Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Front Range, Colorado

Man that was Intense.

Just testing!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Front Range, Colorado
    Anybody care to share a vintage INTENSE with us? I still ride this 01' UZZI SL and love the way it rides. This is an old photo and most parts have been updated since.
    So how about it, anybody else still still on a classic?
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 05-07-2011 at 08:34 AM.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

Ohne Jangschalltung
    Old Tracer:

Chris

Front Range, Colorado
    Nice Tracer Chris! Apparently we're the only two still riding the fine bikes that put INTENSE at the top. How about it anybody else still riding a vintage INTENSE? Post up some photos.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

Front Range, Colorado
    Is that all you got? I'll take your best shot.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    by vintage you mean pre-VPP?

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by starship303
    by vintage you mean pre-VPP?
    Yeah any INTENSE pre VPP would do. I'm just curious what early INTENSE bikes are still out on the trail..
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

V-Shaped Rut
    I was riding a tracer similar to Nordstadt's up until a couple years ago. In 2003 it was my dream bike after riding a spesh rockhopper hardtail for 5 years.

And it ended up as a very light full suspension singlespeed. I sold it on ebay and its still on the trails AFAIK.

Front Range, Colorado

Good job!

Anybody else care to share thier classic INTENSE?

mtbr member

Here is my classic

This was my dream bike when I was a starving student riding a fully rigid second hand Bridgstone. I open up my first Mountain Bike Action mag and there it was an Uzzi SL. A vision of beauty. By the time I could afford one they stop making it so I purchased a custom Uzzi SLX, it was on order and I saw this one at Big Bear at a AM cup race. I have upgraded some items since I bought it:

DSC02739

Intense Hadley Hub and a 03 Marzocchi Z1 Freeride
    DSC02734

I wish they would do this on the new bikes
    DSC02735

Got my dream bike and it is a Prototype
    DSC02737

Front Range, Colorado
    Very nice ride! My UZZI-SL has that same USA stamp on the swing arm.. So what makes that bike a prototype? Other than the paint what is different? The parts group is nice but prototype useually has to do with something different in frame or suspension design. Just curious but the bike is sweet either way.BTW awesome paint and decal scheme. The decals are identical in shape to stock but custom in color.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-02-2011 at 11:11 PM.

mtbr member
    I'm sure its the same the person I bought it from I think raced for Intense-Maxxis. The decales are the most current I cut out the yellow.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by eluv View Post
    I'm sure its the same the person I bought it from I think raced for Intense-Maxxis. The decales are the most current I cut out the yellow.
    Great idea on the decals. You have a close up of the serial number is there something different about it?

mtbr member
    "PROTO" is the serial number. Are you running gothic rotors? I have one in the rear wheel loking for a 8" for the front

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by eluv View Post
    "PROTO" is the serial number. Are you running gothic rotors? I have one in the rear wheel loking for a 8" for the front
    "PROTO" too cool!
    Yeah i'm running Hope minis with 6" rotors and only the front is gothic. There has been many upgrades since that old photo.Chris King red hubs laced to Mavic 729s w/red nipples on black rims, kenda nevs. 2.35s. Sram XO trigger shifters and XO rear der. XTR crank and rear cassette. Crank Brothers Joplin w/remote adj. Seatpost. Thomson stem,Chris King head set carbon spacers,Easton monkey lite carbon bars. O.D.I. Lock ons w/ Intense grips. SDL gel saddle w/Intense cover. Fox Vanilla RLC 125 mm fork Fox RC shock and Time carbon titanium ATAC pedals. Well that about covers the current build. Apparently I'm way bored as I wait for my dog to to get his yearly grooming.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-03-2011 at 03:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I just picked up an old Intense frame that was powder coated. I had no idea what model or year it was until stumbling upon this thread. Apparently it is an old Tracer but still don't know year. From the look of the design I would guess between 1999 and 2001. Design is similar to a '99 Specialized Stumpy FSR I have sitting in garage. The Tracer has XTR cranks and Fox rear suspension. It looks like I can adjust geometry quite a bit. Any advice as I build up this classic? I have some SRAM X7 stuff lying around that I will put on as well as a leftover Avid BB7 disc brakes. I also have some Mavics 717 with Deore hubs and Raptor tires. I haven't picked out a fork yet. Any idea what the travel is on the Fox rear?

mtbr member
    pomocanthus the rear travel on a uzzi sl is 4.75". I would use your leftover part and have fun. When i first purchased the bike I had a 100mm fork Manitou then I got a good deal on a 125mm Fox Talas and currently running a 130mm Z1. I would not go over 130mm. I hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    eluv, thanks for info. I actually have a Tora w 130 travel that I was thinking about putting on there but wasn't sure til now. BTW, like the rims on your MCS in the background.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by pomocanthus View Post
    eluv, thanks for info. I actually have a Tora w 130 travel that I was thinking about putting on there but wasn't sure til now. BTW, like the rims on your MCS in the background.
    You said you bought an old Tracer not an UZZ-SL correct? If so the rear travel is 3.5 " which makes a 130mm fork too tall up front. That frame is designed for a 80mm to a 100mm max. You could put a UZZI-SL link on and run a 125mm-130mm fork and have an awesome light all around trail bike.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-09-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Ohne Jangschalltung
    I ride my Tracer with an 130 mm Z1, before it had an 100 mm Z1 and it handels better than with the 100 mm - give it a try!

Chris

GOD SPEED # 58 RIP

It's long gone

My, SLX long gone can't find pic's of my M1. It was a bit flexy till I threw a 12mm TA, it was day and night. Hey J, Nishida are you still out there?

Great bike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Man that was Intense.-img_1019.jpg  

Man that was Intense.-img_1018.jpg  

Man that was Intense.-img_1017.jpg  

Man that was Intense.-img_1016.jpg  

GT
    Oct 2009

Love my Intenses

On my 3rd one since 1993.

1993 Spyder
    1998 Uzzi SL
    2010 Tracer VPP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Man that was Intense.-intenses.jpg  

Front Range, Colorado
    Warrior,
    You sure have a sweet quiver of rides there. Looks like you have your own little Intense museum going. And what is awesome is you still own all of them.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by WE Warrior View Post
    On my 3rd one since 1993.

1993 Spyder
    1998 Uzzi SL
    2010 Tracer VPP
    We Warrior, Seeing how you have experience on both the UZZI-SL and Tracer VPP
    What is your view on the difference's between the two rides?

mtbr member
    DirtJunkie your first climb on a VPP you will never go back. 4 bar (FSR) is fun but the pedal efficiency on the VPP bikes are second to none. I ride my Uzzi once in a blue moon actually I am letting my friend use it until he buys his own bike. I rode the first gen spyder vpp and I end up buying a 5.5 and been riding that for the past 6 years or so.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast