conjoinicorned

hey guys, gimme a reason (tracer 29)

i'm a short guy, but the small tracer 29 will fit me perfect. Jenson has a couple small frames left....i'm a long time RIP9 rider looking for a bit more bike

gimme a reason not to jump on a (2012) tracer 29....how's the wheelbase? how is it on longer, more XC rides? jumps good?

thanks intense fans, i've always wanted one but don't wanna be blinded by lust
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

Pirate!!!
    I love mine! That being said, I'm 215lbs and capable of muscling this big boy around. The wheelbase is long, but that's not a bad thing at the blistering speeds that this bike is capable of. On paper it's got a fairly steep HT angle, however, intense VPP bikes ride deep in their travel so the HT angle in my book is spot on! I spent a couple days at Downieville last year, honestly I cannot think of a better bike for that kind of riding. All that said, if you are looking for something that is the "quiver killer" this isn't it. It's a beast! Yes you could ride it comfortably all day, if you've got the stamina. I love mine!hey guys, gimme a reason (tracer 29)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359407168.019361.jpg

mtbr member
    Great bike! My 2010 was fantastic for XC/AM riding. I remember the T29 as a fast and stable bike (due to the longer wheelbase) at speeds and not bad of a climber. Mine was built under 32 pounds with a 2x9 drivetrain so it's not much of a pig. It's good at jumps as well to a certain point... I got way too confident in my head and tried a 12-14 ft double and let's say it didn't end up so well for me.

Since you are interested in the 2012, the links, collets and pivot bolts are updated as well as the rear triangle (G1). You won't be disappointed.

mtbr member

I like mine

I'm 5'6 190 and 48 years old and owning a smal Tracer 29 has kept me from nothing in the climbing department, it takes a bit more wattage to make the same climbs but most of that is energy saved by not having to work to keep the front wheel on the trail. I find the geometry chart on the Intense website to be accurate (if incomplete) although my inclinometer says the head angly is closer to 69 than 70, wheelbase is 45" with a 34x140 float fork.
    Jumping is better for me than my 26rs, seems to stay more upright; maybe a bit more gyroscopic effect at work I don't know.
    The bike isn't light, 7 1/2 lbs frame only and mine is built to 30 lb 3 oz. It is very fun in the chunk both up and down and the down is very fun.

There's always next year.
    I'm much bigger than you, but I think my feedback works. As long as you're not looking for a bike with race like handling, the Tracer sounds like it should fit what you are looking for. I don't jump much (I suck) but the Tracer is a bike that oozes confidence on techy stuff (for me) If I can't clear it, its not the bike's fault.

The wheelbase might make tight, twisty trails abit more of a chore, but to be honest, it could just be the nature of the beast-- this is the 'biggest' bike I owned. It seems to handle those kind of trails better when I put it in the 5" travel mode, which doesn't change the geo (I think) but it stiffens up the suspension, making it pedal out of turns better. To be fair, that could all be in my head though.

Mine is built up with with 2x10, a dropper post, and 140mm fork and sits in around 31-32 pounds. Climbs well for me, tracks well, and descends like a champ. I won't win any XC race, but its a bike that I can ride all day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hey guys, gimme a reason (tracer 29)-img_0690.jpg