mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Matti Lehikoinen

Does anybody know how is the guy doing? How is he recovering from his terrible wrists injury? No news for several months that's a bit worrying...

Fearing the Reaper
    Some pretty detailed news here:

http://cuffo.co.nz/blogs/bike_mtb_ne...ry-update.aspx

I've heard he's keeping the fitness levels up, but staying off the dirt. Anyone who has destroyed a wrist knows that it is such a PITA recovery. Taking care of bathroom business is not exactly a pleasurable event. I feel for him.

mtbr member
    It has been a long three months since Matti's injury with some minor complications along the way. The good news is he has been in the rehab phase and is starting to get out on the bike for mellow XC rides & road riding & has about 50% movement back.
    He is currently at the Red Bull Traning facility in Austria doing rehab, ( gotta love Red Bull for their dedication to their athletes) and progressing daily.
    We hope to see him in sunny So Cal soon for off season training as he has his work cut out for him on the road back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2006
    OUCH!!!!! He is now a full on DH rider, held together with metal. The sport is so fun and can be so rubbish within a second of each other. Wish him well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Mr Intense, thanks for chiming in! I hope he'll fully recover and gets ready for the next DH season. Good luck, Matti, we miss you on track!

mtbr member
    Retarded!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Great news, I broke my wrist in the summer of 08 and it's still a bit sore when I ride so can't imagine what it's like doing DH with two broken wrists. Hope all goes well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I broke both wrists in '98 at Plattekill. Those pictures make me feel physically ill. I have a set of X-Rays just like those. Don't ever want to do that again. I hope Matti recovers faster than I did.