Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

New dropouts for Uzzi/Socom

My local bike shop said that Intense is going to release some new dropouts for the Uzzi VPX/Socom that will lower the bb height about an inch. Has anyone heard about this?

I love my Uzzi, however a lower bb would make it a whole new bike!

mtbr member
    They are talking about this for over a year now. Wish it would finally happen.
    I am currently waiting on the quote from a machine shop to have some made. If Intense would release them it would save me a lot of effort (and probably money).

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    My bike shop seemed to think they would become available in the next couple of months. Anyways, I am stoked with the thought of it. Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up so quickly.

mtbr member
    That would be great news...I hope it is true.

rain rain go away...
    i hope it's true.

Oh, So Interesting!
    yup, I'd buy some

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

mtbr member
    I am going there tomorrow & will put it on my list of things to ask about.

Other subjects on my list are:
    -Spring rate/curve of the tracer & SS
    -angular bearing retro kit
    -maxle dropouts
    -CCDB tweaks

mtbr member
    Awesome...can't wait for your follow up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I hope my info is incorrect, but I spoke with Chad and Andrew from Intense at Interbike and they said it was a no go. Dropouts would be ideal, but their answer is what led me into this whole shortened eye to eye shock deal that I've been working on. Bummer. If anyone has any updated info I'd like to hear it. I've looked into having some dropouts made because I have connections to a machineshop but even with the connection you'd have to make a huge pile of them for it to be worth drawing up and programming a CNC.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spoker247
    I hope my info is incorrect, but I spoke with Chad and Andrew from Intense at Interbike and they said it was a no go. Dropouts would be ideal, but their answer is what led me into this whole shortened eye to eye shock deal that I've been working on. Bummer. If anyone has any updated info I'd like to hear it. I've looked into having some dropouts made because I have connections to a machineshop but even with the connection you'd have to make a huge pile of them for it to be worth drawing up and programming a CNC.

well, i'm taking mechanical engineering technology, and want to buy an SS. If i get an SS and there are no dropouts, i'll make some CNC plans for a maxle.

mtbr member
    I pm'd with Mr. Intense a while ago and got the impression they are seriously looking into it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    i hope they do a maxle one too

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    This would make me a very happy boy... My Uzzi would move off the 'items to sell' list.

mtbr member

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one guys

Took the tour & chatted it up with Chad yesterday at Intense, asked about the dropouts & the response I got was "eh ..... maybe". The issue being that it would be great but would be a one-off item made just for an out of production bike. The bikes in production already have a pretty low BB height & there isn't enough demand to make those any lower.

The shining glimmer of hope is the potential for the 2009 Uzzi MIGHT have adjustable dropouts that could be applied to the Uzzi VPX.

It was also stated that the MAXLE dropouts weren't high on the priority list either since there may be yet another standard coming down the line.

I'll post some pictures from the tour once I get back home.

Dre

mtbr member
    The retro kit is pretty easily done BTW.
    Don't drink it

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    From a business standpoint, I can see why they would not make this a big priority. Why go back and change an out of date model?

Although... based on my experience, and the responses to other threads, the listed BB height was not accurate. I think integrity is a big deal to Intense, hopefully they will see this as a product integrity issue and offer a retrofit (at the consumers cost).

Boyeeee
    There was noise about this when the Uzzi was still in production.

If something comes out, I'm definitely in for a set of 135s.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I had them made for my socom. It was quite expensive (250euro) because it was a one off.
    Now I am on a 65.2degree head angle and 14.2inch BB.
    I am currenly working on offset cups to get a 64degree head angle.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    You should have another pair made because I will buy them!!!

Boyeeee
    Sign me up for a set of 135x12.

Haven't we done this before?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    You should have another pair made because I will buy them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCBlur
    Sign me up for a set of 135x12.

Haven't we done this before?
    I am not a company trying to sell parts. I am a student who had them made by a local machine shop just for me.
    If you really want the shop make some for you guys it might be possible but you should pm me about it, but I cant guarantee anything.
    I currently only have drawings for a 150X12 hub.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I would be very intersted as well !!
    I personaly wouldnt mind paying you extra money for your trouble. Ims ure if you got a bunch of set made up people would be willing to pay up front. I would!!

mtbr member
    Why not just buy the drawings and then find a machine shop that can make them for you? I think it would save djamgils the hassle of going out and getting it done.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Yea i mean i think i may have found a shop that can do it so i would hapily give you something for the drawings ?

mtbr member
    I can put together a few sets if there is enough demand. I built a monster Socom 29er a few seasons ago and fabricated some drop out similar to the ones djamgils has pictured.
    There is quite a bit or labor involved and they are not absolutely perfect because they are welded up not CNC cut.

To get a set drawn up and cut on a CNC would be over a grand a side.

What are riders willing to pay for a set?

I bought a set of extra drop outs for the frame I have (came with 150's and wanted 135's as well) They were stupid expensive. I can't even remember because I think I blocked it from my memory.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast