find the volume necessary to keep the price reasonable.

I'm a loyal Intense fan, but even I'd balk at an $800 dirt jump frame, when I can score a great steel frame for $400 or less.
    Former New Yorker, now in Fort Collins
    http://www.nycmtb.com

Old school BMXer
    I agree. $400-600 is reasonable, considering there are so many great frames in that price range. And since this frame is really nothing more than another aluminum frame with no special features or performance characteristics, I don't think it would be valued as much more than that....Unless you can come up with a bunch of mirrors and a smoke generator....

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I agree with this:

If it is around the same price point or a little higher than either of the SC jump bikes, no contest. I'll buy the Intense everytime :-)

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by robbieracer
    I agree with this:

If it is around the same price point or a little higher than either of the SC jump bikes, no contest. I'll buy the Intense everytime :-)
    I think I could swing $599.95 for some handmade Intense goodness.

mtbr member
    SC sells the jackal for $550 and Yeti sells their DJ for $571, so it seems like something around $500-600 would fit the bill.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    For $600 USD I would order one right away. (And worry about the geometry later)

A nice set, 5.5 EVP, Socom, MTnX..

One of the Many
    Quote Originally Posted by Email form Intense
    This prototype does have ISCG tabs and a 16" CS, 68.5 HA, 22" TT to start. It is still early in the design process so much could still change. We all like the 1.5" head-tube and adding replaceable dropouts with the choice of a 12mm axle, horizontal dropouts or the maxle are all definite possibilities.
    Just sounds better all the time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tkblazer
    SC sells the jackal for $550 and Yeti sells their DJ for $571, so it seems like something around $500-600 would fit the bill.
    Yeah, but I think the Jackal is Taiwan made. Rumor has it that only the Nomad is US made anymore. This bike is HANDmade in Cali, by real people who have a passion for their job and their hobby, they do multiple prototypes until they get it right and countless hours of testing.......and they take customer interest to heart and are always on MTBR scoping the latest news from us about them and their products.

Recovering
    The made in Taiwan Jackal is overpriced at $550, when most made-in-taiwan dirt jump frames run $350-450. For American-made handmade frames, I expect to pay more. $700 for a handmade Sinister DNA from Frank the Welder (based on a design he's been refining for many, many years) is a solid deal. I think $700-750 is the sweet spot for an Intense hardtail dirt jumper (handmade in the USA). More than that, and the number of frames they'll sell diminshes... just too far over the high end of the market.

To be perfectly honest, handmade in the USA is not as compelling a factor to me when shopping for a dirt jump frame. Cheaper with the right geo, but strong as hell and well-designed, are the biggest factors for me. These are bikes that get crashed a lot, thrown around, ejected and beat up... I want something that I'm not gonna cry about when I have to replace the frame every year or two.

Also, it just HAS to have some sort of decent single-speed option.
    Former New Yorker, now in Fort Collins
    http://www.nycmtb.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast