mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Dropper post for my Spider Comp

Iwant to get a dropper post for my spider comp. I wanted a Reverb Stealth but I don't like the internal routing along the down tube that much.

Maybe it's a dumb question but since I'm planing to go 1x, would it be possible to route the cable of a stealth post through the top-tube and going out by the FD shifter routing? (is there some kind of internal tube that guide the cable or is it free inside the frame??)

I'm looking at KS Lev Ti and I think even with external routing under the top tube it might have a better look than a stealth dropper routing on the down tube...

KS LEV and RS reverb seems to have good reviews. Any experience/suggestion would be appreciated

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Looking closely at my bike that was a dumb question…

So I guess I have 3 options:
    1. Stealth dropper with cable running on the down tube
    2. Non-stealth dropper with cable running through FD routing (internal top tube)
    3. Non-stealth dropper with cable under top tube, so regular external routing

mtbr member
    I had the Reverb Stealth and now have the regular Lev. Both work fine, but I prefer using the FD internal routing and the Lev.

mtbr member
    One more option: Use a drill bit (rotozip) to put a small hole in the front derailleur guide tube just inside of the frame; that way you're not cutting the frame, just the cable guide. Then you can run a stealth dropper hose in the frame hole for the FD and down the down tube and up the seat tube. I've had mine that way for months and love the clean lines and haven't had any issues.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ufdah View Post
    One more option: Use a drill bit (rotozip) to put a small hole in the front derailleur guide tube just inside of the frame; that way you're not cutting the frame, just the cable guide. Then you can run a stealth dropper hose in the frame hole for the FD and down the down tube and up the seat tube. I've had mine that way for months and love the clean lines and haven't had any issues.
    You have to remove the BB to pass the cable from the seat tube to the down tube? I'm not sure about the drilling part, sound like I would mess it up!!