Commit or eat sh!t

M6 Owners: BB Height, Cranks, Rock Gardens?

Guys, what is your bottom bracket height with the new dropout? The Intense website says 13.75", but I think this is with the original dropout that caused rubbing.

Are you using 170 or 165mm cranks? Any problems with the low bottom bracket with regards to rock gardens?

I got my butt kicked riding recently with the Slope Style due to the low BB and the rock gardens/rocky terrain. Bent the dropout and my derailleur and cable housing exploded. I am afraid that I will run into the same problem if I get an M6.

Old school BMXer
    I ride an M6 and a SlopeStyle (175s on the SS and 170s on the M6). Sure, the cranks hit a rocks once in a while, but the incredible handling provided by the low BB more than makes up for a couple pedal strikes. Also, using a XT Shadow or new Saint Shadow greatly reduces derailleur strikes.

Something most don't consider is which foot you ride forward (or rearward). I ride with my right foot to the rear, which causes me to naturally protect the rear derailleur from rocks, since I tend to swerve away from the rock with the left pedal/rear derailleur approaches it.

Those who ride right foot forward may be more prone to strike a derailleur on rocks.

eci
    i have destroyed a set of funn sojam pedals and fsa gravity lite 170s... the m6 def rides lower then my sunday did, but it also rails a ton better too.

I would highly suggest 165 cranks with thin pedals(deity,atomlab)

old
    13.75" with the new dropouts, large frame, Boxxer Team, King headset, 170mm cranks. I ran the old dropouts last season, well shortened season as I was out 6 weeks with injury. Broke 1 flat pedal and 4 Mallet clip mechanisms. Shadow derailer looks decent and lasted the entire year. Had the most problem in lower speed technical sections where I should have been going faster and had to pedal in bad spots.