mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Intense Tracer VP new fork

I have a Tracer VP 2010 with a Fox 36 Talas and the Fox RP23 shock.
    At the moment I am considering to upgrade the suspension on this bike. As for the rear I would go CC Double Barrel Air and in the front I thought about Bos Deville. Regarding the fork would you go 160mm or 170mm and do you prefer the fork with TRC or without TRC?
    Any suggestions about fork upgrade would be welcome.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I'd go with the lighter setup.

How about the Float 36 upfront?
    Do you realy find the front hight adjustment be that critical?
    The latest incarnation of the TALAS there isn't much of a weight saving but its damping is much smoother.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I already thought about the Fox 36 Float but I heard the performance of the BOS Deville is better.

Height adjustment is not really necessary (I think at least)

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    So why 170 BOS and not the 160 ver.which has diffrent 10mm longer Axle To Crown soeffectivly it slackens the geometry further - depending on the usage not sure its advisable.
    IMHO the 160 545 ATC it's just the threshold for the T2 and would not go for the longer 555 of the 170.
    Between the 160 BOS and the Fox I would go with the one that offers better weight, small bumps and cornering stiffness at that order.

As to the TRC option looks another soloution to give improved pedaling (and cost ~70gr) personally perefer non user intervention for the fork and shock I'd skip it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I was also leaning towards the 160 version so I think this would be the right choice.
    Regarding TRC I'm not sure. At the moment I have the Talas and I have to admit that I never really cared about the Talas system. Probably I would go for a float or van right now if I had to buy a fox fork.