mtbr member
    Jun 2010

My new Spider 29 Comp!!!

I'm so stoked to get out and ride. Not sure on the weight, but it feels fine to me. I might change out the cassette and put on an XT one later. This is the XT build from XT with a couple of upgrades.

Specs:
    Medium frame
    Reverb Stealth post (Thomson post is standard)
    Thomson Stem
    FSA SL-K Carbon bars 740mm (their big, might need to trim them)
    Intense grips
    Intense Saddle
    Full XT components except SLX Cassette. (crank = triple)
    Fox float CTD 29 130mm Fork
    Fox float CTD Shock. - stock
    Industry Nine Enduro Hubs (red) (sun Ringle Black Flag Experts - standard)
    Stan's ZTR Flow Rims
    Schwalbe 2.35 Nobby Nics front and back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new Spider 29 Comp!!!-spider-29-comp-2.jpg  

My new Spider 29 Comp!!!-spider-29-comp1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Shout out needed

I highly recommend Randy from Filz Built Bikes in Springfield, VA. He worked with me from the start, great guy, great service. Small town service in a really big town (Washington, DC). Look him up if your buying Intense, he's the best.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Sick! Seeing these pictures is making me impatient for mine. I should have it by next week. Enjoy!
    Last edited by smithrider; 01-13-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Bikes!
    That looks fantastic, you must be very happy!
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2014 Intense Tracer 275
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    That bikes looks Killer.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Saxman - How are your Nobby Nic 2.35's fairing out back from a fit perspective? I just got my Spider Comp with 2.35 NN's as well and it looks pretty tight out back. There is room to spare but it looks like a lot of crap would get drug on the top of the tire rubbing on the front of the rear tirangle. There are zero issues with the width of the tire, just concerned about the height.

Appreciate the feedback!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by smithrider View Post
    Saxman - How are your Nobby Nic 2.35's fairing out back from a fit perspective? I just got my Spider Comp with 2.35 NN's as well and it looks pretty tight out back. There is room to spare but it looks like a lot of crap would get drug on the top of the tire rubbing on the front of the rear tirangle. There are zero issues with the width of the tire, just concerned about the height.

Appreciate the feedback!
    I was wondering the same thing, I had a Hans Dampf on the back and I was picking up little rocks in the tread that we're hitting and scratching the frame, so I switched them out to a 2.4 Specialized purgatory on the front and a 2.2 on the back. It has more clearance now but they look tiny compared to the high volume Hans Dampf's. I love the HD tire but I hate that it has clearance issues, I will definitely be keeping the HD for the front I just need something smaller in the rear so it doesn't eat up the frame.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I just picked up mine with the NN 2.35's and it is tight (in regards to height) to say the least. However, NN 2.35's are some of the tallest, balloony 2.35's made. I am swapping for NN 2.25 on the rear to be safe. Its the price you have to pay for short chain stays.

Other branded 2.3 and 2.35 tires would probably fit better than the Schwalbe line.