My bikes hate me!

New girl I just met

She's no 6.6 but I lover her nonetheless.
    My first REAL hand-built ride. It's my first girl NOT from the East. It's kinda spec'd, though not fully complete. Are they ever fully complete? : I thought considerably about building a Tracer, a sub 30 pounder, but I wanted something a little more all-mountain inspired. I still wanna do AGGRESSIVE XC. No light-weight at 31.5lbs but built so I can beat the hell out of her and keep going.

mtbr member
    sweet lookin bike, is that a AM SL front fork? how does it ride? almost my tracer weighs 30.1 lbs so you're not too far off as far as weight goes and i have the same wheels as you so when i do end up going to a lightweight wheelset it should be closer to maybe 28lb weight

Lopen is sneller....
    Oct 2003
    There is a Dutch saying: "op een oude fiets moet je het leren"

My bikes hate me!
    The fork is a Marz. EXR pro coil. I have swapped the 5wt oil to 7wt. and it works GREAT. I dont do big stuff (anything over 4') on this bike, so 105mm with the oil setup I have is perfect. Plush on the small stuff, but does'nt bottom when I drop in.
    As far as the weight, I still have a wire bead rear tire, a HEAVY cassette, and full platform SPD's. I figure I can still shave about a pound off when I upgrade these parts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cranberry
    She's no 6.6 but I lover her nonetheless.
    My first REAL hand-built ride. It's my first girl NOT from the East. It's kinda spec'd, though not fully complete. Are they ever fully complete? : I thought considerably about building a Tracer, a sub 30 pounder, but I wanted something a little more all-mountain inspired. I still wanna do AGGRESSIVE XC. No light-weight at 31.5lbs but built so I can beat the hell out of her and keep going.

i think the old school uzzi's will never go out of style....great ride!

My bikes hate me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzzi
    There is a Dutch saying: "op een oude fiets moet je het leren"

There is an American saying too: "Lick theze nutz!"
    Just because I built an older machine does NOT mean I am just learning. That is very narrow thinking on your part.
    I built this bike because I love the old style Uzzi.
    I dont need to ride "The flavor of the month" to fuel my ego.

Lopen is sneller....
    Oct 2003
    There is an American saying too: "Lick theze nutz!"
    Just because I built an older machine does NOT mean I am just learning. That is very narrow thinking on your part.
    I built this bike because I love the old style Uzzi.
    I dont need to ride "The flavor of the month" to fuel my ego.
    Well I was more revering to the "new girl you just met" then the learning thing. Oh and I own a Uzzi SLX (she is also on the old side) and still learning every time I throw my leg over her (I'm still crap).

But your right in your translation...since it kind of means it's better to start learning IT with an older more experienced girl... Anyway I was not trying to imply you’re just learning and that you need the newest ride to be cool.
    Last edited by Uzzi; 01-23-2006 at 05:20 AM.

My bikes hate me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzzi
    Well I was more revering to the "new girl you just met" then the learning thing. Oh and I own a Uzzi SLX (she is also on the old side) and still learning every time I throw my leg over her (I'm still crap).

But your right in your translation...since it kind of means it's better to start learning IT with an older more experienced girl... Anyway I was not trying to imply you’re just learning and that you need the newest ride to be cool.
    The message was deffinitly lost in translation. I thought it was an insult. Sorry if I came accross as aggressive. As far as "learning" I think we are all still learning. I'm crap too
    Later,
    Cranberry

Death By Snoo Snoo

great bike

i had an uzzi sl up until this past summer... great bike, I had to send it in for a crash replacement for 5.5. I love the 5.5 but the sl was a very capable bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I am Dutch too and hes right, we are dealing with old ladies here. None the less they can be very tempting, haha. Well, not at my age but who cares...

My Uzzi is about 28 lbs with a Pike and Crossmax wheels. I used Thomson parts and other lightweight crap on it but you can see it worked out.

My bikes hate me!
    Post pics guys.....create an old school uzzi gallery

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Post pics guys.....create an old school uzzi gallery

Ok, already posted them but here you go:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Maybe not as old school as that

My 02 SLX

Still a great ride.

Currently I have the funds to buy most anything, but my short list is:
    Intense 6.6
    Ventana X5
    Foes FXR
    Canfield Balance
    Transition Dirtbag

I guess that's not too short now is it. I doubt I will be able to demo even 2 of them, so the choice is going to be agonizing....

Although aa's 6.6 is so sexy I almost want one just like it.

Peace,
    Marc
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by S.n.a.k.e.; 01-30-2006 at 11:22 PM. Reason: boy I svck at the typing
    Yesterday starts tomorrow, tomorrow starts today, and the problem seems to be we're picking up the pieces on the ricochet

Members who have read this thread: 1