mtbr member

Has anyone used burgtec offset bushings to lower the bb on a Carbine 275?

If so, did you have to shim or otherwise modify the shock? Also, did the installation negatively affect the performance of the suspension? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as this seems like a cheap way to lower the bob and slacken the head angle.
    Turner Sultan
    Canfield Yelli Screamy
    Ducati M1100s
    Husaberg TE 250
    KTM 300
    RD 400

mtbr member
    I finally installed the bushings that I purchased a couple of months ago. This is a great modification. It's simple to install and relatively cheap. It lowered the BB by about 10mm and slackened the HA by about 1 degree with no discernible negative effects on the suspension performance.
    Turner Sultan
    Canfield Yelli Screamy
    Ducati M1100s
    Husaberg TE 250
    KTM 300
    RD 400

mtbr member
    Glad to hear it worked out! This is just the info I have been waiting on. I have the 26" carbine slackened out 1deg and love the feel (angleset). Tested the 27.5 and like the roll over of the wheels but did not like the front HA. Felt like I was giving up something in the corners. Not as confidence inspiring for me. This sounds like the ticket! How does the ride compare?

mtbr member
    Lowering the BB while slackening the HA has worked wonders for the handling. I thought it might feel too slack, but the lowering of the BB has made it rails corners with more confidence. It brings the geometry in line with a 26 inch Carbine.
    Turner Sultan
    Canfield Yelli Screamy
    Ducati M1100s
    Husaberg TE 250
    KTM 300
    RD 400

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]
    Doesn't the offset bushings also slacken the seat tube as well? I was thinking about using offset bushings instead of an angleset headset on my T2 but was under the impression that these bushings would have a negative affect on the seat tube angle (for climbing that is) whereas the headset approach will slightly steepen it.
    ٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃̃)۶ ٩(̯)۶

mtbr member
    Yes, but not enough that it has affected the bike's climbing ability. At least I have not noticed. All I can say is that I like the bike better with the offset bushings than without.
    Turner Sultan
    Canfield Yelli Screamy
    Ducati M1100s
    Husaberg TE 250
    KTM 300
    RD 400

Ambi-Turner
    May 2010
    I installed the Burgtec bushings about four months ago. It made a great improvement and the rear suspension still works great. I actually was running a 26" wheel Talas 32 150 that had a low axle to crown and my bb was 13.4. The fork was a noodle so now I'm running a 36 van 160mm for 26". It has raised the front end a bit, so bb is now 13.8. Angle finder is reading 68 degrees. A bit too high for my taste, but better than running a 27.5 Fox that raised the front end ridiculously high.
    You can also run a 26" wheel in the back and achieve similar results.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    After waiting almost 2 months for delivery, I also installed Burgtec offset bushings on my Carbine 275. After installation of both the top and bottom bushings, my rear tire didn't clear the seattube at full shock compression. It wasn't even close. I then tried just using an offset bushing only at the top shock mount and it still didn't clear. I have a Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.35 on the rear. Anyways- wanted to let people know that with this frame and offset bushings, lack of clearance is a problem with some tires.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info maddievanpatten. I was wondering about the clearance in 150 mode and it sounds like a no-go. Considering that and the still a little high bb noted by throttlemire...I'm gonna hold off for now. I have the Carbine working great in 26" 150 mode and got the CCDB air setup progressive with the reduce air volume spacer. Feels too good to mess up!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tortfeasor View Post
    I finally installed the bushings that I purchased a couple of months ago. This is a great modification. It's simple to install and relatively cheap. It lowered the BB by about 10mm and slackened the HA by about 1 degree with no discernible negative effects on the suspension performance.
    Burgtec does not specify any of their kit for the Carbine (or T2) at their site for the product (see URL below).
    which of these did you use?

Burgtec Titanium Offset Shock Hardware | Burgtec

mtbr member
    So....do the bushings work great, but only on the lower shock eye? MVP above says installing both is no-go, and installing only the upper is no-go , both due to rear tire clearance issues.
    Or are you guys successfully using the bushings only in short ( 140) travel mode?
    Thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan972 View Post
    Burgtec does not specify any of their kit for the Carbine (or T2) at their site for the product (see URL below).
    which of these did you use?
    "" If your bike is not covered on the list below please check the sizes below the bike list and we we be happy too make up a kit for you and add your bike too the list.""

You can also contact them at the bottom of that page.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by scottay View Post
    "" If your bike is not covered on the list below please check the sizes below the bike list and we we be happy too make up a kit for you and add your bike too the list.""

You can also contact them at the bottom of that page.
    The reason for asking is that it sound a bit like tortfeaser and mediavanpaten are using different sets - is this possible?

mtbr member
    I'm thinking they are in different travel/configuration mode. I dont think there would be a difference whether you installed just one bushing, top or bottom, it would be the same outcome.....

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I installed the bushings in 150mm or the long travel/configuration mode. Have not tried the short travel mode.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. Did you try only one bushing in the lower mount? Not sure it would make a difference, just asking to be sure.....bushings DO NOT work in FullTravel/ 150 mode.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I never tried it with just the lower mount although I doubt it would make a difference. Will post if I get a chance to try it. Yes- in my experience and with a 27.5 Nobby Nic 2.35, the bushings do not work in the full travel/150 mode because of seat tube clearance issues.

mtbr member
    Good info! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Okay, I'm a bit confused by the impact of offset bushings.

It makes sense to me that when you just use an angleset, it would push out the front wheel, lower the bb, effectively slackening the HA, lowering the bb and steepening the SA.

However, if you use an offset bushing, wouldn't it be the same? That is, the offset bushing causes the suspension to start a little into it's travel. This would also slacken the HA, lower the bb and also actually steepen the SA? Anytime you lower the bb, since the seat tube is connected to the bb - wouldn't this also steepen the SA, e.g. take from 73 to 74?

Or, am I getting this wrong?
    fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches.

mtbr member
    In either case, the SA would become slacker, same as the HA.

I think with an angle set you would lose the internal headset cups and also they squeak/can be a pain to set-up.
    I would think bushings are easier to work with.

WheelBanger
    Jun 2010
    So has anyone had success running the Burgtec bearings on the Carbine 275?
    Does the tire rub?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Is there anyone stateside that makes these bushings? At USD $42 and waiting a couple months, I would like to check out other options if available.

I recently made the switch to 27.5 with Nobby Nics and Pike 150 and that raised my BB to about 13.75", about .5" higher than my 26" build. While I am willing to drink the Kool-Aid as much as anyone, I swear the bike handles differently compared to 26" and not exactly in a good way. I feel unbalanced and sketchy. I am wondering if it is due to the higher BB height and am wondering if the bushings are the way to go.

BTW, what are the bushing sizes you guys ordered?

TIA.
    Wanted: Ritchey P-20,21,22,23 in Team colors, 18-inch, '92-99, Ritchey Logic fork (threadless); NEW Rock Shox Judy Decal Sets

Ambi-Turner
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanus View Post
    Is there anyone stateside that makes these bushings? At USD $42 and waiting a couple months, I would like to check out other options if available.

I recently made the switch to 27.5 with Nobby Nics and Pike 150 and that raised my BB to about 13.75", about .5" higher than my 26" build. While I am willing to drink the Kool-Aid as much as anyone, I swear the bike handles differently compared to 26" and not exactly in a good way. I feel unbalanced and sketchy. I am wondering if it is due to the higher BB height and am wondering if the bushings are the way to go.

BTW, what are the bushing sizes you guys ordered?

TIA.
    I have a set that work for the Carbine (I sold the bike). Burgtec lists the part numbers as 9492 and 8712. Send me a PM if you're interested in buying them.