mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Intense QR Seatclamp

Anyone know where I can pick up an Intense QR seatclamp? I want to replace the bolt seatclamp on my Slope Style with something that lets me adjust the saddle height without getting the multi-tool out.
    I know I could get an aftermarket replacement but I guess the OCD must be kicking in

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SingletrackSim
    Anyone know where I can pick up an Intense QR seatclamp? I want to replace the bolt seatclamp on my Slope Style with something that lets me adjust the saddle height without getting the multi-tool out.
    I know I could get an aftermarket replacement but I guess the OCD must be kicking in
    I didn't know there is one.... At least I've never seen one.

Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    I didn't know there is one.... At least I've never seen one.
    Ronnie.
    Yep,there's one,thought it has the "tribal" on it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    just about every aftermarket clamp will look nicer than the original intense one. it's just a taywan part with their tribal logo on it. get something like a hope and chose the anodised colour matching your bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by simonzahner
    just about every aftermarket clamp will look nicer than the original intense one. it's just a taywan part with their tribal logo on it. get something like a hope and chose the anodised colour matching your bike.
    That's right. KCNC,yummmmieee

mtbr member
    I use one of these from "Tune". 29gram. Also in all colors.

Ronnie.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I've found that in general 2 yen seatclamps are usually better than the more expensive ones. The cheapo ones on my Commencal and Orange are much better than the Salsa one I have.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SingletrackSim
    I've found that in general 2 yen seatclamps are usually better than the more expensive ones. The cheapo ones on my Commencal and Orange are much better than the Salsa one I have.
    You are soooo right! After a year of use the bolt on my Salsa QR broke but Salsa doesn't have spares and I couldn't find anything else that would work. Put the cheap looking Intense QR back on and it works better and is still in one piece after quite a while. Hopes work even better than the cheap ones but are heavier. But I can live with it because the lever feels so nice!

mtbr member
    Ive used just about all of the good ones.

I think the Hope QR works the best.

Penny's my cow-cat
    I'm "pretty sure" I have one from my 6.6 you can have, I don't know if it will fit though. You can reimbuse me only for the shipping. PM me you address if you want it.
    Penny has the fastest Paw in the west!

Penny's my cow-cat

Good job! Hope

I agree! I replaced mine with a hope too.

I found this QR, I'm 90% sure it came off my 6.6 when I had the front tri replaced. The first 6.6 QR had a logo on it. I measured it at 34mm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Penny has the fastest Paw in the west!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

my QR experience...

I bought a hope QR to replace the std bolt QR on my 08 SOCOM and found that the Hope bottomed out before fully clamping on the seatpost. I filed the Hope QR and had some success but not enough to fully clamp on the post. I then decided to measure a friends '06 SOCOM and found the seat tubing wall thickness was about .010" each side (from memory) thinner on my '08 than his '06. His '06 SOCOM seatclamp didn't work on my '08 SOCOM. It was such a pain, I decided to go back to the bolt on... I now have a nice $30 modified Hope QR in my garage... change with caution, and try it before buying if you can

Ideas Above My Station...
    Surely if it bottoms out before fully clamping, just tighten the adjustment bolt, thats what its there for?
    My Hope Seat Clamp is faultless, and i have to say better than the Intense one (Generic with 'Tribal' Logo) that came with my SS frame, and looks way better too!
    Its All Downhill From Here....!

mtbr member
    hope are the best. made in the uk with brass bushings. salsa are just taiwan junk now.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange-Goblin
    Surely if it bottoms out before fully clamping, just tighten the adjustment bolt, thats what its there for?
    Yep, adustment bolt bottomed out, everything bottomed out, I did not want to file anything. I think it may be a SOCOM thing, the SS may have a thicker seat tube.

Ideas Above My Station...
    Fair enough!!

Now forgive me if THIS sounds dumb, but are you sure its the right size, Hope do make a few sizes, and you maybe one out??? Like maybe a 31.00mm seat tube, and you have a 31.8mm clamp???

Sounds stupid, but i'm damn sure i've made the mistake in the past...!?
    Its All Downhill From Here....!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I did check, I calipered the tube, the bolt-on seat clamp and the new QR. The initial size of the bolt-on and QR are the same, but the bolt-on allows for a much longer clamping stroke. I am definitely open to suggestions, pulling out at allen key to drop the saddle sucks.