mtbr member
    May 2010

Dual Ring Chainguide for an Uzzi

What works ? Gamut Dual or how about something as simple as a Stinger?

any recomendations?

Intense Uzzer
    Lots of discussion in this thread:

Uzzi VP questions
    2010 Intense Uzzi
    2009 Wilier Izoard

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Hi there,

I run mine with Race Face Atlas with a chain tensioner from "Superstar" e-ring mount.
    But to be honest with you I'm saving for a single ring with E-13 LG1 chain guide.
    Even on Friday before my weekend ride I blocked the front mesh on the 32 ring and took the front shifter off and this is how I'll run it now until buying the E-13 chain guide.

Here's how it looks mine with double in front.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    thanks guys

My leg feels funny
    I'm running an XT crankset. I tried the Gamut Dual but it doesn't mount up 100% with no extra effort. You *might* be able to mount the iscg version by putting washers behind the plate and adding a 1mm spacer to the bb but I decided to go with the e-type stinger instead which mounted up no problems.

The problem with the Gamut Dual is it is recessed on the back which results in the arm hitting the lower link so thats why you'd use the washers on the back to raise it up however that results in the granny bolts hitting the guide bolts which is why you need the 1mm spacer on the bottom bracket.

In the end I just wanted something that worked, so far I have yet to drop a chain with the stinger.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The Gamut is taking more work than just washers and spacers too. Once it clears everything, the next issue is that the step in the roller is pushed too far over on the chainline. I milled the roller on mine and it's just about there, but it's been a bit of a project.

The Stinger works pretty good. I used the ISCG05 mount and used an ISCG mounting bolt on the backside of the roller and chamfered the slot to match.

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by davet
    The Stinger works pretty good. I used the ISCG05 mount and used an ISCG mounting bolt on the backside of the roller and chamfered the slot to match.
    Right, forgot to mention you have to do that. Its pretty easy to do though.