Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 47 of 47
  1. #26
    Not Bad
    Reputation: Just J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,063
    Lovely bike!

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmacovei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    226

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    13
    Hi. Just wanted to ask, what kind of headset do you use for the hard eddie? Can't seem to find a headset that will be compatible. Thanks!

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmacovei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by bebahsan View Post
    Hi. Just wanted to ask, what kind of headset do you use for the hard eddie? Can't seem to find a headset that will be compatible. Thanks!




    Cane Creek IS110 Inset

    P.S. I wanted to say it one more time: This bike is amazing!
    Last edited by jmacovei; 10-10-2012 at 09:07 AM.

  5. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by bebahsan View Post
    Hi. Just wanted to ask, what kind of headset do you use for the hard eddie? Can't seem to find a headset that will be compatible. Thanks!
    I use an Aerozine XH857 in mine. Works perfectly.

    My first post, so this is the closest I get to posting a URL:
    aerozinebike.com/products113.htm


    -Torstein
    Last edited by torsteinvh; 10-10-2012 at 10:51 AM.

  6. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    237
    I'm 6' with shoes on.......this frame is on the top of my list......Would a 18" or 20" be better. I'm on an X-cal with a 19" seat tube and 24.5 inch effective top tube. The Hard Eddie 18" has a 24" top tube an the 20" has a 24.8" effective top tube. Seems like a tossup.....less stand over is always a good thing, but I don't want to have to have too long of a stem so I don't feel cramped......ahh......rider input would be great! Thanks

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,524
    I wish these were out when I bought my Big Top. Geo looks remarkably similiar, but it is lighter and stiffer. Good looking bikes too.

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacovei View Post
    updated the old thread. check it out
    Which XTR crankset are you using? I'm interested in getting one of these but I want to use my current crank which is an XTR 42/30 ring configuiration.

    I have asked Intense direct a couple of times by email, and asked the question on FB but haven't had an answer.

  9. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmacovei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee rides a Tranny View Post
    Which XTR crankset are you using? I'm interested in getting one of these but I want to use my current crank which is an XTR 42/30 ring configuiration.

    I have asked Intense direct a couple of times by email, and asked the question on FB but haven't had an answer.
    I had the 42/30. It is now a single speed running alfine tensioner with the press bb and truvativ descendants.

  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmacovei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by ptkevin View Post
    I'm 6' with shoes on.......this frame is on the top of my list......Would a 18" or 20" be better. I'm on an X-cal with a 19" seat tube and 24.5 inch effective top tube. The Hard Eddie 18" has a 24" top tube an the 20" has a 24.8" effective top tube. Seems like a tossup.....less stand over is always a good thing, but I don't want to have to have too long of a stem so I don't feel cramped......ahh......rider input would be great! Thanks
    I think you would want this since it may have a shorter wheelbase than the next larger size which would make it more easy to steer if you like to use the body english and all that. You could always get a setback seatpost to compensate for 10-15mm difference.I am running the 70mm stem and I am 510...with the saddle almost all the way forward in the post clamp. go Med.

  11. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmacovei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    226
    it is an awesome bike. I chose this over the tallboy LTc 2012 that I had just built up and sold after riding both bikes, this one first for a while and then SC TB LTc 2012. both awesome, just did not need that much travel and i wish the head angle was a little slacker than 69.5 with a 140 talas. the spider comp 29 has the ideal geometry 68.5 with a 120mm.

  12. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmacovei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    226

    2012 Intense Hard Eddie 29er Single Speed

    34 x 18 alfine tensioner on descendant cranks with xtr 10 speed chain (the only chain i could find around the house that was long enough and not jackedup)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Intense Launches Hard Eddie Carbon 29er Hardtail-p4pb8910366.jpg  

    Intense Launches Hard Eddie Carbon 29er Hardtail-2012-spider-29-comp-hi-res-71.jpg  

    Intense Launches Hard Eddie Carbon 29er Hardtail-p4pb8910360.jpg  

    Intense Launches Hard Eddie Carbon 29er Hardtail-p4pb8910369.jpg  

    Intense Launches Hard Eddie Carbon 29er Hardtail-p4pb8910372.jpg  


  13. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Cool thanks, I've got mine sitting next to me waiting to be built up. All I'm waiting for is the new Praxis BB and the non driveside 142x12mm dropout.

    They look like 120mm forks, have they affected handling?

  14. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmacovei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee rides a Tranny View Post
    Cool thanks, I've got mine sitting next to me waiting to be built up. All I'm waiting for is the new Praxis BB and the non driveside 142x12mm dropout.

    They look like 120mm forks, have they affected handling?
    this a 100mm fork...it handles great. going to 120..will compromise climbing.it descends very nicely and stable with a 100mm..bb height is very low so its stable with a 100mm IMO and the CS length is awesome ..very steerable even as a 29er...275 carbine is my next evolution with intense...gonna give up my ibis mojo hd 160 34 fox front with coil 160 rc4...just feels like a kids bike although very steerable however on the descents a bigger wheel would be nice but ibis hd is not a 275/650b setup...going intense on this new tryout for 275/650b. it shoudl be ideal for me as I am 5'9" -5'10"...better steering than a 29er with the frame size for a medium type of guy and a bigger wheelsize than a 26er. nice.

  15. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Can you tell me what BB you were running for the XTR crank? I'm using a praxis converter and neither the 42/30 or the 38/26 will fit properly, the inner rings on both cranks hit the chainstay.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

  16. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    30

    stem length

    Quote Originally Posted by jmacovei View Post
    this a 100mm fork...it handles great. going to 120..will compromise climbing.it descends very nicely and stable with a 100mm..bb height is very low so its stable with a 100mm IMO and the CS length is awesome ..very steerable even as a 29er...275 carbine is my next evolution with intense...gonna give up my ibis mojo hd 160 34 fox front with coil 160 rc4...just feels like a kids bike although very steerable however on the descents a bigger wheel would be nice but ibis hd is not a 275/650b setup...going intense on this new tryout for 275/650b. it shoudl be ideal for me as I am 5'9" -5'10"...better steering than a 29er with the frame size for a medium type of guy and a bigger wheelsize than a 26er. nice.

    Hi there-can you tell me if you have tried a 50mm stem yet? and if you did was your saddle middle of the rail? width of your bar? ive pulled the trigger on a medium and just sorting some parts.

    cheers Haden

  17. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    30

    another hard eddie

    Like your bike-just got mine built...Medium frame (5' 10" 1/2)...not sure on weight buts it lite enough and solid as ferk!

    using a 55mm Easton Haven stem + 120mm CTD Talas..handling perfect... 70mm stem was fine but it feals much sharper with 55mm in 120mm mode with no compromise...headset is FSA Orbit 42/52 carbon.

    1x10 setup with E13 XCX 175mm cranks + E13 PF 30 BB adapter.

    Stealth post and XTR + some new Crossmax wheels + Ardent + Crossmark Lust finish it all off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Intense Launches Hard Eddie Carbon 29er Hardtail-2012-12-24-19.22.28.jpg  


  18. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    45
    How did you route the dropper post cable?

  19. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    30
    my bikes a 1 x 10 so using the front D hole...it works perfectly...you need to nail the post height from the get go...not alot of give in the cable.

  20. #45
    Not Bad
    Reputation: Just J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,063
    Quote Originally Posted by haden View Post
    Like your bike-just got mine built...Medium frame (5' 10" 1/2)...not sure on weight buts it lite enough and solid as ferk!

    using a 55mm Easton Haven stem + 120mm CTD Talas..handling perfect... 70mm stem was fine but it feals much sharper with 55mm in 120mm mode with no compromise...headset is FSA Orbit 42/52 carbon.

    1x10 setup with E13 XCX 175mm cranks + E13 PF 30 BB adapter.

    Stealth post and XTR + some new Crossmax wheels + Ardent + Crossmark Lust finish it all off.
    That is exactly how I'd run mine if I had one!

  21. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    45
    Any idea of the approximate weight with the Crossmax and the dropper post? I imagine, you're about 22 lbs?

  22. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    31
    Hey ptkevin, did you end up purchasing the Hard Eddie after all and what size of frame did you go with?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptkevin View Post
    I'm 6' with shoes on.......this frame is on the top of my list......Would a 18" or 20" be better. I'm on an X-cal with a 19" seat tube and 24.5 inch effective top tube. The Hard Eddie 18" has a 24" top tube an the 20" has a 24.8" effective top tube. Seems like a tossup.....less stand over is always a good thing, but I don't want to have to have too long of a stem so I don't feel cramped......ahh......rider input would be great! Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •