mtbr member
    Jul 2013

In need of a '07 Intense 5.5 EVP rear triangle

The problem: I bent my rear triangle (non drive side chain stay) in a crash. As a result, the distance between dropouts when not under tension measures about 142mm. I was told by my LBS that the bend is stable (ie w/o cracks, sharp edges, etc.) so as far as safety, it is ok to continue riding. All seems well when the QR is closed, but the shifting, especially in the the smallest three cogs, is a bit off; the bike "ghost" shifts. I've replaced the cassette, chain, chainrings, the derailleur and derailleur hanger in hopes of fixing the "ghost" shifting, but to no avail. I've been told that the bend has is most likely the source of the problems and that I should just accept it until I can get another bike.

I'd like to keep this bike rolling for at least 2 more years. So, does anyone have a rear triangle in good, used condition that they'd be willing to part with?

I ride a Large, works raw. It was purchased in late '07, so it may be an '08 frame.
    Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

5.5 EVP frame

Hey, saw your post.

I have my old 5.5 frame available. Small crimp/dent in the downtube. It has newer lower linkage bolts (c-clip style) and the one piece upper linkage which I ordered from Intense. It's black and has a 2012 Fox RP23 boost valve shock.

Looking for $400 plus shipping. If interested I can send pictures. I am in Canada but am headed on vacation in New York next week and can ship in the USA.

Sean

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Still looking for the triangle?

I sent you a PM a few days ago. I have one in works from an '08 5.5.
    Romani ite domum