mtbr member
    Dec 2004

LG1 on a Slopestyle

The LG seems to be the popular guide for the SS. For those of you running it, did you have to get a wide angle back plate? The catalog only shows the SRS available in wideangle.
    Anybody fit a MRP G2? Any issues? I'm vacillating.
    I just got my new SS and despite all the literature, the mounts on mine are ISCG05, not ISCG-old.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by buildyourown
    The LG seems to be the popular guide for the SS. For those of you running it, did you have to get a wide angle back plate? The catalog only shows the SRS available in wideangle.
    Anybody fit a MRP G2? Any issues? I'm vacillating.
    I just got my new SS and despite all the literature, the mounts on mine are ISCG05, not ISCG-old.
    I definitely recomend the MRP. I have the LG1 and it doesn't fit right, is noisy and not nearly as well finished as the MRP. My mate has the MRP on his SS and it's great.

-> SickLines.com <-
    The new SS's have ISCG05 tabs like the M6.

Former Ninja
    Jul 2005
    Hey Gravity,
    Is your LG1 correctly set up? When set up properly, it should be barely noticable...

For the Slopestyle, you will need the Wide angle backplate to clear the dropped chainstays. Since you lucked out and got the new tabs, of course get the ISCG-05 one.

Anyways...all new (2009) Intense frames (M6, Socom, Slopestyle) have ISCG-05 tabs...and they look quite good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gnarbar
    I'm vacillating.
    You can get a cream for that, you know
    White/blue Intense Slopestyle
    Red 2011 Morewood Makulu

Sovereign Cycle | Lama Cycles | Morewood Bikes | Kali Protectives

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hi Phil,

In my previous post on this subject ( LG1 not so good on SS ) I deduced that a) I have the right back plate and b) the only solution would be to run the BB cup mounted ISCG mount in order to clock the guide enough to avoid hitting the jockey wheel. This was / is a poor sollution. If you look at the SS photo thread you will see that anyone else running the LG-1 on the SS has the same issue - an exposed lower jockey.
    In your response you indicated that it may have something to do with the way in which Intense welded on the tabs? I don't know the answer to that.

What I can say is that having built a friends SS for him - the MRP device was easier to fit, has a better finish, has no issues regarding an exposed lower roller / jockey and is quieter. Hence I believe that while not a bad product, the MRP is (for the SS anyway), better.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeride777
    You can get a cream for that, you know

vac⋅il⋅lat⋅ing
       /ˈvæsəˌleɪtɪŋ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [vas-uh-ley-ting] Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective
    1. not resolute; wavering; indecisive; hesitating: an ineffectual, vacillating person.
    2. oscillating; swaying; fluctuating: a vacillating indicator.

mtbr member
    Could you post some pictures of yours? I thought the SS wasn't supposed to get the ISCG until 2009.

For my SS I have had good luck with my Gamut P20.