mtbr member
    Nov 2004

New frame protection

Looking for advice on the best type of frame protection for my new bike when it arrives. I see some manufacturers have specific kits but can't see anything for Intense. Would like to keep it looking sharp for as long as possible from chainslap and rocks hitting the down tube while retaining the street rod looks.

Any help appreciated. Cheers.

Always in the wrong gear
    I have a lizard skins downtube patch that i got on Jenson USA Lizard Skins Carbon Downtube Adhesive > Accessories > Bicycle Protection > Frame Patches | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop. It's thick and takes a beating, but still looks great too.

mtbr member
    'Tentense...or Intenseman

mtbr member
    Frameskin

They don't have a specific Intense sets but their generic mountain bike set is pretty good. I used on my previous 3 bikes with great results.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Thanks for the responses guys. Like the Frameskin option best thanks inkisink and have made contact with them. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    You can also go to a Car window tinting place and ask for CLearBra tape. 3M makes it in different thickness'. It comes in sheets. Its much like the Frameskin but you have to cut it to fit yourself. Ive done all of my bikes for the last few years and it works great. Cost is less than half of the Frameskin price.

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    +1 on the clearbra. I made a template for the front triangle surrounding the lower link and bb for the carbine I can share. I was cheap and got 3.5" width clearbra off ebay which is exactly the size of the bb at it's widest point. Print the template, tape to the clearbra roll, exacto the tracing, came out perfect. If i'm bored, I'll make templates for other parts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Helicopter tape on ebay or amazon. Get in the widths you want and length.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm a big fan of the soft side of Velcro. It's cheap and easy to work with.

74 & 29 pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Coondog#77 View Post
    I have a lizard skins downtube patch that i got on Jenson USA Lizard Skins Carbon Downtube Adhesive > Accessories > Bicycle Protection > Frame Patches | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop. It's thick and takes a beating, but still looks great too.
    This is the best stuff EVER, but you can find it for better prices than that. You can call Lizard Skins and ask to buy a large sheet. I use it on down tubes, bottom brackets, and chain stays on all my bikes and it holds up well to the rocky desert here in AZ.
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

Rides a Bike
    Hi guys
    I am in discussions with the Australian importer for Intense bikes and will have a solution shortly. The Intense Hard Eddy kit I created recently looks pretty good - matte on matte is the bomb.
    Intense Hard Eddie 29 - Frameskin

Quote Originally Posted by inkisink View Post
    Frameskin

They don't have a specific Intense sets but their generic mountain bike set is pretty good. I used on my previous 3 bikes with great results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New frame protection-2013_hard_eddie_18.jpg  

New frame protection-2013_hard_eddie_16.jpg  

New frame protection-2013_hard_eddie_15.jpg  

New frame protection-2013_hard_eddie_14.jpg  

New frame protection-2013_hard_eddie_13.jpg  

New frame protection-2013_hard_eddie_11.jpg  

New frame protection-2013_hard_eddie_8.jpg  

New frame protection-2013_hard_eddie_5.jpg  

New frame protection-2013_hard_eddie_3.jpg  

Frameskin™ Bike Protection Film
    Protect your plaything!
    www.frameskin.com
    Supporting Kowalski Brothers Trailworks

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hkenshin View Post
    +1 on the clearbra. I made a template for the front triangle surrounding the lower link and bb for the carbine I can share. I was cheap and got 3.5" width clearbra off ebay which is exactly the size of the bb at it's widest point. Print the template, tape to the clearbra roll, exacto the tracing, came out perfect. If i'm bored, I'll make templates for other parts.
    Anychance you could email that template, it would be greatly appreciated !

easternstatescup@hotmail.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hkenshin View Post
    I'd love a copy of the Carbine template you made!! Can you send it to me? I just picked up a 2012 carbine (size medium) in new condition and Id like to keep it that way! Message me and I'll happily send you my email address.