mtbr member
    May 2008

NATHAN RENNIE back ... on INTENSE??!!

Hi
    Heard Rennie is going back to WC...and will be riding with Intense bikes + Sram Parts. This would be really awesome having a big boy on the track , smashing it with an m9!

外国人
    Jun 2007
    really? that would be very good news!!!
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start

mtbr member
    May 2008
    ya heard about that in an australian magazine and heard also about that in the pits at the world cups

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I think he should have to ride a 951 and either confirm or put to rest the cracking mythology of that bike.

Lord of the Chainrings
    Natural progression here....Yeti....Morewood....Santa Cruz.....Intense!

Give the man an M9 and watch the magic!

From www.nathanrennie.com

Hi Everyone
    As rumours have been flying, I just wanted to set the record straight. After poor finishes in the first few World Cup races in 2009, I decided to return home so that I can get as fit as possible for the World Championships in Canberra, Australia. Still 7th in the World!!! My luck was not on my side in 2009, with having big crashes that have opened old injuries, it's the best thing to do at this time. Also I have been working under a lot of pressure from sponsors and working in an uncomfortable environment.
    I decided to take this year off as well, sell my condo unit, and build a house. That's right! - build a house. Just call me "Stampy the Brickies labourer." It's not official yet, but I am looking to get back onto the Downhill Mountain Bike circuit in 2011.
    I just want to thank all the people, not only my sponsors, for understanding my position, and hope to see you all in 2011.
    Cheers, Nathan Rennie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NATHAN RENNIE back ... on INTENSE??!!-rennie-09.jpg  

Last edited by Mudd; 09-14-2010 at 09:08 AM.
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Go Rennie!!

Seeing him shredding on Intense bikes would be totally sick!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudd
    Natural progression here....Yeti....Morewood....Santa Cruz.....Intense!

Give the man an M9 and watch the magic!

From www.nathanrennie.com

Hi Everyone
    As rumours have been flying, I just wanted to set the record straight. After poor finishes in the first few World Cup races in 2009, I decided to return home so that I can get as fit as possible for the World Championships in Canberra, Australia. Still 7th in the World!!! My luck was not on my side in 2009, with having big crashes that have opened old injuries, it's the best thing to do at this time. Also I have been working under a lot of pressure from sponsors and working in an uncomfortable environment.
    I decided to take this year off as well, sell my condo unit, and build a house. That's right! - build a house. Just call me "Stampy the Brickies labourer." It's not official yet, but I am looking to get back onto the Downhill Mountain Bike circuit in 2011.
    I just want to thank all the people, not only my sponsors, for understanding my position, and hope to see you all in 2011.
    Cheers, Nathan Rennie
    hey, he's drinking a cream ale. i work at that brewery.

Lord of the Chainrings
    Brew up a special batch! Call it "Rennie M9"!

Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Sorry but Rennie is a big whiney yobbo. Dd anyone read his interview in Decline Magazine? He cried and whined about being relegated to second string rider at Santa Cruz after Minnaar joined the team. Gee, could it have had something to do with poor form? Rennie couldn't handle being on a team with better riders who achieved results and instead of blaming himself he blamed his team mates and sponsors. Yes he was attest rider once .........once.

Where's the chair lift?

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    Ahhh the Sleeman's Cream Ale! Always in our fridge when at Whistler. At least thats what it looks like in the pic.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Sounds good to me!

Lord of the Chainrings
    Nathan Rennie is BACK!

Nathan Rennie partners with INTENSE Cycles, SRAM, RockShox, Avid, Truvativ, and Fox Racing Apparel

The rumours are true - The Big Man is Back! After much anticipation, Nathan Rennie has returned to his home soil to take on the Australian National Race Series. Nathan does this with full support from Monza Imports, INTENSE Cycles, SRAM, RockShox, Avid, Truvativ, and Fox Racing Apparel and Protection.

It's official!......He's baaaaaaaack!
    Go here: http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/press-r...ie-is-BACK,183

Im a Cowboy
    Your a girl..right?
    DON'T TELL ME I'M STILL ON THAT FECKIN' ISLAND! ....

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thought you would all like to know that on a the weekend just gone, over here in Australia I watched Rennie smash out a few runs at a state race on a 951. It was great to see him riding DH again after some time off.

Lord of the Chainrings
    Any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by GUmtber
    Thought you would all like to know that on a the weekend just gone, over here in Australia I watched Rennie smash out a few runs at a state race on a 951. It was great to see him riding DH again after some time off.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm surprised I haven't seen any threads on the forum about this:

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/official-crcnukeproof.html

Lord of the Chainrings
    Hmmmmmmmm, perhaps an Intense Factory Team for 2011????

Quote Originally Posted by transporterman
    I'm surprised I haven't seen any threads on the forum about this:

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/official-crcnukeproof.html

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudd
    Hmmmmmmmm, perhaps an Intense Factory Team for 2011????
    For sure
    I asked Stik on RM and he said the process is now on, no details except that Kovarik will probably be on Intense next year

Some guy at Dirt website said the parties are not allowed to make any official statements now cause the current contract between Intense and CRC expires at the end of the year

Lord of the Chainrings
    Makes sense to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeRRge
    For sure
    I asked Stik on RM and he said the process is now on, no details except that Kovarik will probably be on Intense next year

Some guy at Dirt website said the parties are not allowed to make any official statements now cause the current contract between Intense and CRC expires at the end of the year

Enforcer
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gravityfreaky
    Sorry but Rennie is a big whiney yobbo. Dd anyone read his interview in Decline Magazine? He cried and whined about being relegated to second string rider at Santa Cruz after Minnaar joined the team. Gee, could it have had something to do with poor form? Rennie couldn't handle being on a team with better riders who achieved results and instead of blaming himself he blamed his team mates and sponsors. Yes he was attest rider once .........once.
    Pretty sure Rennie pulled some solid results even with Minaar on the team. (Off the top of my head 2nd in Canberra?) Its a pretty well known fact that Rennie got F*cked over by the morewood team he was on, I'm sure you would be pissed too if you were in his position, so his rant there is justified. BTW Decline is a horrible magazine
    Quote Originally Posted by holoholo
    why should I search google--when I can get a know-it-all like you to do it?
    Legend...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikazee ideki
    Pretty sure Rennie pulled some solid results even with Minaar on the team. (Off the top of my head 2nd in Canberra?) Its a pretty well known fact that Rennie got F*cked over by the morewood team he was on, I'm sure you would be pissed too if you were in his position, so his rant there is justified. BTW Decline is a horrible magazine
    Rennie only blamed himself for mistakes and poor results. I don't think he whined, although I read about some internal conflict within the Syndicate between him and Minaar a while ago