mtbr member
    Dec 2005

New question here. New bearings other than Enduros?

I want to replace the lower pivot bolt bearings (the ones at the box link) on my 6.6 and SS with new ones other than Enduro maxtypes. I remember reading about some SKF and japanese bearings on the Intense forum. Which bearings have you been using and what are your experiences in comparison to the Enduros?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuzi
    I want to replace the lower pivot bolt bearings (the ones at the box link) on my 6.6 and SS with new ones other than Enduro maxtypes. I remember reading about some SKF and japanese bearings on the Intense forum. Which bearings have you been using and what are your experiences in comparison to the Enduros?

Cheers

Look up Timken, S.K.F. bearing, and F.A.G.bearing. See what they offer in that size.
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Are the new ones supplied with the Tracer VP made by Enduro? I would consider going to that Zerk setup before simply replacing with the same style of bearings.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

I think I heard that the new ones are enduro 7001's...

they are angular contact bearings so they should take a side load better then the 6001. I know SKF and other manufacturers make bearings with the same specs of the 6001 but I'm not sure about the angular contact version (7001). If anyone knows of the please post!

I've been waiting for the retro kit so I can give that a try and see if I can get at least 6 months of PNW riding in without a rebuild and I would much rather complete the set up with a high quality bearing like and SKF.

Has anyone seen or tried the retro kit yet?

My buddy just got a brand new tracer and brought it over the other day and I really wanted to pull apart the lower linkage to see what the innards looked like compared to my 6.6, for some reason he wouldn't let me do it...