mtbr member
    Jul 2011

First enduro race with the 2013 uzzi

So today was the first enduro race of my uzzi. For a bit of background, I weigh 200-210lbs RTR, shock is ccdb spring with 400 spring rate(second hand shock). During the race, i really appreciate the plushness it feels during downhills but one thing that bothers me is I loose a lot of momentum/speed during sudden climbs in the special stages because the rear BOBS tremendously. Is it because of the light spring weight? I adjusted the tune of the ccdb to make it work quite good with the spring while I wait for heavier one. Will it lessen the bob if i get a heavier spring. I could say I am an average to good climber during my dw link turner days but I was surprised that the bob was really noticeable with my current setup. Here is my tune LSC- 12 LSR -12, HSC-2 HSR-1.5, preload is 4turner clockwise.

Hope someone here can help me as I really had fun on the dh with the uzzi. But in enduro its not all downhill, there are sprints as well and I believe thats where the uzzi is lacking.

mtbr member
    I don't have any direct experience with that Uzzi, (having only ridden my friends' a couple times).....however, I'm the same weight and would have to say that's probably too light a spring for you. I rode my Socom with a 450lb spring & I currently ride my 951 with a 500lb spring, a heavier spring will likely fix most of your problems as long as you set your sag correctly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Just ordered online a 450 spring based on the spring calculator that cane ccreek provides. Is the calculator reliable? I hope riding the 450 would improve the pedal iduced bob.

mtbr member
    I'm running my a CCDB with a 450 Ti on my Uzzi. I'm probably about 190-195 with full DH gear. I'll have to check my shock settings tomorrow for reference.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi ocmoto. Thanks. Will wait for your update. My steel 450 is on its way and hopefully could solve the issue

mtbr member
    HSC-1.5
    LSC-12
    HSR-2.25
    LSR-14
    Pre-load is set to about 3 turns if recall correctly

I started with the following as my base and tweaked to the above final settings:
    HSC-1
    LSC-14
    HSR-1.5
    LSR-16

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi oc.thanks.will try to follow that. Is that setup pedal friendly for allmountain or more on the dh/fr side? Take not that I will be using the short travel mode (6.5in) what travel are u using?

mtbr member
    I'm setup in the longer travel(7.5 for the 2011 w/2.75 stroke shock) and it's more dh/fr oriented, but still pedals pretty well. I've always found with coils having a little more LSC and LSR slowed down seems to help hold it steady at the sag point when pedaling. Maybe go up a couple of turns on the LSC if its feeling mushy when you get on the pedals.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LGavin View Post
    So today was the first enduro race of my uzzi. For a bit of background, I weigh 200-210lbs RTR, shock is ccdb spring with 400 spring rate(second hand shock). During the race, i really appreciate the plushness it feels during downhills but one thing that bothers me is I loose a lot of momentum/speed during sudden climbs in the special stages because the rear BOBS tremendously. Is it because of the light spring weight? I adjusted the tune of the ccdb to make it work quite good with the spring while I wait for heavier one. Will it lessen the bob if i get a heavier spring. I could say I am an average to good climber during my dw link turner days but I was surprised that the bob was really noticeable with my current setup. Here is my tune LSC- 12 LSR -12, HSC-2 HSR-1.5, preload is 4turner clockwise.

Hope someone here can help me as I really had fun on the dh with the uzzi. But in enduro its not all downhill, there are sprints as well and I believe thats where the uzzi is lacking.

I run a CCDB Air and I have no bob issues for enduro/all mountain riding and it's still great downhill. You will also lose a pound by switching to the air shock.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!