mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Intense for Life

Just did a short climb last weekend, with my buddies and here are the bikes in two generations. Red is a Spider, White is 5.5, with my Tracer VP at the front line. My fork is a 66 ATA with 140-180mm travel. Climbing at 140mm feels like climbing my 5.5 at 100mm, downhill at 160mmm was so much fun. Still experimenting at 165mm for my own preference only.

Still waiting for my CCDB to match my 66, and will keep the Fox RP23 for my lighter setup during summer for my climbing duties. Right now, weight is pegged at 31#. With my CCDB it'll be at my target weight of 32#.

To Dave at Red Barn Cycles in Lyons, CO...you're the man. Will definitely buy another one from you. Highly recommended!!!

Thanks so much Jeff, this is my All Mountain do it all bike. INTENSE for LIFE!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yup, it was set at 140mm...with 8 clicks in (+) at the compression, it barely bobbed. RC3 is a big improvement compare to RC2. I'm really glad I selected this instead of the Fox TALAS 36 RC2, eventhough the '09 66 is a pound heavier...I never felt it during the climb, and I always think effort will be paid on my downhill run.

Nickel stanchions are so smooth, even with the wipers still at the brake-in process...they're butter!!!

ride
    Thanks for the thumbs up! Glad to see you're digging the Tracer VP.

dave
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO