Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by eluv View Post
    DirtJunkie your first climb on a VPP you will never go back. 4 bar (FSR) is fun but the pedal efficiency on the VPP bikes are second to none. I ride my Uzzi once in a blue moon actually I am letting my friend use it until he buys his own bike. I rode the first gen spyder vpp and I end up buying a 5.5 and been riding that for the past 6 years or so.
    Thanks, Yeah I figured the climbing efficiency on the VPP would be better. But is there that MUCH of a difference. I guess the only way to prove it to myself would be to throw a leg over one. But I just love the way the 4 bar (FSR) does everything well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    Thanks, Yeah I figured the climbing efficiency on the VPP would be better. But is there that MUCH of a difference. I guess the only way to prove it to myself would be to throw a leg over one. But I just love the way the 4 bar (FSR) does everything well.
    Just picture a lighter bike with more travel, a plusher ride and pedal efficiency thats out of this world.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

His and Her intense Rides

Here are a few pics of my Uzzi SL and my wife's Tracer. We have been riding them together for about 8 years. I was very content with my Uzzi until i saw the blowout sale on the Tracers at Jenson. My new VP frame will be here tomorrow...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Man that was Intense.-img_2227.jpg  

Man that was Intense.-img_2228.jpg  

Man that was Intense.-img_2229.jpg  

mtbr member
    Congrats on the Tracer. Post pics when its done. That is a clean looking Uzzi SL.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by eluv View Post
    Congrats on the Tracer. Post pics when its done. That is a clean looking Uzzi SL.
    Thanks, it's been a great bike and seen a few upgrades over the years, but the frame has remained solid since day 1.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduro203 View Post
    Thanks, it's been a great bike and seen a few upgrades over the years, but the frame has remained solid since day 1.
    Both bikes look sweet! and glad to see another SL still rocking the trails. Just curious on your input on switching to an air shock on the SL. I have thrown the idea around over the years but just love the liniar feel and less stiction of the vanilla RC coil that was standard issue for that frame. Although the air would save in weight and probably help in the climbing department, it would be nice to hear from someone who has made the switch BTW Congrats on your new purchase like eluv said post up some photos when done.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Both bikes look sweet! and glad to see another SL still rocking the trails. Just curious on your input on switching to an air shock on the SL. I have thrown the idea around over the years but just love the liniar feel and less stiction of the vanilla RC coil that was standard issue for that frame. Although the air would save in weight and probably help in the climbing department, it would be nice to hear from someone who has made the switch BTW Congrats on your new purchase like eluv said post up some photos when done.
    Thanks Dirt Junkie. I used a Pushed RP3 which shaved about a pound and I did notice some improvement in power to the ground on the climbs. There are plenty of 6.5 x 1.5 airs out there for cheap, or borrow one for a few days, it might be worth your while to experiment.

The new VP build may take a few weeks. I am trying to generate some funds for a new fork. The frame purchase left me drained.

Front Range, Colorado
    Thanks Dirt Junkie. I used a Pushed RP3 which shaved about a pound and I did notice some improvement in power to the ground on the climbs. There are plenty of 6.5 x 1.5 airs out there for cheap, or borrow one for a few days, it might be worth your while to experiment.

The new VP build may take a few weeks. I am trying to generate some funds for a new fork. The frame purchase left me drained.
    Sounds like a good idea I will have to keep my eyes open for a good deal on one. Sorry for the late response I have family from out of town visiting. And I haven't had time to get on this site for awhile.

Front Range, Colorado

Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-31-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Moose Member
    mines a 2002... Took it up to Northstar yesterday, still an amazing bike!

Man that was Intense.-m1.jpg

Front Range, Colorado
    And that is one of my hesitations in buying a new frame hence your purchase of the VP frame. If I were to shell out 2k on a new frame I still have the exspence of the parts group. Even though all of my upgraded parts from my UZZI-SL will switch right over The exspense of an additional 1 thousand to 15 hundred for a fork would kill me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I managed to sell my uzzi frame and fork on ebay and found a new 2010 Fox Float 36 on Pinkbike for 500.00. The Jenson Tracer frame deal for 1200 was just too good to pas up. Even though they are listing them a 2009 models, mine was actually a late 2010 model. In all, I'll have less than 2k invested in essentially a new Tracer.

Front Range, Colorado
    I managed to sell my uzzi frame and fork on ebay and found a new 2010 Fox Float 36 on Pinkbike for 500.00. The Jenson Tracer frame deal for 1200 was just too good to pas up. Even though they are listing them a 2009 models, mine was actually a late 2010 model. In all, I'll have less than 2k invested in essentially a new Tracer.
    Cool! Just curious how much did you get for the UZZI-SL and fork?

BTW MOOSEY, Sweet 2002 M-1 The master of disaster in the DH for many years.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 08-06-2011 at 01:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Cool! Just curious how much did you get for the UZZI-SL and fork?
    The frame went for 250 and the fork for 180.
    I probably could have gotten more for both, but priced for a quick "Buy it Now" sale. Both went in one day. The headset and seat post have bids, but won't be done until tomorrow, so I'll have a little more for some spare parts to put in the camelbak.

Front Range, Colorado
    The frame went for 250 and the fork for 180.
    I probably could have gotten more for both, but priced for a quick "Buy it Now" sale. Both went in one day. The headset and seat post have bids, but won't be done until tomorrow, so I'll have a little more for some spare parts to put in the camelbak.
    Actually that's about what I would expect them to go for as a package deal. About $500 on the high end,.so it sounds like you did OK. Make sure to post up some shots up after the build.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosey View Post
    mines a 2002... Took it up to Northstar yesterday, still an amazing bike!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m1.jpg 
Views:	1761 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	629842
    Moosey for a 2002 DH rig that bike sure looks clean

Front Range, Colorado
    Anybody else still on a dinosaur of an Intense? Care to share it with us post it up. I'm out the door to fire up my old uzzi-sl.

dab
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

These are my 2 oldies + 1 SS1

I started off with a Uzzi SL back in 1998 and still have it assembled and ready to ride if needed. I will try to post a picture of it later. I built up a 2002 Tracer 3 years ago for a race and training bike. The tracer weighs about 23.5. I just rebuilt the 2000 Uzzi DH this year and using it as my All Mountain ride. I made a jump to the VPP side and got a 2009SS1 last year and its been a blast to ride.

Attachment 634765

Attachment 634766

Attachment 634767
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Man that was Intense.-img00358.jpg  

Man that was Intense.-img00472.jpg  

Man that was Intense.-img00474.jpg  

Front Range, Colorado
    Nice INTENSE museum you got going there dab. Its nice to see an old DH still shredding the trails. All updated parts on all even the Tracer,sweet. I see you are running the Joplin on all. I have one on my SL as well and love it. BTW post up some photos of your SL.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    heres my three, no longer own them but i still had alot of fun on them when i did.

a 1999 DH uzzi with the SP 12mm rear end on it, my first ever fully

03 SLX uzzi in small, super fun bike but at the end of the day just to small for me.

02 SLX uzzi in med, my last intense. a great do all bike, the one i miss the most.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

mtbr member
    Herb, what color is that SLX frame? That looks like the one I hade custom painted from Intense. DId it come with a 5th element with a TI spring?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    The colour was gray which i didn't think was a custom colour. It did have a 5th on it when i got it but with a steel spring.

Front Range, Colorado
    Nice rides Herb! Two
    So you sold them to Dougal who was recently asking for specs on the SLX?
    I love my SL but looking back I wish I had gone with the SLX. I think that bike can hang even by today's standards, don't you?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

2002 intense uzzi sl?

Hi, just wanted to ask a question about a guy who wants a trade. I have a 2006 trek 6500 disc ht and he has the intense, would this be a good trade for me and if so until what year did the uzzi sl's are made? Thank you.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by amjp23 View Post
    Hi, just wanted to ask a question about a guy who wants a trade. I have a 2006 trek 6500 disc ht and he has the intense, would this be a good trade for me and if so until what year did the uzzi sl's are made? Thank you.
    I think if you traded for the SL you would be ripping him off. In otherwards jump on it before he changes his mind. The last year the UZZI-SL was made was 2002' but the 2001' was exactly the same except for the stickers.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast