mtbr member

Intense 6.6 new build

Finally got round to finishing my new build - Intense 6.6
    Bought the frame in 'raw' aluminium but, after much deliberation and scouring through the 6.6 gallery, decided to get it sprayed in Candy Red (luckily know a guy who sprays a lot of bikes/is a biker and he did if for free ) and have some custom stickers done.
    I've replaced all the bearings and shock mounts as I found they were in a pretty bad way.
    Since the photo I've changed the spring (as I wasn't sure what the spring was)to a nice new black one so looks so much better.
    Rides like a dream, super plush. It's a big change from the On One 456 Carbon I was riding but still climbs really well.
    Build Spec:
    Intense 6.6 frame
    5th Element Coil
    Fox Float 32 150mm 15QR
    Hope Hoops on DT 5.1's (soon to be Stans ZTR 355/Arch) 10mm Bolt thro rear
    Full 2 x 10 XT drivechain
    Hope Tech M4 brakes
    Easton EC70 seatpost
    Easton Monkeylite Carbon bars
    Thompson 50mm 4x Stem

Weighs in at approx 28lb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Intense 6.6 new build-intense6.6.jpg  

mtbr member
    Congrats, break out the champagne! Looking good.

mtbr member
    I'm a little unsure about the white spring, but damn it is light, mine's the wrong side of 35lbs

mtbr member
    Updated photo....now with new, right weight for me, cane creek spring. Scales were a bit out, accurately weighed at 29.5lb. Going tubeless soon with new lighter rims so should save a bit..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Intense 6.6 new build-imag1144.jpg  

mtbr member
    Great project- very cool.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Love the candy red! My 6.6 used to be a lightweight build at around 28lbs with the previous owner as it served as a long trave trailbike under him.

Now, mine weighs about 33lbs with burlier components. Van Fork, Coil shox, Hone cranks, Saint Brakes, Saint RD, Hope bolt-in hubs etc...

Was thinking of dropping the weight to at least 30lbs with a fox 36 float and Vivid Air shox but running short on disposable income right now. Maybe something for next year instead.
    :: Titus FTM :: Santa Cruz TallboyC :: OnOne 456evo2 ::

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Subscribed!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I had a 6.6 in medium (search for my threads - I pioneered some of the 6.6 fixes such as off-set shock bushes) which I sold as it was too small for me (now have a Tracer in Large). Anyway, I ran K9 Industries off-set headset cups to slacken the head angle by -2 degrees. TRANSFORMED the bike. I was going through my parts bin yesterday and saw the cups. If any of you 6.6 owners are interested in them - drop me a PM. They will only fit a size medium frame. The bearings were replaced shortly before removal so are almost new and the cups are in good condition apart from pitting / bash marks from when they were knocked out of the head tube when the were removed (won't be visible once installed and doesn't affect performance). $60 plus postage to anywhere in the world.