Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Intense customer service

One week ago this past Sunday I broke the rear shock linkage on my Carbine in first stage of an Enduro,heard it snap and the pivot bolt shot out and gone,also the chain stay on drive side got gouged from the chainring! that was the curse,the blessing was that my friends bike shop was minutes away from event and they were there at the race too to support the local scene,also they are an Intense dealer and dropped it off.I thought this was great said they would take pics and contact them Monday by email and phone,well it is a week gone and still no response from Intense! I'm not looking for VIP treatment but I am out a bike in the beginning of our Enduro season with commitments and was hopefull that this would take a couple of weeks top to get resolved.this is my sixth Intense and have a 2012 SS2 too,love the VPP design and Intense frames in general but have learned recently from a fellow rider that there customer service is much to be desired,took him six months to get a broken rear replaced on an Uzzi! they covered it but man six months! he sold it soon after and is now riding a Specialized.so I'm a tad Leary but hopefully they will hear from Intense this week and get this resolved!

Pirate!!!
    Nothing new here. It will likely take several weeks or even months, but in the long run they will take good care of you. I've learned from personal experience that contacting them yourself will give you faster service. And keep the pressure on. Call twice a day.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Thanks Captain,thats kind of encouraging,but crazy to have to work so hard just to get an initial response.my friend broke his Turner Sultan earlier this year same day response and resolved,new front triangle in a week another friend just recently broke his Gary Fisher single speed within two week sent him a new frame.for kind of money I have spent on Intense frames over the years and there reputation as a premier builder you would think that there customer service would be just as stellar.now that is out there that my frame failed I'm starting to here about Intense lack of backing and time it takes to resolve. a few have moved onto other builders because of past issues with
    service.with so many great frames out there now and am looking to replace the Carbine at the end of the season with the newer Iscg one and was looking at there Carbon 29er too.depending on what happens with this I just might be convinced to move onto another builder! I have my own business and great customer service is essential to overall client satisfaction with your product!

Lord of the Chain Rings
    This is so unfortunate to hear. I have an older Uzzi in which I cracked the rear drive side chanstay. This is not a warranty issue, but I want to get it fixed! It hasn't been a week but I am seeing too many stories like this. For the price of these frames you SHOULD get VIP treatment. It didn't used to be this way at Intense. Check the forums for when the first Spider's came out in 04 (I think) Jeff himself would answer the posts and put his personal email up for people to contact him directly. I had an issue with a d-railer hanger and I emailed him and he wrote me back immediately and shipped out 4 hangers and a t-shirt at no charge! I was blown away! We talking growing pains here? Are they moving into the carbon market and this has been a strain? Who knows, but for a die-hard Intense fan who owns every t-shirt and nick-nack they sell (yes, even an Intense key chain!) if they won't support their product how can we support them?
    Uzzi

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I remember better service to in early 2000's broke a lower linkage bolt on my very first Intense a 2001 Tracer on a middle of nowhere ride with two hrs back to the car,in there defense I was reall impressed with how well it road and held together back to the car and caused no other damage! Jeff sent me two new bolt ASAP! and over the years have lost upper linkage bolts some they replaced and some I bought to keep handy.I have been a very "loyal" customer and don't appreciate being taken for granted!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I am surprise about this comments, My 2011 rear triangle broke last year and I go the replacement two weeks later, no cost, no hassle. Also my lbs was no a dealer and send the replacement to them without problem.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I've had great luck with them. Don't rely on the shop to do the work. They may be blowing smoke up your butt.
    Call and email the guys in CS at Intense. They're supercool and will do whatever they can to get you riding.

mtbr member
    Two of my local bike shops wont even carry Intense anymore because their CS is so bad. I've had 3 Intense bikes and 2 of them I had problems with. I was lied to by Intense about the problems and was given the run around, but eventually they took care of me after months and months of phone calls from me and my LBS. I still ride an old SS1 that I would love to replace with a new one, but I think Ill pass on another Intense. Good Luck.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cvega View Post
    I am surprise about this comments, My 2011 rear triangle broke last year and I go the replacement two weeks later, no cost, no hassle. Also my lbs was no a dealer and send the replacement to them without problem.
    I had the same experience when my Tracer VP rear triangle cracked.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mbell View Post
    I've had great luck with them. Don't rely on the shop to do the work. They may be blowing smoke up your butt.
    Call and email the guys in CS at Intense. They're supercool and will do whatever they can to get you riding.
    They are not blowing smoke up my ass,I know these shop owners for years and am proud to call them friends too, and they take no shite! the problem is their are more failures then success with Intense customer service,now that I did my own research.and I mean really why should it be a waiting game for any loyal customer just to get a response in a reasonable time from such a high end big bucks frame company.I would think using a shop would be the proper way to get results it shows honesty and legitimacy going through an Intense dealer.I'm sure they are very "cool" but not so cool going into my second week without a bike and missing a much looking forward too Enduro event this weekend that I now have to pass on!

Lord of the Chain Rings
    Okay - so to follow up with my thread - Bike Shop said they tried relentlessly and couldn't get a response. I called their number listed on a Google search (42380 Rio Nedo Rd Temecula, CA 92590 (951) 296-9596) and got right through to a very nice gentlemen that confirmed that they had the part in stock, it was the re-worked yoke and though he did not want to, gave me a price estimate. Not sure where the break down is, but again, my faith is restored with Intense. Hope to be back up and running next week!
    Uzzi

Let's Ride
    It is all too common in threads such as this that only negative experiences are expressed, so I wanted to give my experience. I have been an Intense owner for 10+ years and my experience with Intense’s Customer Service has been outstanding. I have contacted Intense directly via email and phone several times over the years. They have always responded quickly and addressed my concerns. Just last week I had a small break on my bike and Intense sent me a replacement part ASAP so I was quickly riding again. I can’t speak for everyone’s experience but it must be a challenge for Intense to differentiate between a true warranty concern and customer damage. I know that Intense owners have the tendency to push their bikes further than owners of other manufacturers.

Intense 4 Life…

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Encouraging to hear some positive feedback from others,but is of no help for me,and seems at the least that they are inconsistent.let me get this straight,Intense would rather deal directly with customers then go through an Intense dealer whose expertise and credibility better assures that the a warranty issue with frame is legit? in my ignorance I actually believed that going through the dealer would be the right course of action!

Pirate!!!
    Call Chad at (951) 296-9596 ext. #818 He has always been available when I call.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I sent emails to intense about 4 months ago regarding questions about my M9. No response. Ever.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Calling is the best way to go. I've had great experience when I called them

-E

Lord of the Chain Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by techfersure View Post
    ...let me get this straight,Intense would rather deal directly with customers then go through an Intense dealer whose expertise and credibility better assures that the a warranty issue with frame is legit? in my ignorance I actually believed that going through the dealer would be the right course of action!
    Surely Intense wants to make sure that the break happened while riding and that you didn't take a Hard Eddie and do a 10 foot drop to flat then complain the frame broke. Or that you ran over your bike with your car then want Intense to replace it under warranty.

My issue is that my shop called and didn't connect with anyone, so I got through but they still insisted on going through my shop. You MUST go through a LBS or a dealer, that is their policy, but doesn't hurt to call and get their attention on your issue.
    Uzzi

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    To add as well, I started a thread awhile back with a busted link on my tracer 29. It turned out to be a bent rear triangle as well and was a complete cluster to have the shop figure out the triangle was bad after they finally got the new link and tried to put the whole bike back together. So please make sure your shop is bothering to check the rest of the bike if it is taking them this long to get the link replaced, it sucks to find out your down time is getting doubled.

But Intense did get the part out as soon as it was available. I know they run warranties through regional reps so that guy is probably your weak link, not the shop or Intense. Just look at foreign warranty threads to see how awful it can get.

Lord of the Chain Rings
    My Uzzi triangle is on it's way to paint and should be here next week. 2 1/2 from break to repair, that is if everyone goes according to schedule.
    Uzzi

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Well,came in late yesterday,and they did cover everything,but had to miss an Enduro event this weekend.if they would have responded pronto and shipped it next day like they did in the end anyway I would have been less frustrated and could have attended this race today! maybe a blessing in disguise today was at my LBS and made the move to the new 2014 Pivot Mach 6 27.5 Carbon and will have in about two weeks,sweet bike and excellent customer service!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I spoke with Chad from Intense today regarding a cracked tracer 2 frame . So far I'm happy with their service , Chad was very helpful and accommodating .

wuss
    Yeah, it really does seem like customer service is not consistently bad as there are plenty of happy customers with good experiences. Still it's weird that year after year there are also people with problems they really would not encounter elsewhere... My warranty replacement took a year a while back but it still happened. Never got a response to any emails to the public addresses, you really need to find a direct address to somebody and suddenly things start to happen.

Every one I contacted was super helpful, nothing just seemed to happen. Seems like a process problem more then anything else 'cause the personnel surely seems like they want to help everyone.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I have sent Intense multiple emails with pictures regarding the little metal chainstay protector that came off my Spider Comp and have received no response. I completely understand getting busy and missing an email here and there, but I have sent at least three emails and gotten nothing back. Yes, I should call and maybe would get a response, but if they are going to have an customer service email they should respond. If they aren't going to respond to the emails, they should get rid of the email address. I am really happy with the bike overall and I think they make good products, but customer service is a huge part of a successful business that seems to be lacking.

Its not really a big deal since I can just put come old tube over the spot, but for a $3000 frame and multiple emails I think it is really poor form on Intense's part that they have not gotten back to me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I completely agree with you. You know they have to read some of these posts. You would think after reading for years how bad their CS has a reputation for being, they would try to correct it.

Lord of the Chain Rings
    It doesn't seem right, but call them up. I have gotten to Chad everytime I called.
    Uzzi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast