mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Intense 5.5 EVP HV or LV air can.

With my next service of my shock, Im thinking about getting it upgraded to a HV air can as Ive seen some people say that a HV air can made their shock feel slightly more responsive.
    Can anyone possibly clarify this and any help would be much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PrittStick Muncher View Post
    With my next service of my shock, Im thinking about getting it upgraded to a HV air can as Ive seen some people say that a HV air can made their shock feel slightly more responsive.
    Yeah, a HV air can makes sense... primarily because you can usually add spacers to a HV air can to make a shock more/less progressive, but you can't really modify a standard air can and make it more linear.... the nature of air suspension.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PrittStick Muncher View Post
    It depends what you are trying to get out of your shock. The natural VPP spring curve is progressive, so the normal aircan makes it even more progressive giving it a very efficient cross country feel. If you put an HV can on it, it will make it a little more linear and make it feel alot more plush on the medium and big hit bumps. So if you are doing alot of climbing and very little aggressive trail riding, you dont need it. If you want to give your 5.5 a more plush agressive feeling HV it up.

Also, know that the 5.5 uses a rare 7.0x2.0 Shock, so finding an HV may be difficult, unless one from another 2.0 stroke shock will work as well.

PS, hit up the guys from Push Industries. They know Intense suspention very well, and they have done some amazing things to my forks and shocks after I told them what bike and my riding style. They will REALLY help you get it dialed.

I hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thank you very much, the exact kind of reply I was looking for, and Im going to be sending it into mojo for the Kashima upgrade, so hopefully they should have the right size air can and I do prefer to ride agressively so it looks like I shall be going for the HV air can.