My Hard Eddie 2013

Printable View

• 01-13-2013
    colnago888
    1 Attachment(s)
    My Hard Eddie 2013
    Here's my Eddie, the Race Face cranks are going, replacing it with the Hollowgram SISL with 39/26 T configuration.

Frame: Hard Eddie Nude Carbon (M)
    Fork: Fox 32 Float 29 100mm with Kashima
    Seatpost: Easton Haven 400mm
    Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Flow carbon rails
    Cockpit: RaceFace Turbine Stem and NEXT SL 3/4 rise bar
    Grips: SRAM (ODI)
    Drivetrain: SRAM XX (X9 T2 RD)
    Brakes: SRAM XX
    Wheels: Stans ZTR Crest w/Shimano hubs Centrelock
    Tires: Schwalbe TL
    Crankset: Cannondale Hollowgram SISL 39/26
    Pedals: Shimano XTR Race M980
    Weight: 21 lbs

One anomaly with this frame, apparently, SRAM Crankset limitation 26T inner ring maximum. I tried putting on my Cannondale Hollowgram SISL with 132mm spindle and the 28T inner ring rubs the chain stay. Cannondale is making a 137mm spindle, not yet in the market, which should solve the problem. I'll stick with the 39/26 for the time being and put the 42/28 down the road once Cannondale releases their 137mm spindle. FSA, Shimano and Raceface cranks apparently do not have this issue with the Eddie frame.
  • 01-14-2013
    trojans1993
    Awesome job buddy - that would be the perfect machine to keep up the roadie converts that blow by me on the long fire road grinds LOL. My office wall has room to hang one more Intense and that's the missing piece of the puzzle on my wish list for sure. Great job, she's a beauty!
  • 01-14-2013
    swan lee
    Ssssswwwwwwweeeeeeeeet!
  • 01-14-2013
    colnago888
    Quote:

Originally Posted by trojans1993 View Post
    Awesome job buddy - that would be the perfect machine to keep up the roadie converts that blow by me on the long fire road grinds LOL. My office wall has room to hang one more Intense and that's the missing piece of the puzzle on my wish list for sure. Great job, she's a beauty!

Yes, I am a roadie convert and I cannot emphasize enough how much I am enjoying the trails over the pavement. I also have a 2013 Stumpy FSR Evo, that's the bike that probably converted me. Thanks for commenting on my post. Up here in Vancouver, we have more climbs and descends than single track, so this bike will come in handy going up the logging roads. I'll take the Stumpy on the more technical stuff. Happy trails!
  • 01-15-2013
    TheSchwagman
    What a rocket!