A while back I bought a load of spare bolts from Eric on CC for my first generation Tracer 03 frame. Sadly some of the bolts both lower and upper custom bolts don't fit the linkage, the upper ones don't match the originals where filed as it won't go into the nut without damaging threads. Maybe Eric can help me out with getting ones that will fit as I never checked them when I ordered them as spares. Basically two sets of shock bolts 5 and 8.8 grade bolts don't fit.

The main frame bolts are all good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Intense-Cycles-S...110114003r7437

If you look at the link you'll see the top bolt is threaded quite a bit, wouldn't it be better to have less thread which starts even before the middle of the bolt. I ordered some newer type from CC (Eric) who got them from a local nut and bolt place which provided a longer shoulder on the bolt to provide more contact area for the shock bushings/reducers, rather than resting on the threads of the bolt which Intense provides. Sadly some of the bolts both lower and upper custom bolts don't fit the linkage, the upper ones don't match the originals where filed as it won't go into the nut without damaging threads.

So basically if I understand this correctly with the original shock bolts installed they only have tension on the sides as there is no contact in the middle between the shock/reducers and the bolt shaft. I can move the bolt from side to side so once tightened it will be somewhere in the middle with space round the bolt with no contact. Is this done on purpose instead of having a slightly larger bolt shaft allowing more contact?