Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2012

New intense model coming, any guesses as to what?

Intense Continues Forward Momentum, Announces New CEO and CFO - Press Releases - Vital MTB

"...we will have a historic high level of inventory of our new bike which will be released in a couple of months from now."

My guess is a longer travel "enduro" bike, like a 650b CF uzzi.

mtbr member
    Something not offered in XL size.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Looking at their product lineup, they now list the Carbine, and the Carbine 275 under their bikes section of the website. While you can still backdoor to the Carbine SL, it's no longer a link under "The Bikes" menu. My personal hope would be something along the lines of the Santa Cruz 5010, which for Intense would be a 275 Carbine SL with adjustable travel in Carbon and aluminum options - aluminum would be the Spider 275?. Something like that would seem to jive with the quote about "historic high level of inventory of our new bike", as that would be a trail bike with a broader market appeal. But then that would be two bikes, right?

Would also be cool to see an M9, with a carbon front triangle while we're talking wishlists.

What's on your wish list for a new Intense bike? A departure from VPP?
    You guys wanna ride bikes?

mtbr member
    Intense has been behind the market as far as carbon bikes go.... most of the brand name companies already have full carbon DH bikes in their lineup. It's definitely time for a full carbon M9!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by highrevkev View Post
    Intense has been behind the market as far as carbon bikes go.... most of the brand name companies already have full carbon DH bikes in their lineup. It's definitely time for a full carbon M9!
    Can you please explain to me why there is need for a carbon M9?
    It will be max. 2 pounds lighter but probably significantly more expensive. After a crash you won't be able to check yourself if you have damaged the structure. And because of all those 200 pound people that NEED to have a bike that is 100 grams lighter they can't really make it superlight, FRO light!

Just FYI: GT went back to aluminum for their DH bike which didn't hurt the Athertons....I would rather say the opposite.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I pretty sure its a SOLO/5010 125mm 650B, Fills the 650B hole nicley and 125mm to 150mm 650B trailbikes are the big sellers now. 150 is covered, anything bigger like 170+mm is a small market.

I fix your broken ****!
    I already leaked the new bike in another forum recently, but I'll say it again.

Full suspension electric 650b fatbike. Get ready.

We also changed materials and are now using aerospace-grade bamboo
    Sam Wilson
    Jack of All Trades
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    My vote is for a 650b SL replacement, longer top tube, internal routing, WiFi etc with aftermarket rear end for current SL signatories.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-IntenseCustServ View Post
    Full suspension electric 650b fatbike.
    Now that's funny.

How about an M9 EVO carbon?

Lord of the Chain Rings
    M9 Carbon 275 - that is my bet. I would also like a 275 Uzzi. Aluminum is fine
    Uzzi

AKA Mr.Habanero
    More carbon. Maybe a departure of vpp? That was the very first thing l thought of. I bet more off shore production. Its probably too expensive to keep it here which is a shame. Hopefully they get a better website that has lots of useful tech on things. And hopefully better customer service.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    According to the article on Bikeradar it is a carbon downhill bike with 27.5 wheels.

Inside: Intense Cycles' California frame factory - BikeRadar

"Steber promises a rash of new products moving forward, including a carbon downhill bike (that will likely be designed around 27.5in wheels). Intense will officially unveil the first fruit of that labor on March 17. We're unfortunately sworn to secrecy until then but from the looks of things, Intense fans will like where the company is headed."
    Last edited by Danish Dynamite; 01-17-2014 at 06:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by panzer103 View Post
    More carbon. Maybe a departure of vpp? That was the very first thing l thought of. I bet more off shore production. Its probably too expensive to keep it here which is a shame. Hopefully they get a better website that has lots of useful tech on things. And hopefully better customer service.
    Departure from VPP might be possible. With the FSR patent expiring, I'm seeing a lot of new bikes becoming available with similar suspension setups (at least they look similar to me). I think they're happy with VPP though, and I believe that it also provides them with a beneficial relationship and bond to Santa Cruz. I read an article a while back about how Santa Cruz would send over new and prototype bikes for Intense to preview. Is that still the case Sam?
    You guys wanna ride bikes?

mtbr member
    You see all of the Euro bikes coming into the USA that are Horst Link (still can't call it FSR since they just bought the patent) so it is definitely open season for that suspension design now. Not sure Intense will go away from VPP, but the required long rear end on the Carbine 29 definitely shows some limitations. I think you will see several models from them including a carbon M9, Carbine 275 refresh with an outside shot at a 5010 like bike as well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    As long as the frames are still US made. I live in Canada but nonetheless, everything under the sun being made overseas hurts both countries.

I currently have no issues getting parts or service between my two favorite Intense dealers: Dunbar Cycles in Vancouver and Fanatic Fanatik Bike in upstate WA.
    -2000 Giant DH Team
    -2003 Balfa BB7
    -2004 Nicolai Nuclean ST
    *DH riding hiatus*
    -2011 Intense M9

Front Range, Colorado
    Built in the U.S.A. With traditional Intense race color choice of red with yellow graphics. Offered in carbon and aluminum would be ideal.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    superlight 650b fun xc bike with 4-4.75" adjustable travel is all i need in my flat country

Bikes!
    I'm going to put it out there and go with a carbon 'M' DH bike probably with 27.5" wheels, a WC level bike. But what I'd really like to see is a US made alloy trail bike, nice and light and whippy like the original FSR Tracers, can't see that happening to be fair...

Other possibilities could be an Uzzi 275 with 160-180mm travel, that would be pretty unique and niche at the moment.

An alloy 29" and 275 hard tail would be nice too, kind of like the new Yeti ARC in that they adjust the wheelsize according to the size of the frame/rider...
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2014 Intense Tracer 275
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite

mtbr member
    I think it is gonna be a 120mm 27.5 bike and 100mm 29 bike both carbon offerings. They have been seeing some pressure because Santa Cruz has been moving super fast in releasing numerous frames over the last year.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    More over SC and Spesh
    Last edited by big bear; 01-23-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Finally stateside again
    no one wants a 27.5 carbon 951. it would be way lighter then the m9. i think if they do come out with a carbon DH bike it wont be called an m9. it will be a total redesign from the ground up to rival the weight of the santa cruz v10. there is really no point in producing a dh bike thats heavy like the m9. i know many diehard m9 fans that have swapped to the v10 because the shave so much weight just from swapping frames.

i can also see intense moving carbon production into a new us factory. i remember jeff saying a few years ago before the carbine came out that it was just to expensive to produce it in the USA. i think they can see some benefit now in trying to set up a full USA production line of carbon bikes. it would allow them that quick and rapid prototyping that they have always been famus for and it would keep them a US company.

i can hope but we will have to see. i love intense and i am really hoping this keeps them at the forfront of the highend MTB industry

Another Monster.
    Oct 2004
    Carbon 4x hardtail, in 26", in red (white/yellow highlights) or black pretty please.

A lot of privateers used to use M3/6/9s but the widespread use of carbon in top dollar frames I believe has meant a move by some to the likes of SC/Devinci etc.

Yeh, they're damn expensive, but that's half the appeal for some I think.

edit:
    Not that I'm after a carbon dh bike myself or would be interested in one in the immediate future, but it's something that I've thought has been missing from their stable as a premium bike manufacturer.

Just Ride

New intense model coming, any guesses as to what?

I it would be great to see XL sizing across their full line.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I know what it is! (Said in snotty little brat voice)

It's gonna be sweet.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I don't believe you need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out... ;-)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast