mtbr member

Dual Chain Guide for 09 SS ... e13 DS or Blackspire Stinger?

Hi, building up an 09 SS and looking for a chainguide for a dual ring setup with hone cranks. Will either the e13 DS or Blackspire Stinger fit easily? Are the ISCG 05 or BB versions a better fit? Are there any other options I should be looking at? Would prefer to keep the filing and grinding to a minimum

Thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Both will work, but If you think you will be bashing lots of things I'd go w/ the DRS since it's a little beefier. I have one on my bike ( but I swapped out the bash ring for a lighter Gamut) and the grinding was minimal. It works great

Commit or eat sh!t
    Go with DRS. Blackspire is thicker (~3.6mm vs. 2.5mm), and that causes some problems including with some cranksets and when grinding a notch for the pivot bolt.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, did you go with the ISCG mounted DRS or the bottom bracket mounted one?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have the opposite opinion here, I'd go with the Stinger and for a few reasons
    -price...you can't beat $30
    -minimal modification. I swapped out the rear roller bolt with a tapered chainguide bolt and some minimal chamfering of the hole. An honest 5 minutes of work.
    -better roller and bearing. I've got 2 DRS's sitting in the junkpile. I found the rollers clogged up often and the bearings seized up all the time. I've got a 3 year old Stinger on the original bearing.

Old school BMXer
    DRS

I had the DRS on my SS, then swapped to the Stinger for lighter weight. I suddenly started dropping the chain a lot in rough, fast stuff. Went back to the DRS and stopped dropping the chain. The Stinger is now for my wife's SS, since she doesn't ride as fast through rough stuff, and so she doesn't have a problem with it.

ISCG mount - you will have to do some filing/grinding to the mount, but that's no big deal.
    May the air be filled with tires!