mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Intense's new bike

Ok, so there's a persistent rumor that Intense has another new frame coming out this year. This is the place for any info on that...

Intense is all in on the 27.5 wheel size. The Uzzi just got removed from their lineup and people have already been converting the older Uzzi to 27.5. Could a dedicated tweener Uzzi be the next thing?

Then again...they're also going all in on carbon. Could they be coming out with a carbon DH bike like the 951?

Personally I'm hoping for a 275 Uzzi. The old ones were great but not many people want to sell theirs! I'd personally prefer alloy, but I'm open.

Anyone have any other inside information?

Dude, got any schwag?
    Carbon DH fo sho. I bet they debut at Eurobike, if not sooner at say, Mammoth.
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

Not Bad
    I just hope we see a development of alloy frames as well as carbon, I'm old skool.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    I just hope we see a development of alloy frames as well as carbon, I'm old skool.
    Me too. And I hope they still will offer small production runs on 26" bikes. I am still looking for an Uzzi.

Not Bad
    I'm hoping (although not holding my breath) for a new 26" Tazer.

The new Uzzi is bound to be 27.5 and I'm betting carbon to compete with the new Nomad.

I'd love a shorter travel alloy hardcore 29er and also a more XC orientated one too.

mtbr member
    I would welcome Intense's answer to the Santa Cruz 5010. I'm a XC / trail guy and have been fortunate enough to have owned 4 to 5 Intense bikes over the last 10 years (5 if you count the one I built for my now wife). Although I occasionally ride tougher trails than what a 29er hard tail can cover fast, I will never fully extract the performance of a 160mm travel FS machine as the VP, Carbine, T275, etc. I get the point of 27.5" wheels and full suspension, and/but 125 - 140mm is plenty travel for me.
    It's not dirt in my apartment --it's Earth.

mtbr member
    I think there is a place for a aluminum 170-180 travel bike in their line up. The current uzzi is so close to the t275, but the t275 is better at every thing but saving you $$$. If or when they produce a new uzzi it will have 27.5 tires, and they wont do that until there is some 170-180mm travel fork for 27.5 wheels on the market.

@ just J, the T275 is the nomads competition. I'm with ya about a aggressive 29er hard tale like the yellie screamy
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    The current uzzi is so close to the t275, but the t275 is better at every thing but saving you $$$.
    You can't adjust the geometry on the T275 and a dual crown fork is also no-no. And I would not want to ride the T275 in the bike park all day, the Uzzi I would. Having not ridden a T275 I can't judge if this is true, but some reviews that popped up tend to suggest that the T275 is not the most stable at mach stupid, EWS kinda speeds.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iRider View Post
    You can't adjust the geometry on the T275 and a dual crown fork is also no-no. And I would not want to ride the T275 in the bike park all day, the Uzzi I would. Having not ridden a T275 I can't judge if this is true, but some reviews that popped up tend to suggest that the T275 is not the most stable at mach stupid, EWS kinda speeds.
    If you haven't had time on a t275 how do you know? I think the T275 is a funnier bike than my m9 at the bike park, if Im looking to hit jumps drops and breams. I like it so much the M9 is up for sale. Sorry for hijacking, but the new bike wont be an uzzi

mtbr member
    If you haven't had time on a t275 how do you know? I think the T275 is a funnier bike than my m9 at the bike park, if Im looking to hit jumps drops and breams. I like it so much the M9 is up for sale. Sorry for hijacking, but the new bike wont be an uzzi
    I have no time on the T275, that is right. But it is not the only 6" travel bike out there, you know. And I have yet to ride one that is even close to a DH bike when ridden on rough trails. Sure, if you stay on sanitized trails in a bike park you might be OK. But I highly doubt that any 6" travel bike can match an M9 if push comes to shove (e.g. high alpine terrain, braking bumps, etc).
    Run this through Google translate:
    Intense Tracer T275 Carbon: der Nobelhobel für 2 Monate im Hardcore-Test - MTB-News.de
    The tester was last year on the Canyon enduro team, so knows what he is talking about. His verdict on the T275 is:
    Pros:
    Balance (dangerously fast in corners)
    craftsmanship
    components
    weight
    looks
    frame material

Cons:
    Geometry not ideal for alpine terrain
    not very forgiving
    price

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=vice grips;11235135]I think there is a place for a aluminum 170-180 travel bike in their line up. The current uzzi is so close to the t275, but the t275 is better at every thing but saving you $$$. If or when they produce a new uzzi it will have 27.5 tires, and they wont do that until there is some 170-180mm travel fork for 27.5 wheels on the market.

My bad, i guess fox is making the 36 flout in 170mm for 27.5 , thats every cool. Hope we get a 180mm fork soon

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    if it ain't 26" and it ain't 170/180 travel and it ain't as adjustable as what I've got right now...i'll keep my current uzzi and all the smiles it brings me. carbon or alu? IDGAF. curmudgeonly and stubborn? yes I am.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jstuhlman View Post
    if it ain't 26" and it ain't 170/180 travel and it ain't as adjustable as what I've got right now...i'll keep my current uzzi and all the smiles it brings me. carbon or alu? IDGAF. curmudgeonly and stubborn? yes I am.
    Amen brother! If it ain't 26" and 180 travel, I don't want it. I'll keep mine too! Now if they made the same thing in carbon, I'd get one. 26" handles better, it's stiffer and it's lighter. And that extra travel, (180mm) it rolls over stuff just as good as every other 160 mm 27.5 bike out there. 27.5 is just marketing BS.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    The current uzzi is so close to the t275, but the t275 is better at every thing but saving you $$$.

@ just J, the T275 is the nomads competition. I'm with ya about a aggressive 29er hard tale like the yellie screamy
    The Uzzi and Tracer are not close. The Uzzi has more travel, G3 adjustable dropouts a burlier frame and more gravity oriented geometry. Its an all around bike that can do anything but it really shines as a park bike or mini DH bike that can still climb. My buddy has a Tracer and I have an Uzzi. I've ridden both and so has he and we both said the Tracer can't touch the Uzzi once the trails go down. And the new 275 Tracer is not in direct competition with the Nomad, it's more like the Bronson's. It's more of a trail bike and the Nomad is more like an Enduro bike, but neither are competition for an Uzzi.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member

180 exists

[QUOTE=vice grips;11237773]
    Hope we get a 180mm fork soon
    Vice - There IS a 180 fork out right now: The X-Fusion Metric. I have one on an Intense Socom and it's pretty damn good. Small bump sensitivity is great, midstroke is exactly what I want, and the end ramps up quick. That end stroke may be a bit too progressive for some but it's been good for me so far.
    X Fusion Shox - Metric HLR

Here's the Vital review: X-Fusion Metric HLR Fork - Reviews, Comparisons, Specs - Mountain Bike Forks - Vital MTB

Intense's new bike-s1600_wp_20140611_001.jpg

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=sdemars;11382320]

Vice - There IS a 180 fork out right now: The X-Fusion Metric. I have one on an Intense Socom and it's pretty damn good. Small bump sensitivity is great, midstroke is exactly what I want, and the end ramps up quick. That end stroke may be a bit too progressive for some but it's been good for me so far.
    X Fusion Shox - Metric HLR

Here's the Vital review: X-Fusion Metric HLR Fork - Reviews, Comparisons, Specs - Mountain Bike Forks - Vital MTB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s1600_WP_20140611_001.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	915188

Is it a 27.5 fork or just a 26" fork that has enough room for 27.5 tires?

Your bike looks SICK! Love long travel single crown bike, super rad

mtbr member
    Is it a 27.5 fork or just a 26" fork that has enough room for 27.5 tires?

Your bike looks SICK! Love long travel single crown bike, super rad
    It's a proper 27.5, but I have 26" wheels on there now. A teammate has a Metric on his Uzzi with a 27.5 wheel. I've used the Socom and my Norco Sight (140mm 27.5) back to back on the same trails and there's an obvious difference in rollover (as well as plushness of course). The Sight has a Pike and to be honest the Metric is every bit as plush (sometimes I think more so), but a bit more progressive at the very end stroke.

mtbr member
    Nice, just read the review. Sounds like a decent fork, something to consider for sure even if I'm a rock shock guy. I just built up a 26" 951 with a totem that she loves. Makes me want a 951evo with some single crown fork. Was hoping for a 27.5 totem or lyric to come out soon