whatever she says gueuze.

In the market for a new fork for my VPX, which one?

I'm currently using a Dorado and have decided to go single crown and do a light make-over for the bike. My fork choices are 66.., Travis single, or 36 van. I'd like to go under 6 lbs if that's possible. If I go 7" then the only fork that fits the bill would be the 66sl but it's completely air so I'm weary. Do you guys think the 36 van will greatly effect the head angle and ride overall, being that it's only 6+" instead of 7". Price isn't really a factor. Any input will be appreciated, thx.

rain rain go away...
    i know i'm waiting for the new Travis Single Intrinsic. That's my only option... upgrade from my Breakout +.

Fun-O-Meter
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ndinh
    I'm currently using a Dorado and have decided to go single crown and do a light make-over for the bike. My fork choices are 66.., Travis single, or 36 van. I'd like to go under 6 lbs if that's possible. If I go 7" then the only fork that fits the bill would be the 66sl but it's completely air so I'm weary. Do you guys think the 36 van will greatly effect the head angle and ride overall, being that it's only 6+" instead of 7". Price isn't really a factor. Any input will be appreciated, thx.
    I love my 66 SL, and I'm 210-215 with equipment on. I've gone off 8' to almost flat repeatedly while tuning the fork, and haven't had any problems.

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2006_fro...t_125181.shtml

Robot Chicken loves his, too. I think he gets kickbacks for every SL sold from his reviews.

aka...appBLING72
    Quote Originally Posted by rich.grandzol
    I love my 66 SL, and I'm 210-215 with equipment on. I've gone off 8' to almost flat repeatedly while tuning the fork, and haven't had any problems.

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2006_fro...t_125181.shtml

Robot Chicken loves his, too. I think he gets kickbacks for every SL sold from his reviews.
    I have a 66 Light on my Uzzi and absolutely love it. I was scared to go all air after having a bad taste from using the Fox 36 Talas. Anyway, I know the SL is alittle lighter, but I love the coil feel of the 66 Light. Props to Marzocchi.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

PM sent

Check your PM.

Now with flavor!!
    Take out a ruler and look at how much 10mm is. I wouldn't let the 160mm fox fork get to me based on travel. Look at your a-c dorado and get a good measurement. I'd be willing to bet it's really close to both the 170mm marzocchis and the 36van maybe even bracketed by them. Remember you can get inverted forks down extremely low.

I was thinking about the travis as well but it sits way too high for my tastes. I've got a vpx with the 36 van and an e-13 reducer cup on the bottom. I think it handles great. I'm not sold on the 66sl which was the other fork I was looking at only because I've never ridden a zoke air fork that I liked. I would like to find someone with an sl so I could see if it's any different. Based on that though the 36 or the 66rcx would be my options.......the 36 is lighter so I got that. Both forks are considerably stiffer than the 170mm breakouts available now.

aka...appBLING72
    Quote Originally Posted by magicfinger
    Check your PM.
    I didn't receive a PM from ya. You can send it again if you would like

mtbr member
    The Travis is the most plush, tunable bighit s/c fork I believe you can get. It's a little tall, but to be honest you don't feel it. I went on a ride last week and 3 other guy's with Uzzi's with Breakout + hit some rock sections on my rig and wanted to finish the run on my bike.
    They all liked the way it pedaled too. Another guy on the ride has a Fox 40 on his Uzzi, and raved about it too. My recomendation is the Travis. The best fork out right now.

tep
    urbantrailridingroadie
    Feb 2004
    If I go 7" then the only fork that fits the bill would be the 66sl but it's completely air so I'm weary.
    Educate me.

Why is the 66sl the only choice from the Marzocchi line?

I would think the 66rcx or the one with ETA would be an option also, would it not?

tep

rain rain go away...
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthewelder
    The Travis is the most plush, tunable bighit s/c fork I believe you can get. It's a little tall, but to be honest you... The best fork out right now.
    Rick,

are u running the Intrinsic or the TPC+ on your fork?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy-B
    Rick,

are u running the Intrinsic or the TPC+ on your fork?

The Intrinsic, and check your message thing.

Members who have read this thread: 0