Thread: M6 v V10 ?

Gnarbar

M6 v V10 ?

Anyone know what the comparative weights are for frame and shock....for M6 with Revox.

Thanks.
    White/blue Intense Slopestyle
    Red 2011 Morewood Makulu

Sovereign Cycle | Lama Cycles | Morewood Bikes | Kali Protectives

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I think my large M6 weighed 11lbs if I remember my friends 08 V10 was about a 1lbs lighter. I wouldn t even think about the weight though.
    Even though my large is .8inch shorter in the top tube mine feels longer, the V10 feels much higher especially as its a normal sized headtube you can t get the front end that low. Shock is longer on the M6 so most of the weight is there but its alot easier to set up because of the lower leverage ratio.
    Only negative I have with my frame is I can t remove the lower shock bolt without compressing the frame slightly as it fouls but 2 secs with a file would stop that, mine might be the only one with this problem though.
    Go for the intense

legal alien
    Jun 2007
    I have a (2008) v10 and 10lbs is about where my large clocks in. I haven't ridden the M6 but I've absolutely loved my v10. It's such a fun bike, incredibly well built (when you see it up close, there are many neat details), and the geometry is great, but not so extreme as to be limiting for a 'normal' rider.

One thing to consider with the v10 especially is that the bike is much slacker and lower when properly sagged. I don't know exact numbers but I only mention this because it seems a lot of people get turned off by the static geo when shopping. On the flip side, I've heard people complain that the unweighting the rear in steep sections can make the bike feel too steep, but I personally haven't been bothered by this.

Either way, you'll have an amazing bike:-).

Gnarbar
    Thanks guys, my buddy has a V-10 that he races, it's the second gen version, his second V-10, and he swears by it.

I'm 100% getting the M6, and +1 pound up against the V-10 frame weight will be fine and no biggie. If I can build it to 39 lbs that's awesome. 38 lbs ideally but w'ever. Also my X9 shifter and 'reilleur is up against his X9 set up so that's another weight issue altogether. I got a lighter seat and Easton Monkeylite DH carbon bars.

Intense:4:life

White/blue Intense Slopestyle
    Red 2011 Morewood Makulu

Sovereign Cycle | Lama Cycles | Morewood Bikes | Kali Protectives