"Why I oughta..."

Intense Trade In - Still a go?

Got a Tracer, interested in a 5.5. Is the trade in deal still stand? Do I go to my LBS and they take care of it or directly through Intense? Yeah, I'll call Intense tomorrow, but thought someone here may know.

PS - Love my Tracer, I have upgraditus as our group is currently going through technology wars at the moment with a few getting new frames and components. Been seeing good reivews on Titus Moto-lites (great price for new frame), but like to stick with Intense.
    "Welcome to All Things Scottish, if it's not Scottish, it's craaaapp!! Can I help ye?" - Stuart Rankin

Trail Rider

Call them and ask...

You ship the frame to them and then they send you a new one.
    Don

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I have a tracer as well and have ridden a 5.5 and just feel the tracer is more trailbike and the 5.5 seems more xc. Just my opinion, but I'd take the tracer over the 5.5 any day of the week.

mtbr member

Don't sell out and trade the Tracer!

They will junk it.....instead, sell it to someone who will give it a home. Plus the trade in price isn't all that great
    Never play leap-frog with a unicorn!

"Why I oughta..."
    Quote Originally Posted by []D[][]v[][]D
    They will junk it.....instead, sell it to someone who will give it a home. Plus the trade in price isn't all that great
    Thanks, was thinking the same thing as I can probably get more than the exchange with a few goodies thrown in.

On the comment regarding keeping the Tracer, I agree the bike is great, but I have ridden the 5.5 and have been able to go up and down better than on the Tracer. May be a "fit" thing, but the 5.5 fits me better as well.

We'll see as the CFO has to approve as well.
    "Welcome to All Things Scottish, if it's not Scottish, it's craaaapp!! Can I help ye?" - Stuart Rankin

Ole
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Spare parts

Quote Originally Posted by []D[][]v[][]D
    They're not junking it, they are using it for spare parts to keep other Tracer owners riding their bikes for as long as possible.

Ole.

SLO Mtn biker!
    Quote Originally Posted by boboso
    We'll see as the CFO has to approve as well.

LOL! Please let us know what they say and what the trade-in deal is...

mtbr member
    Perhaps junk was a harsh word....what I meant to imply was that a perefectly good bike will no longer be ridden. It's like putting a racehorse out to pasture. Sell it and let someone else enjoy the ride!
    Never play leap-frog with a unicorn!

mtbr member

5.5 more xc?

Quote Originally Posted by joncmack
    I have a tracer as well and have ridden a 5.5 and just feel the tracer is more trailbike and the 5.5 seems more xc. Just my opinion, but I'd take the tracer over the 5.5 any day of the week.
    Why is the 5.5 more xc? I'm just curious, as I have never checked out the angles of the 5.5. I always thought it was the opposite.

Members who have read this thread: 0