Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Free Fork with Intense Tracer

We always wonder how powerful the MTBR forums are when it comes to marketing our brand. I was checking through the warehouse and we have some Rock Shox Revelation 426 forks left over from SRAM build kits we offered last year. To test the power of the MTBR forum I am willing to offer these for FREE with the purchase of a new Tracer VP frame. Just go to your local dealer(U.S. dealers only) have them order up a Tracer VP and tell them you want the FREE fork. I dont have many and once they are gone they are gone. No future ship dates, no "well I just bought a Tracer", no "my dealer has one in stock, he just needs the fork". This is a test to gauge, new orders coming from the MTBR crowd and how quickly the word gets from MTBR to the dealer.

Let me know what you think

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    if you'll extend it to new zealand i'll do it tomorrow - no today =)

Fearing the Reaper
    wow.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Are we guarenteed to get one?

If I order one tomorrow, am I sure to get one? If so, I'm there.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    So let me get this straight because I just bought my Tracer Vp I can't get a free fork? If that is the case thats great. Well I sent a e-mail to Richard's Bike where I bought my Tracer Vp with a Intense XT kit on-line to contact you guys at Intense so I guess I will see what happens about this free fork thing. You think all of us who put our money up AKA I DON'T EVEN HAVE A INTENSE DEALER IN R.I HAD TO BUY MY TRACER VP ON-LINE. We miss out on this deal go figure. from Johnny.Gervais
    Last edited by JohnnyG 1970; 10-23-2008 at 07:38 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Is this the '08 fork with 130mm travel?

mtbr member
    I literally just picked up my frame this evening, will I be able to snag one of those forks?

mtbr member
    this idea looks like it could pi$$ off a lot of people

mtbr member

Inventory...

My understanding is that Intense has actual standing inventory of Tracer's too, after commiting a lot of production resources to the frame. Therefore its not a "free fork now and in January, you'll get your frame..." :-)

Underweight Rider
    The 1st post was pretty straight forward. I bet a LOT of people who saw this thread 1st thing they did were to check with their lbs rather than responded here instead. What Pecusick did was very noble indeed - he could have either sold it at a discount or pass it on free to the bike dealers instead and wouldnt have gotten this kinda response. It would be prolly safe to say this will be the LAST anyone see these kind of offers from Intense.
    No doubt my next bike will be an Intense knowing well the people behind the brand has the riders interest on 1st priority...salute.

Penny's my cow-cat

Here we go again

This remindes me of the "name the new Tracer " idea. I think Intense means well but it looks like a recipe to PO a lot of people off.
    Last edited by Cowboy-jeff; 10-25-2008 at 07:23 AM.
    Penny has the fastest Paw in the west!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    us only!!!!

mtbr member
    For heavens sake, what's the big deal? Intense has decided to give a limited supply of old forks away with frames if you want one. Intense is a business not a charitable organization. It is an incentive to sell a few frames. This decision was made yesterday, I assume. Maybe I should start crying because they won't give me a free fork for my four year old 5point5 frame. If you have already bought a New frame, tough luck. Live with it.

Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

Dude, got any schwag?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    For heavens sake, what's the big deal? Intense has decided to give a limited supply of old forks away with frames if you want one. Intense is a business not a charitable organization. It is an incentive to sell a few frames. This decision was made yesterday, I assume. Maybe I should start crying because they won't give me a free fork for my four year old 5point5 frame. If you have already bought a New frame, tough luck. Live with it.

Ronnie.
    Livin' widdit. The way I see it, I already have mine, it's sweet, it's exactly what I wanted, and it's already dirty from being ridden. There was no need for further incentive to buy. Good deal for those that need a little push.

And I live in Bend with hundreds of miles of sweet single track out my back door.

Anyone feel sorry for me for missing this deal?
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    I am very happy with my new Tracer Vp aka it will be shipped very soon to me. But if I can get a free fork thats even better. HEY SELL YOUR OLD 5.5 AND BUY A TRACER VP AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO THE INTENSE COMPANY BY BUYING THERE NEW STUFF.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Just wanted to follow up on my above question...is this the '08 fork with 130mm travel?

mtbr member
    WOW there are a lot of little *****es on here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boogenman
    exactly what i think, i was going to make a post last night about it.. but refrained since i don't want to cause too much trouble in here.

Underweight Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by boogenman
    *nods* +1 on that

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pecusick
    We always wonder how powerful the MTBR forums are when it comes to marketing our brand. I was checking through the warehouse and we have some Rock Shox Revelation 426 forks left over from SRAM build kits we offered last year. To test the power of the MTBR forum I am willing to offer these for FREE with the purchase of a new Tracer VP frame. Just go to your local dealer(U.S. dealers only) have them order up a Tracer VP and tell them you want the FREE fork. I dont have many and once they are gone they are gone. No future ship dates, no "well I just bought a Tracer", no "my dealer has one in stock, he just needs the fork". This is a test to gauge, new orders coming from the MTBR crowd and how quickly the word gets from MTBR to the dealer.

Let me know what you think
    Great idea. Even though I'm not into Intense or in the market for a new ride, this is a cool idea on straight-forward terms.

Thanks for offering it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Jonny1970 -

You ***** more than a twelve year old school girl between this post and the one about your wait. So if you buy something and it goes on sale or a “kicker” is added in at some point in time than irrespective of when you bought it, you deserve to get that price reduction or kicker to?

You made a deal to purchase a product at an already predetermined price. That is called a contract. I already purchased my Tracer and I don’t feel entitled to a fork because I made the deal prior to this announcement. This happens all the time!!!

My buddy just bought an M3 and the next week they lowered interest rates on the cars to 0.9%. Should they refinance his loan for him? I bought stock in June and now it is cheaper to buy, should my stock broker make up the difference for my judgment for the timing of my decision to buy? If companies had to retrospectively and prospectively reprice all products for every promotion, there would be no such thing as a promotion as the new promotion price would be the standard price for all product sold.

I am comfortable saying this because again, I recently bought one and I understand that I am not entitled to a fork period. Kudos to Intense for this offer.

Dude, got any schwag?
    Tell us how you really feel.
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I just did

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    well spoken....now go get your f#@$%& shinebox johnny!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smithrider
    Jonny1970 -

You ***** more than a twelve year old school girl between this post and the one about your wait. So if you buy something and it goes on sale or a “kicker” is added in at some point in time than irrespective of when you bought it, you deserve to get that price reduction or kicker to?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast